Thailand reports no new coronavirus cases, no new deaths

webfact

Thailand reports no new coronavirus cases, no new deaths

2020-05-20T065821Z_2_LYNXMPEG4J0AC_RTROPTP_4_HEALTH-CORONAVIRUS-THAILAND.JPG

FILE PHOTO: Passengers embark from a train at a station, after the Thai government eased isolation measures, amid the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak, in Bangkok, Thailand May 18, 2020. REUTERS/Soe Zeya Tun/File photo

BANGKOK (Reuters) - Thailand on Friday reported no new coronavirus infections or deaths, maintaining the total of 3,037 confirmed cases and 56 fatalities since the outbreak started in January.

There are 2,910 patients who have recovered and returned home since the outbreak started, the government's coronavirus task force said in an update.

(Reporting by Panu Wongcha-um; Editing by Martin Petty)

reuters_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Reuters 2020-05-22

• Haha 1

Zero new cases but state quarantine centres in focus

By The Nation

800_6a5119ba5c8bfab.jpg?v=1590125587

There were no new cases of Covid-19 or any deaths over a 24-hour period, Dr Taweesin Visanuyothin, spokesman of the government’s Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration, said on Friday (May 22).

Meanwhile, 13 people have fully recovered and returned home.

However, test results of two persons who had returned from Egypt are awaited.

As of May 22, the total number of confirmed cases in the country was 3,037 -- 71 are under treatment, 2,910 have recovered and been discharged, and there have been 56 deaths.

Globally, cumulative cases have passed 5 million with around 330,000 deaths

In the last two weeks, positive Covid-19 cases have been detected in returnees from overseas. According to data, confirmed cases in last 14 days have been found in state quarantine (15 cases), close contacts (11), proactive testing (6) immigration quarantine area (5) people visiting community areas (5) and infection from occupations such as deliveryman (3).

Dr Taweesin explained the reason why the ThaiChana platform has to record location data for two months. The decision was made based on Public Health Ministry statistics that when an outbreak occurs, such as at the boxing stadium on March 11, it took around two months to find all related and close contacts of the positive cases.

He lauded all citizens who are cooperating by wearing face masks to reduce the risk of the virus spreading. It has been found that more than 90 per cent of Thai people wear masks when in public places, he said.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30388314

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-05-22

43 minutes ago, LeamchabangLarry said:

Oh yeah, what about tests?  how many tests?  they are hiding <deleted>

I will not be satisfied until the entire population is tested.  It's so easy to hide 20,000 dead bodies  

bla bla bla

They'll be along shortly, some have already been. Pavlov's dogs were less predictable.

• Haha 2

Look, whether you believe the numbers or not, zero new cases means further easing of the restrictions becomes more likely, and I should think everyone is in favour of that, plus another extended booze ban becomes less likely, and everyone (apart from the board's strange band of smug teetotalers) will be happy about that. It's win-win, so be happy.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

I take it they've not found anybody through their contact tracing after yesterdays identified community spreads in Bangkok and Issan? Maybe the virus is flying out there by itself without hosts

Bats. It must be the same bats that flew hundreds of km in the night from Yunnan to the Wuhan market. Turbobats, yummy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

All I want is for this shiiteheads to be honest and transparent

All I want is for them to be honest and transparent and agree with me.

Edited by SkyFax
  • Thanks 1

Can we assume that since the tracing app was put into play no people who have tested positive used the app to sign in anywhere? Otherwise, if any of these recent positives used the app, seems like we would get a report of how many people were notified that they had been to the same places as the now-identified positive people. Or, did I miss that?

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

If the Thai government actually believed that virus no longer exists In Thailand they would tell people to ditch the masks, forget the distancing and hand hygiene, open up nightclubs and sports events with no restrictions. 

They don't believe that. 

You shouldn't either. 

Try Living in USA/UK/France /Spain  or Italy. ,, in the UK. Goverment  send old people from hospital  to OAP home and kill more people. ,the world has changed  never be the same. again. ,and the old saying come Back    ,STAY SAFE.  , for those that are not that young. ,first used start AIDS 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, JCP108 said:

Can we assume that since the tracing app was put into play no people who have tested positive used the app to sign in anywhere? Otherwise, if any of these recent positives used the app, seems like we would get a report of how many people were notified that they had been to the same places as the now-identified positive people. Or, did I miss that?

The problem is that many places still are not using the app, went into all my local stores around my neighborhood the past few days and nothing.  7-11 / Mini Tesco-lotus / Family mart/ all of the food places, and of course the open area market at Huai Kwang.  How about the fact that its not used on MRT or BTS when you enter or leave as well.  No way to track you from those places....so nearest I can tell the tracking apps are only at the very large malls, and shopping centers like Big C, Tops, and Tesco-lotus. Not sure of the numbers of folks who go there versus the small locations.....