Pattaya-Map Ta Phut tollway opens for free trial period

snoop1130

13 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Even when fully open it will be obvious the main intention is Bangkok to Maptaphut or Utapao.

Using it for a fast way Ban Chang to Patts is ok if you're heading for the west side of patts.

If you are thinking BC to Jomtien when it's finished in September the 332 to Suk' road or 331 Budda Mtn road will probably be same timing and 30/40 baht cheaper.

And not as busy as before due to more traffic staying on the toll road instead of coming off it at Pattaya and then taking the 36/331 down to Rayong.

Still wondering about their estimate of "36,000" vehicles per day using the extension though.

5 minutes ago, Kerryd said:

And not as busy as before due to more traffic staying on the toll road instead of coming off it at Pattaya and then taking the 36/331 down to Rayong.

Still wondering about their estimate of "36,000" vehicles per day using the extension though.

A lot of traffic morning/evening from Sattahip and west of BC goes through BC to Map' and back plus heavy on the 36 from north to Map' doing the same so very likely if they start using it, the 7 that is.

• 3 weeks later...

Anybody know if I would get charged if I got on the motorway from Klang at at the fly over and wanted to get off to use Hwy 36 back towards Banglamung...or is it even possible.? I have to go from Immigration to the Driving Licence place, and Sukhumvit has a lot of roadworks to the north.

10 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Anybody know if I would get charged if I got on the motorway from Klang at at the fly over and wanted to get off to use Hwy 36 back towards Banglamung...or is it even possible.? I have to go from Immigration to the Driving Licence place, and Sukhumvit has a lot of roadworks to the north.

you will go through a toll.

The railway road is clear all the way to the 36.

1 hour ago, Thailand J said:

The new route has appeared on Google map, looks like the East-West link is also opened.

Nice ! I didn't think they'd get it done that quickly. Maybe they did get a "google car" on there as soon as it opened.

I see they have the off/on ramps (that aren't opened yet) on there as well, including the weird one that connects to the 331 - but is well past it (by about 2 kms) for some reason. 

52 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

You can get off the motorway before the toll booths (just before the highway 3240 overpass), but to get from there to the DLT is a pain in the keister as you have to navigate a number of small sois. I just did that trip a couple weeks ago on the bike. PITA.
https://www.google.co.th/maps/dir/12.9687273,100.9718639/12.949264,100.933674/@12.962979,100.9556605,14.96z/data=!4m9!4m8!1m5!3m4!1m2!1d100.9514716!2d12.9624209!3s0x3102bfc747402da3:0x43e866e5ec9fa9bc!1m0!3e0?hl=en

The route I normally use is also a PITA. I take the railway bypass down to Naklua, u-turn and then take some small sois over to the "back" way into the DLT. The first couple times it was annoying but once you get used to it, it's not too bad. 
https://www.google.co.th/maps/dir/12.981989,100.9298752/Wow+Coffee+Nong+Pla+Lai,+Bang+Lamung+District,+Chon+Buri+20150/@12.9714746,100.9524502,15.17z/data=!4m14!4m13!1m5!3m4!1m2!1d100.9388586!2d12.965371!3s0x3102bfca79143779:0x7af57aa070b8119f!1m5!1m1!1s0x3102bf8dcea0eead:0x96423224af68244c!2m2!1d100.9718623!2d12.9687785!3e0?hl=en

I was looking at getting on to the 36 sooner by going further down the bypass and then cutting over, but I'm not sure where the u-turns are anymore (or if they are still there).

You could always take Siam Country club out and then cut over to the 3240 and take it to the 36 (or just stay on Country Club and go around the bottom end of the reservoir and then get onto the 3240). 
A little further to go but not as complicated maybe.

Just like they should consider opening another Immigration Office in the North Pattaya/Naklua area, they should maybe consider opening another DLT, perhaps in the South Pattaya/Jomtien area.

Would reduce the lines at the current location and be a **** of a lot easier to get to ! (Maybe.)

5 hours ago, Kerryd said:

You can get off the motorway before the toll booths (just before the highway 3240 overpass), but to get from there to the DLT is a pain in the keister as you have to navigate a number of small sois. I just did that trip a couple weeks ago on the bike. PITA.

Much as I appreciate the feedback, but I tried that once and would rather not take that tour again!????

I was looking at getting on to the 36 sooner by going further down the bypass and then cutting over, but I'm not sure where the u-turns are anymore (or if they are still there).

Probably just as well to go down the railway line bypass to the end, left and U-Turn at the Suk/Hwy36 junction, then go and take the U-Turn just after the motorway exit at The Regents School, 

Edited by jacko45k

Nice ! I didn't think they'd get it done that quickly. Maybe they did get a "google car" on there as soon as it opened.

No need, every construction guy carrying a phone with GPS on has mapped every inch of it long before it was opened. Adding streetview with the G-car takes a day or two, is that already in as well?

6 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

No need, every construction guy carrying a phone with GPS on has mapped every inch of it long before it was opened. Adding streetview with the G-car takes a day or two, is that already in as well?

Just checked and they don't have streetview imaging yet.

11 hours ago, jacko45k said:

It is possible, with a 10B toll.

• Thanks 1

Yeah, Google can be a bit frustrating at times.

I was just trying to follow the route Thailand J diagrammed and found that for some reason, the Google Images  of the area around the toll booth by the Highway 36 interchange are 3+ years old. 
What is odd is that the images just before and just after that stretch are up to date, but somehow they missed a couple hundred meters in between.

(I've reported it to Google. Previous errors I've noted, mainly in the placement of locations on the map, have been corrected within 4-5 weeks so it could be awhile before this is updated.)

As well, the frontage road Thailand J mentioned can be seen if you are using Street View and on the #7 - before that off ramp toll booth.
However it hasn't been added to the map yet either.
It is visible on the satellite view though.