BANGKOK
webfact

Third phase of lockdown easing likely from June 1

"Businesses that remain closed are  massage parlours."

But no problem if you have a visiting masseur, ahhh was so relaxing for 2.5 hours this arvo....

12 hours ago, maingmoom said:

Maybe because people are not being responsible. This picture was taken this week in England

Southend on sea England.jpg

Lack of money already evident - the lady in the foreground has obviously outgrown her clothes, and can't afford to buy any more! 🙂  And seriously, if that picture was taken in England this week, I would like to see a date stamp on it! Social distancing?

• Like 1

Drinking alcohol in restaurants is probably still out of the question. 😟😩😖

• Like 1

22 hours ago, jmurch said:

Why are beaches closed?

Not 100% sure but as the virus floats about in the air so the risk must equate to being a "gathering" of people that tend not to be particularly mobile whilst grouped together on the sand most probably without masks & gel to hand. 

8 hours ago, sambum said:

Lack of money already evident - the lady in the foreground has obviously outgrown her clothes, and can't afford to buy any more! 🙂  And seriously, if that picture was taken in England this week, I would like to see a date stamp on it! Social distancing?

Finally proof the camera can lie - except for the ticket in the red bra & black - not so - hot pants.

The image is foreshortened or condensed to look like severe over crowding. Typical fake imagery of UK press editors.

(Foreshorten definition is - to shorten by proportionately contracting in the direction of depth)

any mention of alcohol being served in restaurants?

there is no reason to go to them until this is allowed again, and it's causing problems between me and my partner too, as she wants to start eating out again

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On May 22, 2020 at 4:01 AM, Haveasay said:

Hotels???

Just out of curiosity, who's going to stay there? The borders are closed, international flights banned. I really don't follow your question????

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Ron jeremy said:

Just out of curiosity, who's going to stay there? The borders are closed, international flights banned. I really don't follow your question????

Domestic tourists!

They do exist and they stay in hotels.

For example, during week ends, people from Bangkok rush to Pattaya, Hua Hin and other beaches and stay at hotels.

Many also visit the provinces upcountry.

And since Thais are not allowed to holiday abroad now, there is more potential for domestic tourism than ever...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cyril sneer said:

any mention of alcohol being served in restaurants?

there is no reason to go to them until this is allowed again, and it's causing problems between me and my partner too, as she wants to start eating out again

Get a book on nutrition and digestion.  Drinking alcohol with a meal is not advised.  Drink at least a half hour before or an hour after a meal.  Simple, either do out to dinner with a buzz or get your buzz later and have some fun with your partner✌️🥂

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

At the moment we've been told schools won't be opening until at least July. My stepson doing schooling online. Seems like a smart idea to me.

1 hour ago, Skallywag said:

Get a book on nutrition and digestion.  Drinking alcohol with a meal is not advised.  Drink at least a half hour before or an hour after a meal.  Simple, either do out to dinner with a buzz or get your buzz later and have some fun with your partner✌️🥂

Drinking alcohol with a meal is fine and has been practised for centuries.......and we are still here!

For Maximum Health Benefits, Have Your Wine with a Meal……

https://www.winespectator.com/articles/for-maximum-health-benefits-have-your-wine-with-a-meal

• Like 1