...and Another School Massacre In The Usa

Maizefarmer

....Who cares?

What's wrong with Americans?

When someone's immediate take on a tragedy like this is to use it to advance his own personal generalizations about a nation of nearly three hundred million people, you can only shake your head at what the world must look like from such a pea-brained perspective.

When someone's immediate take on a tragedy like this is to use it to advance his own personal generalizations about a nation of nearly three hundred million people, you can only shake your head at what the world must look like from such a pea-brained perspective.

agreed. perhaps neeranam should explain exactly what he means.

the dinosaur as well , are american lives of less or more value than iraqis ?

killings are not unusual in countries undergoing what amounts to a civil war and a hated occupation.

but they are unusual in schools and colleges.

Same of course. But don't expect Americans to take that view. 30 killings in Iraq wouldn't make the back page of USA Today.

<Most readers would have realised I was being sardonic, however. Phew, Tax Exile really does belong in the cast of 'Last of the Summer Wine'>

What I mean is that I'm totally uninterested in this thread.

Something happens in America and Americans think that the whole world cares. 9/11 etc. There were thousands ofIndians killed in a earthquake at the same time and all the Americans I spoke to didn't know or couldn't care.

Self-importance!

<Most readers would have realised I was being sardonic, however. Phew, Tax Exile really does belong in the cast of 'Last of the Summer Wine'>

Funny you mention that programme - I have this image of him as that little guy with the wooly hat.

killings are not unusual in countries undergoing what amounts to a civil war and a hated occupation.

but they are unusual in schools and colleges.

It gets as tiring reading the American bashing on this board as it is reading the Thai bashing. If it weren't for some of the really reasoned posters in TV, this would be an exercise in worthless mental masturbation. As it is, I can only hope that this tragic incident will once again reopen the debate in the USA about the easy availability of powerful handguns and assault weapons.

It gets as tiring reading the American bashing on this board as it is reading the Thai bashing. If it weren't for some of the really reasoned posters in TV, this would be an exercise in worthless mental masturbation. As it is, I can only hope that this tragic incident will once again reopen the debate in the USA about the easy availability of powerful handguns and assault weapons.

Dangnabbit, you int taking our guns away. Its in the Constitution.