Soi Dog Foundation responds to reports of dog poisonings in Cherng Talay

snoop1130

Soi Dog Foundation responds to reports of dog poisonings in Cherng Talay

By Soi Dog Foundation

1590137876_1-org.jpg

Given the close proximity of both reports, it is believed that there is one perpetrator responsible. Photo: Soi Dog Foundation

PHUKET:-- Soi Dog Foundation is working closely with Cherng Talay Police following two recent reports of deliberate dog poisonings in the area.

The first report came in April after a missing dog was found dead at a rubber plantation with her leg tied to a tree and food laced with rodenticide at her side. The owner, a local resident, reported that this was not the first time his dog had been poisoned. However, in the first instance, he was able to seek veterinary attention in time. It is believed that the dog was tied to the tree in the second instance to hinder her escape.

The second report came in early May from a foreign woman whose dog began salivating excessively after eating from a bag of chicken placed at the side of the road. The dog was rushed to a veterinary clinic where it was confirmed that the chicken was laced with pesticides. Fortunately, the dog was treated in time and survived.

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/soi-dog-foundation-responds-to-reports-of-dog-poisonings-in-cherng-talay-76147.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2020-05-22

• Sad 1

29 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Hmmm

phuket.

Not Phuket , but Ko Kho Khao , not far from Ranong actually ...

.... " Farang country kill the dog a lot " ...

Actually , in Europe , where I came from , nobody ( or not many ) , kill dogs with poison

Edited by nobodysfriend
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Yinn said:

I mean Thai Muslim. 

phuket have many. The south have many. They famous for poison the dog. Have a look the Muslim village. 

Not racist. True. Farang country kill the dog a lot. Thai Muslim kill the dog a lot.

Thai Buddhist not like kill the dog. For what?

Please explain why thats not racist? It is the epitome of racism. A Thai is a Thai no matter what religion. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Logosone said:

Exactly. This problem could be so easily solved, in Europe dogcatchers are paid to catch lose dogs. That way the public is safe.

Dogs are known to suffer from rabies. They have also been infected with Covid19 and can most likely spread it. If the Thai government were serious about the welfare of its people lose dogs would be caught.

More German people have covid than Thai dog. 

Should we catch and German people?

11 minutes ago, Logosone said:

Easily done, creates jobs for Thais. But as usual, do nothing is easier. Always do nothing. It's the Thai way.

Live and let live.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Think if you ask the dog want to die or go free, the dog will not say kill me.

i never have problem with soi dog. 27 years. No problem.

This is the Thai view at least of many people here. Let the dogs do what they want. I once got bitten by one in the middle of Pattaya. I got threatened by dogs here many times. I hear already the dog lovers - for sure it was you fault and whatever to justify the freedom of dogs. These people are not better than the dogs. They don't care about the health of other people. I can't imagine that this can be justified with any idea of Buddhism. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jvs said:

A bit racist this early?While we are here,don't you think there are Thai Muslims?

It should be remembered that Muslims are simply following the example of their Prophet, who repeatedly ordered the killing of dogs.  For example:

Allah's Apostle ordered that the dogs should be killed. (Bukhari 4:540)

Allah's messenger ordered the killing of dogs. (Muslim 3814)

(He made an exception for hunting dogs and for dogs guarding flocks and crops.)

So, this is not racist, but Islamophobic:  Muslims should not be criticised for following their religion.

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If the Soi Dog foundation wants to do the right thing, euthanise humanely every dog running loose so it won't be killed inhumanely.

Soi dogs are not a good thing.

There are not many organisations that are willing to actually tackle a problem only to end up without work for themselves. They have no incentive to solve the soi dog problem cause that would mean the end of their organisation.

• Like 2

You can walk through a pack soi dogs

unharmed if you understand how a dogs

mind works.

Its crazy humans running around loose

that your worst danger. ie politicians,

crims, and lawyers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, talahtnut said:

You can walk through a pack soi dogs

unharmed if you understand how a dogs

mind works.

Its crazy humans running around loose

that your worst danger. ie politicians,

crims, and lawyers.

Normal soi dogs,maybe.You have to realize there are also crazy dogs and they do some damage.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I don't. I owned dogs before. I do think that if the owner is letting the dog run free it's their fault if someone takes action against them.

If the Soi Dog foundation wants to do the right thing, euthanise humanely every dog running loose so it won't be killed inhumanely.

One of the last charities I'd ever donate to.  Love dogs and all other animals, but aggressive and/or unrestrained dogs have no place among people.  Must be hundreds of dog attacks every day throughout the country. Not just on people but even more common for family pets of responsible owners.

1 hour ago, Yinn said:

If a dog attack human, somebody in the village will

a) kill it

b) move it. 

99% dog is nice and friendly. Lovely.

1% crazy. Less than human. (About 5%) Dogs not use alcohol and Yaba.

More humans kill and attack humans than dog kill/attack human. Sure. Every country.

Kill all the humans? Stupid.

Anyway, I busy now. IMO is terrible to kill a dog. Some not agree. 

Remember if you kill my dog....

have a happy day.

Conflating issues.  Might as well make a case to ban all vehicles as they kill a lot of people (far more than by murder).

seriosuly doubt that only 1% are aggressive, but even if that were true, it still means tens of thousands of uncontrolled aggressive dogs roaming the streets.  That is a serious problem any way you look at it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Totally agree. But, if a soi dog savages my 3 year old, I can guarantee it wont be a humane death, but it will be as quick as I can make it

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Totally agree. But, if a soi dog savages my 3 year old, I can guarantee it wont be a humane death, but it will be as quick as I can make it

You would be guilty of negligence allowing

a 3 year old near dogs.

• Like 2