Not wearing a mask: Lottery seller attacks "jobsworth" with a coffee cup

webfact

11 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

I wear a mask as I don't want to take the risk to pay a fine.

I do everything my Immigration Officer tell me to do to get my extension, as I don't want not to get an extension.

I abide to everything here in Thailand and that since 2000.

Maybe one day too much will be too much, and I will book a one-way ticket. 

Your choice Lucky. Book a whole flight and take some of the non compliant TV posters on here with you.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, eddiebat said:

show me the laws that state that an official has the right to intimidate a member of the public to force wear a mask.

I'm well aware of the assault charge it was in response to unlawful intimidation by a power hungry official and not for the first time.

So he got what was coming to him. Now please show me the Laws that it is mandatory to wear a mask and don't be side stepping the issue show me the proof by posting the law, in Thai will do I can read Thai. 

New regulations have been posted and depending on which province you're in anyone Thai/Farang not wearing a mask in public can be fined or jailed or both  for not wearing a mask.  Fine ranges from up to 20,000 baht to up to 100,000 baht in Chonburi/Pattaya. The US Embassy web site also has posted that all it's citizens in Thailand are required to wear masks in public untill further notice.

92703870_10220504036244340_9056732408191123456_n.jpg.c6b726a70d738aa029a46dc7a9f875b3.jpg

They did not have  a law before that everyone need wear a mask because in normal times it's not nescessary to wear a mask in public. This is a tempory law/decree untill the danger ( Covid19 ) is under control and they have a vaccine to prevent it or a effective treatment to kill it. Same as restrictions on gyms, beaches, restaurants,   temporary untill the Virus is irradicated.

• Sad 1

On 5/22/2020 at 5:39 PM, Tony125 said:

New regulations have been posted and depending on which province you're in anyone Thai/Farang not wearing a mask in public can be fined or jailed or both  for not wearing a mask.  Fine ranges from up to 20,000 baht to up to 100,000 baht in Chonburi/Pattaya. The US Embassy web site also has posted that all it's citizens in Thailand are required to wear masks in public. 

92703870_10220504036244340_9056732408191123456_n.jpg.c6b726a70d738aa029a46dc7a9f875b3.jpg

Is this for real? I see quite a number of Thai vendors in Chiang Mai not wearing a mask in a communal market.

19 hours ago, khaowong1 said:

If your sick, and think you've got the damn woohoo flu, stay home.  Why should I wear a mask to protect me from you?  

Maybe if you think it through you will get it.

Clue you can have the virus without symptoms. So you wear a mask to protect others. You don't know when you have corvid 19. 

1 hour ago, EricTh said:

Is this for real? I see quite a number of Thai vendors in Chiang Mai not wearing a mask in a communal market.

What don't you get?  Each province can issue it's own emergency decree as long as it does not lessen a national oder.   This was issued for ChonBuri Province ( not Chiang Mai ) which includes Pattaya and can result in a fine of up to 100,000 baht or up to a year in jail or both. In Phuket the fine is up to 20,000 baht.  And with curfue the national oder was 10PM to 4AM but some places had it 10PM  to 5AM.. It is now 11PM to 4AM  (at least here in Bangkok.

Can't go into a 7---11, Big C, Macro, some burger kings ect without a mask or having temp checked and scanning app to give time you entered and exited store and who you are. A lot of TV posters said they would not wear a mask--then they are not entering these stores and as for walking around and saying "hey those Thai aren't wearing a mask" I'm a farang and I won't have some ticked off Thai cop see an oportunity to make some  baht buy arresting me and getting fined or jailed for not obeying the Emergency decree. It's not forever .

On ‎5‎/‎22‎/‎2020 at 5:39 PM, Tony125 said:

New regulations have been posted and depending on which province you're in anyone Thai/Farang not wearing a mask in public can be fined or jailed or both  for not wearing a mask.  Fine ranges from up to 20,000 baht to up to 100,000 baht in Chonburi/Pattaya. The US Embassy web site also has posted that all it's citizens in Thailand are required to wear masks in public. 

The Incident occurred in Sahpanburi not Chonburi show me the Saphanburi Governors Decree.

Now Keep this in MIND

You can put anything into an Emergency Decree that doesn't mean its Lawful. And the word  MUST is very different from Mandatory. 

must-
[must-]

COMBININGFORM
  1. used to form adjectives and nouns denoting things that are essential or highly recommended.
    "a must-visit destination" ·
    [more]

So you see  Must is Highly recommended not Mandatory in LAW

mandatory
    [ˈmandət(ə)ri]

ADJECTIVE
    1. required by law or mandate; compulsory.
      "wearing helmets was made mandatory for pedal cyclists"
      synonyms:

Mandatory means by Law

Did you see the word Mandatory in ANY of the Emergency Decrees?

