BANGKOK
webfact

Third phase of lockdown easing likely from June 1

They can open many of those venues behind closed doors like the German's and Koreans. Though obviously Thailand government is about 30 years behind and has not yet entered the modern age.

I know that Prayut is a scared old man with very limited intelligence.

But even he should see that its possible with new technology.

If the people wear masks at the outside bars there would be no problem.

7 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

CM to BKK (suvarn) no quarantine.  Nobody at BKK did not even see security.  Driver directly to Pattaya.

However, I checked yesterday and if I fly BKK to CM, 14 day quarantine.  So, will not be going back until that is lifted.

thanks, that's what happen to my brother, flew from Krabi to BKK no problem, next day returned to Krabi place in quarantine it's all very confusing and hard to schedule travel

23 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

The curfew; Bangkok had a curfew for years, and they are a staple of authoritarian regimes - they prevent people from meeting in their spare time to exchange views and ideas - dangerous things views and ideas. The same argument applies to pubs and clubs - the real reason why they are "dangerous".

What on earth are you taking about? 

I've lived in Bangkok for 25 years. Remind me when these years of curfew were because I must have missed them. Please? 

And bars are closed because they don't want people to meet and share ideas and plot the revolution. Nothing to do with the global pandemic. Right. Gotcha. You really know your stuff., I'm impressed. 

"Honey I miss you so much. How much longer are you going to be stuck in Thailand?"

"Sell the house. Sell the car. Sell the kids. Find someone else. Forget it. I'm never coming back. Forget it."

"Hello?" 

2057729886_SouthendonseaEngland.jpg.dbb81922f6d28769121e22c98ae1b923.jpg

1 hour ago, Percy P said:

I don't think so

Which part?

These comedians in the government should all be fired !!!

37 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

The main concern of this and previous governments, who have come to power through means other than an open election (the normal in Thailand) is to control the movement and association of the people.

So perhaps we can expect that many of the restrictions introduced will become permanent, or at least indefinitely extended, features of life here.

The state of Emergency - manna from heaven, it allows for rule by decree, exempt even from the questionable supervision of the hamstrung parliament. It will allow, in due course, the suspension of elections, local and national.

The curfew; Bangkok had a curfew for years, and they are a staple of authoritarian regimes - they prevent people from meeting in their spare time to exchange views and ideas - dangerous things views and ideas. The same argument applies to pubs and clubs - the real reason why they are "dangerous".

Restrictions on freedom to travel - another staple of authoritarian regimes - not saying you are not free to travel, of course you are, but we decide when, to where and how you can travel...

The rest, beaches etc, are by way of "collateral damage" and will either be relaxed, or more likely ignored until it suits the uniforms to clamp down.

There's that, but a collapsed economy is not good for any regime.

China does its best keep its economy afloat in order to keep the masses in check.

Brute force is not enough, unless the objective of the regime is to imitate North Korea..

As of now, it is not clear where the Thai government wants to bring the country, assuming there is a defined objective...

I know of some restaurants, where the "1 person - 1 table"- rule had to be implemented (apart from the ridiculous plastic shields, dividing tables)!

Yes...that's right: even couples get separated!

But at markets and malls, they squish everybody through 1 entrance or exit!

Social distancing, my backside!

Also: some markets NEVER even closed!

These rules are not even halfheartedly enforced- others are draconian. like with pubs and bars!

This country is an absolute mess!

...and NO...I absolutely DONT believe the numbers of death and infections!

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

"Honey I miss you so much. How much longer are you going to be stuck?"

"Sell the house. Sell the car. Sell the kids. Find someone else. Forget it. I'm never coming back. Forget it."

"Hello?" 

2057729886_SouthendonseaEngland.jpg.dbb81922f6d28769121e22c98ae1b923.jpg

As soon as they stop pole dancing, they put on some serious weight!

Edited by Brunolem

2 hours ago, Percy P said:

I don't think so

I'd put my house on it.

2 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

In every single thread related to Covid you have to pop up and warn of the impending doomsday scenario.  Absolutely none of them have transpired - not one scenario you said was inevitable has happened.  What makes you think opening schools will turn children in super spreaders?  Why will this be the one that comes true and brings us all great peril?  

Have you heard of the boy who cried wolf?

Use the ignore list. I did. Screamingly smug and ill informed people go straight on it.

• Like 1