Early entry for those applying for Non immigrant visas visiting wives/husbands & family?

Wondered if there are any plans to allow those who will be applying or currently have Non o visas based on marriage/ visiting family, to be allowed entry before those on tourist visas. I’m sure there are many people who have left family members behind and are anxious to see loved ones.

• Confused 2
  • Haha 2

There has not been anything announced about it.

The only thing I can suggest is to contact the Thai embassy where you are at now about the possibility of returning on a repatriation flight. You would have to go into a 14 day quarantine when you arrive though.

It is all speculation. My own view is that close relatives of Thai nationals, along with permanent residents and essential workers are likely to receive priority when limited entry of foreigners is allowed again. That might, perhaps, be in August. No one can say what the conditions for entry might be at that time.

Right now, if your Thai family member is a personal friend of the Prime Minister, you would have a chance of a special exception being made to permit your return. A mere Ambassador would have no power to authorise your return.

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, BritTim said:

Right now, if your Thai family member is a personal friend of the Prime Minister, you would have a chance of a special exception being made to permit your return. A mere Ambassador would have no power to authorise your return.

The appear to have changed the rules for repatriation a little. There was a article in the new about repatriation flights in the news that mentioned it.

They are allowing people under certain circumstances to travel on repatriation flights.

• Like 1

On 5/22/2020 at 9:52 AM, ubonjoe said:

The only thing I can suggest is to contact the Thai embassy where you are at now

That would surely mean contact at ambassadorial level? Good luck to anyone who tries to contact the Thai Ambassador to the UK - the chances of a reply are zero.  If you can get your local MP genuinely interested, they might stand a better chance of at least initiating some form of contact.

5 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

That would surely mean contact at ambassadorial level? Good luck to anyone who tries to contact the Thai Ambassador to the UK - the chances of a reply are zero.  If you can get your local MP genuinely interested, they might stand a better chance of at least initiating some form of contact.

They have people handling repatriations for Thais and few others at embassies. No need to try to contact the ambassador.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

They have people handling repatriations for Thais and few others at embassies. No need to try to contact the ambassador.

I wasn't aware of that but I've had occasion to talk with staff at the Thai embassy in London several times and on one occasion I wrote to the Ambassador - always over genuine concerns.

Talking to staff, on each occasion I formed the impression that they don't give a damn about 'foreigner's' problems, no matter how genuine they might be.

The Ambassador didn't even have the decency to reply.

Perhaps a Thai seeking re-patriation might receive more help but based purely on my experience, I doubt a foreigner will get any help at all. If someone does, it would be nice to hear of their experiences.

Edited by KhaoYai