Condo Gyms open when, for weighlifting?

bbi1

When are they going to allow condo gyms to open again, mainly for lifting weights? This is completely stupid that they have closed down condo gyms for this long, and especially when condo gyms hardly get anyone even using the weights.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Mops59 said:

Condo gym is allowed in Hua Hin. No use of electrical like aircon, treadmill, etc. Safe distance to apply. Probably 1 person at the time.

But condo gym is not public, exclusive set of people. 

Unfortunately in BKK condo gyms aren't open yet ????

or are they but not in my condo?

My Bangkok condo gym and pool opened last Sunday, (no sauna or steam though), just have to sign up for the limited slots per day for each and no restrictions on electrical machines. They close for 1-2 hours for cleaning in between.

• Like 1

I got contacted by my personal trainer last week saying his gym was now open (Base in Bangkok) so there should be no need for your gym to still be closed. The management at my condo closed our gym at the start but when I kicked up a fuss, they introduced a 'book by appointment' scheme which surprise, surprise, worked very well (as far as I've seen there's only 4 or 5 people that use it). It sounds like your condo management are not using commmon sense and just being jobsworths.

My condo's gym and swimming pool have been open again since Monday. Here, you need to book a 1-hour slot with the office in advance and they don't allow more than 4 people in per slot. I'm in Bangkok as well.

Edited by Caldera

3 hours ago, Caldera said:

My condo's gym and swimming pool have been open again since Monday. Here, you need to book a 1-hour slot with the office in advance and they don't allow more than 4 people in per slot. I'm in Bangkok as well.

Exactly the same at my (Bkk) condo. Gym is also bookable for max 2 people. Pool has 4 zones with limited people and booking by 1 hour slots.

im extremely impressed with the way our office has managed every aspect of lockdown life. When I tell my family back home they can’t believe how disciplined it’s been compared to home.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Caldera said:

Similar to my LPN condo here in BKK.

17 hours ago, erinsf said:

Condo gyms can only open for weights. And, they need to be distanced. So, most are not open.

and they need to be cleaned/disinfected after people stop, thus don't be surprised if there's extra charge and the condo needs extra cleaning people.... small condo gyms rooms if respecting social distancing that means only 1 person allowed, is it worth the trouble

On 5/22/2020 at 4:22 PM, bbi1 said:

Unfortunately in BKK condo gyms aren't open yet ????

or are they but not in my condo?

The condo gyms in my Bangkok and Pattaya condos both opened but with restrictions on what equipment can be used.  Pools both opened, too, with 3 lanes marked out at both.

Sorry to say, but I always found gyms a breeding ground for germs.  But either Thailand is free of the virus or it isn't and if it's the former there is really no good reason for any gym- or anywhere else for that matter- to stay closed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

Sorry to say, but I always found gyms a breeding ground for germs.  But either Thailand is free of the virus or it isn't and if it's the former there is really no good reason for any gym- or anywhere else for that matter- to stay closed.

and that's one of the many reasons I never frequented them

• Haha 1