Soi Dog Foundation responds to reports of dog poisonings in Cherng Talay

snoop1130

3 hours ago, Logosone said:

It is the fault of Thais for sure, because Thais let the dogs run wild and of course people living in the area get extremely annoyed with lose dogs attacking their wives and children, and them, while cycling or walking.

If Thais kept their dogs in a responsible way in an enclosed area the dogs would not have been poisoned.

However, they just let dogs run around wild, unsupervised. So the dogs become a huge nuisance to many people. It is unsurprising some people, Thai or Farang, snap and had enough.

The fault lies with irresponsible Thai dog owners.

So right. So much for a nation of dog lovers. I couldn’t agree more.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

Where can claim my 40K back ??

Responsible people have medical insurance.

I presume the injections were for rabies.  Responsible people get themselves vaccinated before exposure.  If vaccinated before only a single dose of vaccinate is required upon exposure.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

22 minutes ago, beechbum said:

Where does it say he doesn't have medical insurance?

When he says "Where can claim my 40K back ??"  If he had medical insurance he wouldn't be asking that question.  Just in case you didn't know, medical insurance pays for medical procedures.  People who don't have it whinge about having to pay for themselves.

• Confused 1

Soi dogs is a big problem in Thailand, but how should the government deal with them and lower the numbers?

Rat poisoning is a horrible death for a dog, nobody deserves to end their lives in 60 mins of cramps while inner organs are shutting down. 

One of our dogs died July 2019 in Phala, Ban Chang. Unfortunately she had 9 puppies 4 weeks old who also died 1-2 days later, poisoned by the milk.

Mother dog died in my arms after nearly 1 hour of cramps, throwing up, biting her tongue to pieces etc. It is a very horrible way to say goodbye to someone you love.

Vet clinic told us many dogs had died during this period, so they expected somebody had placed poisoned food to kill the soi dogs.

We have a nice big walled garden and keep the dogs inside at all times, but we also bring them to the beach and the poisoned food must have been at the beach, as the mother never left the puppies except for that 1 trip to the beach with me.

SDF should be allowed to put down aggressive, old or handicapped soi dogs / or regulate the numbers, but they should be offered a fee per dog and ensure the dogs sleeps its way into the next life.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Oxx said:

I presume the injections were for rabies.  Responsible people get themselves vaccinated before exposure.  If vaccinated before only a single dose of vaccinate is required upon exposure.

Well I do have medical insurance, but to my surprise only cover first 15k of each emergency incident. I thought it was 50k on a 2 million baht cover policy.

If vaccinated ?? How many get pre vaccinated for rabies ???  Get real please.

Yes, now I paid for some fancy serum (that was much of the expense) then If I get bitten again I still need the multiple rabies shots. 

Edited by LivinginKata
edit - so where I find the dog owner to pay the 25k I paid out my pocket. ??

36 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

Well I do have medical insurance, but to my surprise only cover first 15k of each emergency incident. 

Responsible people read the terms and conditions of their medical insurance, and don't buy such a cheapskate policy.

36 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

If vaccinated ?? How many get pre vaccinated for rabies ???

All responsible people here.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Oxx said:

Responsible people read the terms and conditions of their medical insurance, and don't buy such a cheapskate policy.

All responsible people here.

So 2 million baht policy .... cheap skate ?

May I ask if you have been vaccinated for rabies ??? As far as I know there no such universal vaccination. 

Or are you just trolling.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

So 2 million baht policy .... cheap skate ?

May I ask if you have been vaccinated for rabies ??? As far as I know there no such universal vaccination. 

Or are you just trolling.

Yes, yes and no.

2 million baht really doesn't cover very much - particularly if it only covered the first 15K baht of each emergency incident.  15K really is almost nothing.

And I have been vaccinated against rabies.  I first got the vaccination before I moved here to live.  Getting vaccinated is the responsible thing to do.

Edited by Oxx
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, jvs said:

That is a lot humaner then letting them loose on the streets to die and become a danger

to people.

You say Thai Buddhists do not like to kill dogs.I say i see dogs being killed by Thai people often.

