CCSA approves extension of emergency for a month

webfact

Completely unnecessary given the numbers.

Far more people dying from other non related Issues daily.

People need to get back to life.

I hope when we do ever fully open up that the bars close at midnight...

And loud pipes be enforced strictly. It is nice sleeping now at night no doubt ????

Thailands done a great job with this, now lets got over it and feed our families.

Cheers

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

The lock-downs, restrictions on inter-provincial travel, mandatory temp checks at roadsides, malls etc and continuing air line travel bans, suggests like many other countries this nasty killer of a virus is manifest especially if it is alleged pneumonia deaths have alarmingly increased,  

Edited by peter48

3 hours ago, keith101 said:

If the numbers are true at single digit or zero cases why is the emergency still needed unless the numbers arent correct . 

They just want to make sure that there are no hidden cases Inside the country .They got the Incoming ones under Control . Looking good . For me they can get rid off the Curfew and Lockdowns There are no serious Numbers to worry about. Probable more Normal Flu cases running around out there.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, peter48 said:

The lock-downs, restrictions on inter-provincial travel, mandatory temp checks at roadsides, malls etc and continuing air line travel bans, suggests like many other countries this nasty killer of a virus is manifest especially if pneumonia deaths have alarmingly increased,  

Im going to keep commenting my experience I had in Bangkok at the start of all this last February. I'm 62 yo and in decent medical condition its already the end of May and Ive never felt better. I guess id be in that danger category just because of my age you read about. Im ready to come back to Thailand I have a wife their.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

so no glass of wine with dinner yet? 

No clear announcement about travel restrictions?

on a positive note one of my favorite hotels in Bangkok say they are opening on June 1st.  

...Im sure you will disguise the intravenous tube from your bag into a vein.

Edited by tandor

1 hour ago, Anton9 said:

Fearmongerer like to show these deaths numbers but they forget to specify that the vast majority were people who were going to die anyway.

Average age of deaths is 80 years old with multiple comorbidities, a very high percentage of the deaths in the west were in nursing homes.

Try comparing life expectancy in Thailand with many western countries.

100% of the people who have died in this pandemic were going to die anyway. And everyone else, too

Edited by Unify
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

Oh! By the way, the governemnt will immediately invite 10,000,000 Chinese back to Thailand as soon as the restrictions are lifted. Maybe the government should update its info. China has another outbreak on its boarder with Russia and has locked down 100,000,000 Chinese just a weeks ago......WELCOME BACK CHINA! THAILAND LOVES YOU!!!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

so no glass of wine with dinner yet? 

No clear announcement about travel restrictions?

on a positive note one of my favorite hotels in Bangkok say they are opening on June 1st.  

Have a look at the Bangkok traffic, it is back to normal, nearly! People everywhere its great and sensible, ZERO deaths and a single case once a week or so, is no longer an emergency !!!! The curfew is ridiculous !!!

There are only 2 groups of businesses out of the 4 that have been opened and there is a 14 day window between each group to ensure that if there is a spike in cases then it can be quickly controlled. Group 3 is due to open on 1st June and group 4 to open on 15th June. The emergency is not over until all businesses are open and operating as normal and there are no spikes in the numbers of confirmed cases.  Remember the bars, cinemas, karaoke bars, massage shops etc are still not opened and operating and nothing will be clear until the end of June

Edited by Russell17au

3 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

1,000 Thais returned from overseas in the last two days. Some of them will be found to be positive. Not all of them obey the isolation rules.

It is still out there - just in smaller numbers.

Pray tell what this emergency decree is good for concerning those returned Thais who would(!) be positive and not found and for sure not respect any rule... To impose quarantine or other restrictions on returnees(!), no emergency decree is needed.

Do you seriously think the emergency decree can have any, positive, influence on the Corrona virus still being out there, ...and to stay as proclamed by all bona fide medical instances, and if so what that positive influence could be according to you?

Or are you just one of the lemming followers of the military dictator(s)?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, skorp13 said:

Why have proposals and why have votes when the outcome we all know is pre-determined. Why even announce the result when we all know what it will be. This guy will do everything he can to keep his boot on the throats of his people, power hungry doesn't even begin to describe him

Why?

1) Because there are millions of Thais swallowing the hook and the line, as they have been beaten to pulp for many generations to accept pure bull as the truth;

2) Because even other millions of Thais who deeply (like in hidden deeply...) oppose the military dictatorship are like overcooked rice needles in the, erm, "energy" (not) to come up against it, ...as they have been beaten to pulp for many generations not to oppose the medieval powers still abusing of them!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Mikeasq60 said:

Im ready to come back to Thailand I have a wife their.

I don't understand that they don't open up a window to let someone like that come in.

If they find it necessarily to ask for a test, and for 14 days isolation, then do that, but no need for banning them from coming.  

• Like 2

Thailand to extend coronavirus emergency to end of June

2020-05-22T050529Z_1_LYNXMPEG4L0CE_RTROPTP_4_HEALTH-CORONAVIRUS-THAILAND.JPG

FILE PHOTO: A crowd of passengers is seen in a train, after the Thai government eased isolation measures, amid the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak, in Bangkok, Thailand May 18, 2020. REUTERS/Soe Zeya Tun

BANGKOK (Reuters) - Thailand will maintain its state of emergency over the coronavirus until the end of June, its COVID-19 task force said on Friday, in an effort to keep infections under control as the government prepares to ease restrictions further.

Shopping malls and department stores reopened at the weekend after almost two months of closure as the number of cases slowed, but bars, nightclubs, cinemas, playgrounds and some sports remain off-limits.

The government's Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) proposed the extension in response to developments with the global pandemic and to allow time to prepare for further easing at the start of next month.

"The reason for extending the emergency decree for one more month is health security, enabling a unified and continued operation by officials in a pandemic situation that has not been resolved," said CCSA spokesman Taweesin Wisanuyothin.

The extension is subject to Cabinet approval on Tuesday.

The government has extended a ban on international passenger flights, which has been in place since April, until the end of June. Schools remain closed and are scheduled to reopen in July.

Thailand has been recording daily infections in single digits for most of the past month and on Friday reported no new coronavirus infections or deaths.

Its total confirmed cases are 3,037, of which 56 were fatalities, with 2,910 recoveries.

reuters_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Reuters 2020-05-22

• Like 1
  • Sad 2