Correct Nor did I see the word Mandatory

So the Thug Official had no right whatsoever to intimidate the poor old lottery seller by LAW.
      If I was the seller I would Lawyer up Quick
      Rights Infringed and Violated by Thug Official
      UN Human Rights
      Thai Constitutional Rights
      Criminal Violations
      Physical and Psychological Intimidation
      Harassment by a Govt Official
      False arrest by trying to detain him
      etc etc

And your Defence  (MUST) Ha
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, eddiebat said:

The Incident occurred in Sahpanburi not Chonburi show me the Saphanburi Governors Decree.

Now Keep this in MIND

You can put anything into an Emergency Decree that doesn't mean its Lawful. And the word  MUST is very different from Mandatory. 

must-
[must-]

COMBININGFORM
  1. used to form adjectives and nouns denoting things that are essential or highly recommended.
    "a must-visit destination" ·
    [more]

So you see  Must is Highly recommended not Mandatory in LAW

mandatory
    [ˈmandət(ə)ri]

ADJECTIVE
    1. required by law or mandate; compulsory.
      "wearing helmets was made mandatory for pedal cyclists"
      synonyms:

Mandatory means by Law

Did you see the word Mandatory in ANY of the Emergency Decrees?

Correct Nor did I see the word Mandatory

So the Thug Official had no right whatsoever to intimidate the poor old lottery seller by LAW.
      If I was the seller I would Lawyer up Quick
      Rights Infringed and Violated by Thug Official
      UN Human Rights
      Thai Constitutional Rights
      Criminal Violations
      Physical and Psychological Intimidation
      Harassment by a Govt Official
      False arrest by trying to detain him
      etc etc

And your Defence  (MUST) Ha

And do you think Thai understand the fine nuances of the English language? Plus it is correctly used in the decree ( a temporay Law ) from Collins English Dictionary below :

2. MODAL VERB

You use must to indicate that it is necessary for something to happen, usually because of a rule or law.
Candidates must satisfy the general conditions for admission. 
Mr Allen must pay Mr Farnham's legal costs. 
Equipment must be supervised if children are in the house.

And as I posted different provinces have different fines/punishments for not wearing  a mask but there is a nationwide order to wear masks in public.
In Asian countries, generally, it’s become a common look, as people move around and go shopping while wearing a face mask. In China, and Thailand for now, it’s compulsory to wear a mask when out in public at all times. But in western countries it’s a lot less common.

Wear a Mask

Regardless of what you may think about the effectiveness of masks, the majority of Thai people are wearing them and expecting others to do so too. From late March it has been compulsory to wear a mask on most forms of public transport, in supermarkets and a number of other venues. Governors of local provinces have the authority to make it compulsory to wear a mask if you are outside.

https://th.usembassy.gov/health-alert-u-s-embassy-bangkok-thailand-may-18-2020/

Above is link to US Embassy web site  dated May 20, 2020. If you scrol down to Key points on Covid19  you will see " Thai regulations now require the wearing of face masks in public. "

Edited by Tony125
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Tony125 said:

And do you think Thai understand the fine nuances of the English language? Plus it is correctly used in the decree ( a temporay Law ) from Collins English Dictionary below :

2. MODAL VERB

You use must to indicate that it is necessary for something to happen, usually because of a rule or law.

And as I posted different provinces have different fines/punishments for not wearing  a mask but there is a nationwide order to wear masks in public.
In Asian countries, generally, it’s become a common look, as people move around and go shopping while wearing a face mask. In China, and Thailand for now, it’s compulsory to wear a mask when out in public at all times. But in western countries it’s a lot less common.

Wear a Mask

Regardless of what you may think about the effectiveness of masks, the majority of Thai people are wearing them and expecting others to do so too. From late March it has been compulsory to wear a mask on most forms of public transport, in supermarkets and a number of other venues. Governors of local provinces have the authority to make it compulsory to wear a mask if you are outside.

Above is link to US Embassy web site  dated May 20, 2020. If you scrol down to Key points on Covid19  you will see " Thai regulations now require the wearing of face masks in public. "

Show Me the word Mandatory or Compulsory on any Decree and yes they do understand the difference between  Shall Should Can Must Mandatory do you think they are dumb? and you should know the difference so show me Mandatory as in by Law.

that's my whole point By Law and only Marshal Law can if declared over ride National Laws.

I will not wear a mask until it is Mandatory to do so. and the poor old lottery seller has every rights as has everyone else not to wear a mask until it is Mandatory.

You shall pay the govt money against your will......will you pay it?

you will pay the govt money  against your will ......will you pay it?

you must pay the govt money against your will .....will you pay it?

