Students demand funds be shifted from defence to public subsidies

snoop1130

2 hours ago, YetAnother said:

the law they were violating is the :'we , the military make the law and interpret it any way they like ; national security' ; pathetic

The law is always seemingly twisted and construed / manipulated to who makes the scarier threat from their side. Now there is only one side.  Edited to leave it at this thought. 

Edited by holy cow cm
  • Like 1

They are right if course with their thinking, but unfortunately being right with the current pretenders of being politicians with the countries interests at heart doesn't rate one little bit.

Toys, we must have toys.......

1 hour ago, tingtong said:

Only 10 min?

The new online teaching most be very strict with break times between classes.

Maybe they thought 10 minutes was maximum before getting charged with having a gathering?

17 hours ago, rkidlad said:

I hope the police and army were armed to the teeth and had helicopters and tanks. God only knows what kind of laws could have been broken without their presence. 

What the junta doesn't like to see is the students getting some traction in their efforts, the last time the students  did the military didn't fare to well. Right from the beginning Prayut hammered the students and the Universities, Prayut understands what side his bread is buttered..

• Sad 1

On 5/22/2020 at 12:23 PM, snoop1130 said:

Police officers and troops were sent out to monitor the students to ensure they were not violating the law.

I think it somewhat a bit overkill to send police AND the army out to monitor just 10 people, but then again I suppose start as you mean to carry on

• Like 1

The massive political indifference & apathy of the Thai public means that Thais, like most other nations, get the government they deserve. Democracy survives only where there are enough people willing to fight for it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Canuck1966 said:

The massive political indifference & apathy of the Thai public means that Thais, like most other nations, get the government they deserve. Democracy survives only where there are enough people willing to fight for it.

Yes but the last time they came out to protest against them many died so I think they give up.