BANGKOK
snoop1130

Soi Dog Foundation responds to reports of dog poisonings in Cherng Talay

On 5/23/2020 at 11:25 AM, nobodysfriend said:

Yes , all the usual stuff ...

I never had a problem with soi dogs , if some are barking at me , I talk friendly with a soft , non aggressive voice to them ... they calm down almost instantly .

But they feel if you are scared of them ...

Only ever got bitten once , when 2 males have been fighting and I tried to separate them ...

But people ... they look at your face and are lying , when you turn your back , they steal all they can get .

Some can kill you for just the few bahts you have in your pocket or a 'loss of face ' ...

My dogs love me , I know that ... my wife of 25 yrs loves me , at least I think so ...

But to trust somebody I do not know very well and for along time ... never .

Good people and bad people everywhere , in every country ... only the good ones became more rare these days ...

This is clearly the only truth that so many people will never understand. Sad for them to be so ignorant.

On 5/23/2020 at 1:01 PM, LivinginKata said:

Really .... Really.  I thought like that for 24 years in Thailand, But about 6 months ago I walked out my hotel reception to cross the road and I was attacked from behind, dog just charged in my blind spot. Turned to charge back, but eye contact and show of foot and fist force scared it off, Did a lot of behind knee tooth damage. Cost me 40,000 baht in private hospital fees for clean up, injections over 6 weeks. I say kill them all if have no responsible owner. Where can claim my 40K back ??

sorry, cannot stop laughing !

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)

Was on my motor-bike and pulled into park on the other side of the road from Central Festival. Net I felt a sharp pain at the back of my left thigh. A stray dog just bit me and broke the skin. Didn't hear it, didn't see it. A totally unprovoked attack. Any vicious dog be it owned or, street dog should be caught and humanely killed.

Edited by KarenBravo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Oxx said:

So, clearly you weren't paying any attention to what was happening around you.  You have no idea whatsoever what you did to aggravate the dog.  Quite frankly, I'd be happier to see such clueless individuals as yourself caught and humanely killed than a poor dog that was simply following its natural instincts.

Man! Your priorities are severely messed up. I feel pity for you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

Man! Your priorities are severely messed up. I feel pity for you.

I couldn't agree more.

Thanks for the heads up about the dogs near Central Festival.

That whole street up to Spring Condo is littered with aggressive dogs as well.

Inflammatory post reported and removed.  

• Thanks 1

On ‎5‎/‎23‎/‎2020 at 1:16 PM, Oxx said:

Responsible people have medical insurance.

I presume the injections were for rabies.  Responsible people get themselves vaccinated before exposure.  If vaccinated before only a single dose of vaccinate is required upon exposure.

Yes of course.

In Thailand, people must accept responsibility for the irresponsible behaviour of Thais...