BANGKOK
snoop1130

Pattaya-Map Ta Phut tollway opens for free trial period

8 hours ago, Grusa said:

But what about the branch to Ocean Marina? No sign of that opening, as of yesterday evening.

I think that opens in September.

My partner and I drove the length of it today on an outing to Ban Pae.  (Very dirty beach where we stopped to take some photos that made me appreciate how very clean and nice Pattaya Beach has been kept these past few years.)  The toll road itself is nice with a number of raised stretches over low areas.  Still some work being done on barriers.  We were surprised at the few opportunities to get on the road along its length.  The merges at the main motorway could have been done better.  

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Grusa said:

But what about the branch to Ocean Marina? No sign of that opening, as of yesterday evening.

yeah i noticed this yesterday pm.....IT IS ALL blocked off !! so where can one enter this new supa dupa motorway ???

On 5/23/2020 at 8:18 AM, Geoffggi said:

Why is there a lower and higher price? Very few Farangs drive six wheelers or larger..........LOL

there has to be some kinda differential......!!!

On 5/23/2020 at 10:04 AM, Grusa said:

On 5/22/2020 at 5:33 PM, snoop1130 said:

The 25-kilometre extension to intercity Highway Number 7 (Bangkok-Ban Chang) opened for trial service today, ... The route will be fully open in September 2020, ...

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, sometime said:

The junction at the Ocean Marina  is an accident waiting to happen most countries would have built a flyover.

It's a t-junction with traffic lights and filter lanes.

I reckon the u-turn about 4 km in from the marina will be far more exciting.

22 hours ago, Pilotman said:

it wasn't open yesterday, 23rd. 

The main entry points are Pattaya and Ban Chang and they were open on Saturday as I drove the full length north and south. The other two entry exits will not open til September

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, longball53098 said:

The main entry points are Pattaya and Ban Chang and they were open on Saturday as I drove the full length north and south. The other two entry exits will not open til September

Nice smooth ride ? No nasty unexpected bumps in the road, or those annoying "jumps" you encounter at some bridges where you almost go airborne (on both sides of it) ?

Probably a little more "scenic" as well. Looks like mostly farmland in the middle stretches of the road (from the Google Maps perspective at least).

My opinion on the ride quality,,,,,,,,very smooth even in my olde pickup. The joints at the raised overpasses was smooth too but remember this is all new. A local friend that also drove on it said the same thing very smooth as compared to say when the re-modeled the Hwy 36 road between the motorway 7 and 331 last year, that stretch was a very bumpy ride at every section joint

3 minutes ago, Kerryd said:

Nice smooth ride ? No nasty unexpected bumps in the road, or those annoying "jumps" you encounter at some bridges where you almost go airborne (on both sides of it) ?

Probably a little more "scenic" as well. Looks like mostly farmland in the middle stretches of the road (from the Google Maps perspective at least).

I can remember passing a section of it in the early days of construction when out for a drive. Saw a couple of elephants dragging logs out of the forest. Very scenic part of Chonburi. Although I approve of the construction and will use it, it has created a massive scar through some unspoiled and beautiful countryside.

1 hour ago, longball53098 said:

That explains it.  I will be trying it out tomorrow.  It sure looks impressive and will cut my journey time to Central Big C considerably. Thanks to the planners for once  

On 5/24/2020 at 9:15 AM, essox essox said:

yeah i noticed this yesterday pm.....IT IS ALL blocked off !! so where can one enter this new supa dupa motorway ???

You can only enter at highway 7, North Pattaya or at Ban Chang, Sukhumvit. Entrance/ exits at Ocean Marina and 331 road are closed and there was a sign at the 331 exit this morning saying it will open in September.

The exit at Ban/Chang Maptaphut isn't really completed either so a bit of work ahead them yet.