You are also saying if someone would poison your dog revenge must be paid.

I would think you are not a very good Thai Buddhist then?

Thais are not Buddhist. They just say they are, but break every rule in the book if it suits them. Which is pretty much all the time.

Edited by Bangkok Barry
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Oxx said:

When he says "Where can claim my 40K back ??"  If he had medical insurance he wouldn't be asking that question.  Just in case you didn't know, medical insurance pays for medical procedures.  People who don't have it whinge about having to pay for themselves.

Sometimes insurance pays but most of the time not .     When it does pay it only pays part .  

1 hour ago, Oxx said:

Yes, yes and no.

2 million baht really doesn't cover very much - particularly if it only covered the first 15K baht of each emergency incident.  15K really is almost nothing.

And I have been vaccinated against rabies.  I first got the vaccination before I moved here to live.  Getting vaccinated is the responsible thing to do.

LOL...yeah ok.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Soi dogs are not a good thing.

For a charity that is probably pulling in millions maybe they are a good thing, completely lost support for the mentioned charity after October last year a young ferang child was attacked by beach dogs in krabi ,the krabi government said they would clear all beach dogs in 30 days ,soi dog foundation completely opposed the idea and were very vocal in advising the local or bor tor to not clear all the dogs and take them to a pound.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, taninthai said:

soi dog foundation completely opposed the idea and were very vocal in advising the local or bor tor to not clear all the dogs and take them to a pound.

Because the SDF knows that dogs die of neglect in the local dog pounds.  That is, if they're not taken into a forest en masse and left to die as has happened in the past.

On 5/23/2020 at 11:25 AM, nobodysfriend said:

Yes , all the usual stuff ...

I never had a problem with soi dogs , if some are barking at me , I talk friendly with a soft , non aggressive voice to them ... they calm down almost instantly .

But they feel if you are scared of them ...

Only ever got bitten once , when 2 males have been fighting and I tried to separate them ...

But people ... they look at your face and are lying , when you turn your back , they steal all they can get .

Some can kill you for just the few bahts you have in your pocket or a 'loss of face ' ...

My dogs love me , I know that ... my wife of 25 yrs loves me , at least I think so ...

But to trust somebody I do not know very well and for along time ... never .

Good people and bad people everywhere , in every country ... only the good ones became more rare these days ...

This is clearly the only truth that so many people will never understand. Sad for them to be so ignorant.

On 5/23/2020 at 1:01 PM, LivinginKata said:

Really .... Really.  I thought like that for 24 years in Thailand, But about 6 months ago I walked out my hotel reception to cross the road and I was attacked from behind, dog just charged in my blind spot. Turned to charge back, but eye contact and show of foot and fist force scared it off, Did a lot of behind knee tooth damage. Cost me 40,000 baht in private hospital fees for clean up, injections over 6 weeks. I say kill them all if have no responsible owner. Where can claim my 40K back ??

sorry, cannot stop laughing !

• Confused 1

Was on my motor-bike and pulled into park on the other side of the road from Central Festival. Net I felt a sharp pain at the back of my left thigh. A stray dog just bit me and broke the skin. Didn't hear it, didn't see it. A totally unprovoked attack. Any vicious dog be it owned or, street dog should be caught and humanely killed.

Edited by KarenBravo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Oxx said:

So, clearly you weren't paying any attention to what was happening around you.  You have no idea whatsoever what you did to aggravate the dog.  Quite frankly, I'd be happier to see such clueless individuals as yourself caught and humanely killed than a poor dog that was simply following its natural instincts.

Man! Your priorities are severely messed up. I feel pity for you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

Man! Your priorities are severely messed up. I feel pity for you.

I couldn't agree more.

Thanks for the heads up about the dogs near Central Festival.

That whole street up to Spring Condo is littered with aggressive dogs as well.

On ‎5‎/‎23‎/‎2020 at 1:16 PM, Oxx said:

Yes of course.

In Thailand, people must accept responsibility for the irresponsible behaviour of Thais...