Lazada return (opened box)

sallecc

Today I received WD external disk 4TB (shipped by Lazada, sold by Powershop), but after I (unfortunately) opened it - I realized I need 5TB instead...

Seller replies terribly slow, first they said it's not their item, later they said I should just send it back following Lazada return procedure (which firstly stated that return due to "change of mind" is not accepted "if packing and seal are opened" (it's just transparent tape, see photos).

But now when I open this order, Seller is changed to "WD" (very strange, I even have screenshot from delivery info with "Powershop" as Seller), and now when I submit Return option there's no "change of mind" option, but "item doesn't suit me"... I went on, wrote my description and added these 3 photos, and submitted return (with 7-11 drop off option)... Will this work? Has anybody returned the product which was unpacked before?

Thanks,

Alex

20200522190434_resize.jpg

Edited by sallecc

I've returned open product before. Because it was a fake. Got confirmation they received it along with photos of original vs what I received comparison and manufacturer's confirmation that serial number on the product doesn't exist. Refund email followed an hour or so later.

But that's different to change of mind. I think it's written in conditions that the item cannot be opened and must be in original condition for return.

• Sad 1

Look at the return policy under shipping cost of the main page of the product. Will say something like:

15 Days Return
Change of mind is applicable only if the item is sealed and in original condition

For returning an opened HD or flash drive product (at least in the West), if they were to accept a opened return, it would go straight to the garbage. No reputable hard drive maker or store will sell an already used HD.

Edited by ThLT

Did you order a 4-TB drive? If so it's not the sellers or Lazada's problem. But if a 4-TB drive was not what you order, the policy of most retailers is to only accept for return, products in the original factory unopened packaging, esp. electronics. You violated that policy, so it's yours.

I have noticed several retailers on Laxada and Shopee that sell under different Shop names. I bought a DOS nano 1050L water tank, free float valve and free factory direct shipping that was listed on Shopee for 4699 baht. The offer was for "first time buyers" and the retailer was located in Bangkok. An attempt to buy a second tank directed me to the sellers "existing customer" shop name, where the price was 5400 baht.