It is Mandatory to pay the govt money as in Tax ...good luck not paying it even if it is against your will because its Law

Even if it is a Temporary Decree they don't state Mandatory Mask wearing.

Edited by eddiebat
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, eddiebat said:

Show Me the word Mandatory or Compulsory on any Decree and yes they do understand the difference between  Shall Should Can Must Mandatory do you think they are dumb? and you should know the difference so show me Mandatory as in by Law.

that's my whole point By Law and only Marshal Law can if declared over ride National Laws.

I will not wear a mask until it is Mandatory to do so. and the poor old lottery seller has every rights as has everyone else not to wear a mask until it is Mandatory.

You shall pay the govt money against your will......will you pay it?

you will pay the govt money  against your will ......will you pay it?

you must pay the govt money against your will .....will you pay it?

It is Mandatory to pay the govt money as in Tax ...good luck not paying it even if it is against your will because its Law

Even if it is a Temporary Decree they don't state Mandatory Mask wearing.

They don't have to use the word you want them to use "mandantory" If you read the defination I wrote from Collins Eng Dic it said it is proper usage in a sentence to use must as must obey these orders. Hope you visit Pattaya  or try and ride a train in Bangkok andsee qhat happens.

On 5/22/2020 at 5:39 PM, Tony125 said:

Do you happen to know where I can find a list of provinces where mask wearing in public is compulsory?

30 minutes ago, nrasmussen said:

Do you happen to know where I can find a list of provinces where mask wearing in public is compulsory?

There are 76 provinces in Thailand but I only know a few that order mandantory face mask wearing.

More recently, some provincial governors in Thailand have ordered mandatory mask-wearing in public during the outbreak. The governors of Samut Sakhon, Phuket and Chanthaburi ,ChonBuri , Ayutthya– empowered by the Emergency Decree invoked last month by Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha – have ordered people to cover their faces while in public or face a fine of up to Bt20,000.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/1895595/frenchman-caught-without-mask-in-phuket

In Bangkok must wear face mask in Skytrain, Subways and Buses or you will not be allowed on. All the 7-11, Big C , Tesco, Macro ,supermarkets ,restaurants ect near me have ordered people to wear  masks to enter. Also have scaning code to enter or sign in with name address time in/out phone number.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tony125 said:

That's because a fart is a gas (Methane ) not moist droplets that carry the virus. Some masks have carbon filters that will block harmful gases.

Molecular structure of some really stinky fart after eating African bean may be bigger than the size of single cell virus. Check it out.

12 hours ago, nrasmussen said:

excuse me but your the one stating in this forum that it is Mandatory to wear a mask.....you provide the proof or cease and retract your statement. that it is illegal not to wear a mask.

I have not seen the word Mandatory or compulsory in any Decrees. You show me the word mandatory  or compulsory.

On ‎5‎/‎25‎/‎2020 at 12:18 PM, Tony125 said:

2. MODAL VERB

Wear a Mask

Note......the last Sentence

According to the official the man said: "I am not sick and it is my right not to wear a mask". 

He only left the scene when police backup was called.

Thaivisa notes that while it is not illegal to be out without a face mask a condition of entry to places like markets is dependent on wearing a mask.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, eddiebat said:

excuse me but your the one stating in this forum that it is Mandatory to wear a mask.....you provide the proof or cease and retract your statement. that it is illegal not to wear a mask.

I have not seen the word Mandatory or compulsory in any Decrees. You show me the word mandatory  or compulsory.

What are you on about? I never stated any such thing. I was asking a question about which provinces that may have compulsory mask wearing.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, nrasmussen said:

What are you on about? I never stated any such thing. I was asking a question about which provinces that may have compulsory mask wearing.

sorry that was meant for another comment box I don't know how I put it in yours and no I don't have a list of provinces.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

I think if you lose it over a mask, you have other mental issues

Really. Do you remember Nuremburg Trials ...ve ver just following ORDERS

Stage 1........The Jews must ware a yellow star.

Stage 2....The Jews must be quarantined in the Ghettoes.

Stage 3....The Jews must be transported to work camps.

Stage 4....The Jews must be exterminated.

Get the point Mr.

FREEDOM I have the Right not to ware a mask I will exercise that Right and Thai Visa Clarified it is not illegal to be outside without a mask therefore it is legal not to ware a mask.

See the above article in another comment box above.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/27/2020 at 7:51 AM, eddiebat said:

sorry that was meant for another comment box I don't know how I put it in yours and no I don't have a list of provinces.

Latest: June 12th Reuters News Report.

Masks significantly reduce infection risk, likely preventing thousands of COVID-19 cases -study

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/health-news/masks-significantly-reduce-infection-risk-likely-preventing-thousands-of-covid-19-cases-study/ar-BB15pqUv?li=BBnb7Kz

• Haha 1