BANGKOK
webfact

CCSA approves extension of emergency for a month

Millions and Millions of Thai people are only making around 300 Baht per day. Your statement is ridiculous and untrue. The only people making 5000 Baht per day are Thai's with very good jobs and profitable business owners. I doubt even the very best high class [email protected] are making that sort of money, well not now anyway. Thailand has the biggest disparity between Rich and Poor in the world. Travelling around the villages in Isaan is proof of this  Your regular Thai person is very poor and it wont change anytime soon

20 hours ago, mberbae said:

Seems like Life is almost back to normal, except for the massage shops,

bars and kareokes.  The complainers must mostly be patrons of those

establishments.

I don't frequent any of these establishments, but I want to see complete freedom to travel between provinces again, IMO, there is no need not to open them up, I would also like to see most of the hotels opening up again.

20 hours ago, bangrak said:

Why?

1) Because there are millions of Thais swallowing the hook and the line, as they have been beaten to pulp for many generations to accept pure bull as the truth;

2) Because even other millions of Thais who deeply (like in hidden deeply...) oppose the military dictatorship are like overcooked rice needles in the, erm, "energy" (not) to come up against it, ...as they have been beaten to pulp for many generations not to oppose the medieval powers still abusing of them!

P.S: Please read; "rice noodles" (not "rice needles"), thank you. 

13 hours ago, Thunder26 said:

I agree with you. There's no COVID 19 in Thailand at the moment. Of course there were and are some random cases, but to spread them into 67 million population, that's nothing. I live in Thailand and I don't know anyone who has got it even if I could be related to thousands of peope. That's says it all. 

The government should restart the local tourism as soon as possible as it hurts people in that business. Their 5000 Baht cash handouts are a joke. People used to make that in a day before the crisis hit. Many people need to pay their mortgages and leasings for their cars.

"Their 5000 Baht cash handouts are a joke. People used to make that in a day before the crisis hit. Many people need to pay their mortgages and leasings for their cars".

You must mix with a different crowd to most - 5000 baht a day?

• Like 1

Another post commenting on moderation and a reply has been removed.  

On 5/22/2020 at 1:57 PM, zyphodb said:

And how much does it corrupt when they were totally corrupt in the first place?  😞 

Absolute. The superlative of absolutely.

• Like 1

On 5/22/2020 at 1:57 PM, zyphodb said:

And how much does it corrupt when they were totally corrupt in the first place?  😞 

infinity times infinity

• Like 1

On 5/22/2020 at 4:04 PM, Burma Bill said:

Glad I live in Cambodia!

Oh yeah - that free and open beautiful democracy is a shining beacon!  

Remind me how Hun Sen came to power again and how he has clung on to it for 35 years.  Oh, and didn't they declare a state of emergency last month?

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

Oh yeah - that free and open beautiful democracy is a shining beacon!  

Remind me how Hun Sen came to power again and how he has clung on to it for 35 years.  Oh, and didn't they declare a state of emergency last month?

What went on in the past is of no present concern to me. The Cambodian Government (Immigration) has kindly issued me with a retirement visa, with no bureaucratic paperwork or financial requirements, to live in this country and therefore I respect the Cambodian laws and culture. Yes, a Royal Decree dated 29 April 2020 announced a State of Emergency Law (in response to covid-19) but this has not yet been implemented - quote from VOA (Khmer):-

"The new law is based on Article 22 of the Constitution which allows the King to declare a state of emergency after consultations with the prime minister and presidents of the Senate and National Assembly"

No such declaration has been made to date and life within the country continues more or less as normal. Still restrictions on inter provincial travel and borders closed to tourists, ex-pats and other travelers but no bans on alcohol, no curfews, no lock-downs, no shopping apps, no forced social distancing and no mandatory rules about wearing face masks (here in Siem Reap).

Edited by Burma Bill
additional information

Posted (edited)

Most logical countries enter a state called "only minimal social distancing required" when the level of Covid is the same as in Thailand. It is the stage 2. The one above stage 1 where there is zero Covid in the country!

Thailand still has a curfew and alcohol bans in place and a military dictatorship that is scared and doesn't know what to do next........

🤣🤣🤣

I honestly believe that Prayut doesn't understand the situation. At this level of COVID he is supposed to control local outbreaks by test, trace and isolate...   not by blanket national emergency lockdowns that destroy people's livelihoods and the economy....

🤣🤣🤣

Doen't he know that he can NEVER eradicate the virus from Thailand... until there is a cure or a vaccine... is he waiting for that to happen.... he might be waiting years...  by which time the people will have rioted

What a moron!!!

Edited by Ketyo

On 5/22/2020 at 8:55 PM, sambum said:

Didn't know you could get "massive" cues? Maybe that's why I can' t make more than a 30 break (on a good day!)

Yeah, fair enough. Don't drink and type simply explained 🤓