Third phase of lockdown easing likely from June 1

webfact

12 hours ago, maingmoom said:

Maybe because people are not being responsible. This picture was taken this week in England

Southend on sea England.jpg

Lack of money already evident - the lady in the foreground has obviously outgrown her clothes, and can't afford to buy any more! ????  And seriously, if that picture was taken in England this week, I would like to see a date stamp on it! Social distancing?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, jmurch said:

Why are beaches closed?

Not 100% sure but as the virus floats about in the air so the risk must equate to being a "gathering" of people that tend not to be particularly mobile whilst grouped together on the sand most probably without masks & gel to hand. 

8 hours ago, sambum said:

Lack of money already evident - the lady in the foreground has obviously outgrown her clothes, and can't afford to buy any more! ????  And seriously, if that picture was taken in England this week, I would like to see a date stamp on it! Social distancing?

Finally proof the camera can lie - except for the ticket in the red bra & black - not so - hot pants.

The image is foreshortened or condensed to look like severe over crowding. Typical fake imagery of UK press editors.

(Foreshorten definition is - to shorten by proportionately contracting in the direction of depth)

any mention of alcohol being served in restaurants?

there is no reason to go to them until this is allowed again, and it's causing problems between me and my partner too, as she wants to start eating out again

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

44 minutes ago, Ron jeremy said:

Just out of curiosity, who's going to stay there? The borders are closed, international flights banned. I really don't follow your question????

Domestic tourists!

They do exist and they stay in hotels.

For example, during week ends, people from Bangkok rush to Pattaya, Hua Hin and other beaches and stay at hotels.

Many also visit the provinces upcountry.

And since Thais are not allowed to holiday abroad now, there is more potential for domestic tourism than ever...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cyril sneer said:

any mention of alcohol being served in restaurants?

there is no reason to go to them until this is allowed again, and it's causing problems between me and my partner too, as she wants to start eating out again

Get a book on nutrition and digestion.  Drinking alcohol with a meal is not advised.  Drink at least a half hour before or an hour after a meal.  Simple, either do out to dinner with a buzz or get your buzz later and have some fun with your partner✌️????

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Skallywag said:

Get a book on nutrition and digestion.  Drinking alcohol with a meal is not advised.  Drink at least a half hour before or an hour after a meal.  Simple, either do out to dinner with a buzz or get your buzz later and have some fun with your partner✌️????

Drinking alcohol with a meal is fine and has been practised for centuries.......and we are still here!

For Maximum Health Benefits, Have Your Wine with a Meal……

https://www.winespectator.com/articles/for-maximum-health-benefits-have-your-wine-with-a-meal

• Like 1

On 5/22/2020 at 3:28 PM, DrTuner said:

Schools are the biggest problem. Social distancing will not be possible and clusters are going to form. Without an effective test & trace network opening them up will create an army of asymptomatic children carriers bringing the virus home from the classes.

What virus? Thailand dont have any or maybe 3????????

• Haha 1

On 5/23/2020 at 8:58 AM, Oldie said:

I am afraid that people started already their own phases. Yesterday at around 8 in the evening at the Tree Town area in Soi Buakhao here in Pattaya - very many hookers standing around without masks (many ladymen), many other people without masks, people with beer bottles sitting around and walking around with their bottles in the hand, people sitting close together in restaurants, etc. At the beginning of the crises I had a bad feeling running around without a mask. Yesterday there I felt the first time stupid to walk around with a mask. 

Best stay home. Be safe

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Terek said:

do you know average age of people who died in Sweden ? It's 86 years ! Generally it's all what is needed to know about this "dangerous" virus ...... 

That was not the point. The point is, even with Sweden's "controlled spread", they are still under 10%, it'll take a year or more to achieve the level needed for herd immunity to get to the point where R0 goes under 1. This is probably because people are naturally more careful.

By that time there should be some treatments already, Dr. Granville from Centivax had the first positive results for the antibody therapy and is moving towards mass production, still aiming September. Sweden's strategy differs only by body count and some "freedoms".

Edited by DrTuner
  • Haha 1

Yes, hotels? Two posters have asked. Anyone? Ive seen signs at the low end short time/overnight "resorts" round here saying closed until 1 June.  And proper resorts and hotels? I don't know. Haven't been near any of any kind since February. On line those I've looked at say closed until 1 June also. The wife and I would like a couple of nights from home ( and her family!) in a nice place!!!

12 hours ago, Brunolem said:

Domestic tourists!

They do exist and they stay in hotels.

For example, during week ends, people from Bangkok rush to Pattaya, Hua Hin and other beaches and stay at hotels.

Many also visit the provinces upcountry.

And since Thais are not allowed to holiday abroad now, there is more potential for domestic tourism than ever...

Other than the rich Thais, I think they are more worried about finding a job and food then going on vacation at the moment? Not sure if the ones that can afford it is enough to make it profitable to open. And as previously stated, some are open.

Edited by Ron jeremy

1 hour ago, Ron jeremy said:

Other than the rich Thais, I think they are more worried about finding a job and food then going on vacation at the moment? Not sure if the ones that can afford it is enough to make it profitable to open. And as previously stated, some are open.

In a population of 60 to 70 million people, even if only 1 or 2 million are well off, that's enough to keep quite a few hotels busy.

But you are right, there will not be enough guests to make hotels profitable, no more than there are enough customers to make shops in newly reopened malls profitable.

The problem is that they have to accept these early losses if they ever want to go back in business, because getting back to profitability will be a long process.

The more they postpone reopening, the more they push further a return to profitability.

On 5/23/2020 at 8:43 AM, garzhe said:

They say parks are open but the National Parks are still closed ?

On a different matter. Regarding Tourism. Now is the time the Thai Baht needs to de value in order to get foreigners to think about coming and help with their exports. Its Rediculous how it stays so high. 

Thailand is cutting its own throat keeping it high. 

On 5/23/2020 at 8:58 AM, Oldie said:

I am afraid that people started already their own phases. Yesterday at around 8 in the evening at the Tree Town area in Soi Buakhao here in Pattaya - very many hookers standing around without masks (many ladymen), many other people without masks, people with beer bottles sitting around and walking around with their bottles in the hand, people sitting close together in restaurants, etc. At the beginning of the crises I had a bad feeling running around without a mask. Yesterday there I felt the first time stupid to walk around with a mask. 

Pattaya Plod on the job except when it goes dark.

On 5/24/2020 at 6:26 PM, Kalasin Jo said:

Yes, hotels? Two posters have asked. Anyone? Ive seen signs at the low end short time/overnight "resorts" round here saying closed until 1 June.  And proper resorts and hotels? I don't know. Haven't been near any of any kind since February. On line those I've looked at say closed until 1 June also. The wife and I would like a couple of nights from home ( and her family!) in a nice place!!!

I just spent a week at the Hotel Kantary Bay Rayong. Beach in front of the hotel is public beach so you can find usual beach chairs and restaurants. Hotel pool is open but gym is close.

image.png.b801a6f2ab07b20efb8ae6cab749e973.png

Edited by sanmyintmaung