Jump to content
BANGKOK
Sundown

Reclining seat on a flight

Recommended Posts

28 minutes ago, samsensam said:

 

or simply recline your seat and have exactly the same about of space as if un-reclined.

 

That does not solve the issue, you can't eat in that position, you're permanently forced into a very uncomfortable reclining position. You even have to adjust your tv screen because the angle is all out of whack because you have to recline because some selfish inconsiderate person decided that shoving his seat in your face makes him more comfortable.

 

No, it won't do. If you recline in my face - IT'S ON! 

 

 

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sundown said:

How many of those who replied to this topic and think that reclining is selfish or needs some kind of permission from the person behind are from USA?😄 

 

Stats say my initial question was not so odd.

The user with one of the most caustic responses was German I believe.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On a night flight it should be perfectly reasonable to recline your seat. At other times I do not recline seat unless the person in front of me does so which gives a claustrophobic feeling for me. The airlines are really to blame by putting seats so close together. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Logosone said:

 

That does not solve the issue, you can't eat in that position, you're permanently forced into a very uncomfortable reclining position. You even have to adjust your tv screen because the angle is all out of whack because you have to recline because some selfish inconsiderate person decided that shoving his seat in your face makes him more comfortable.

 

No, it won't do. If you recline in my face - IT'S ON! 

 

 

You are owning up to being prepared to escalate and 'create a situation' because a seat has been reclined.

 

(if that's what you mean by 'IT'S ON') in doing so you present yourself as being somewhat mentally unstable which I'm quite sure isn't true.

 

Regardless of whether or not you agree with someone reclining their seat, you are in public and would be protesting against someone else who is in the right (they have the right to recline their seat 'gently' on a flight).

 

I just don't get how such a 'first world problem' can get some so upset, people really can't be this thin skinned can they?

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Searat7 said:

On a night flight it should be perfectly reasonable to recline your seat. At other times I do not recline seat unless the person in front of me does so which gives a claustrophobic feeling for me. The airlines are really to blame by putting seats so close together. 

The customer is also complicit in demanding cheaper air-fares. If the customer doesn't want the seats so close together they can fly Premium Economy (or business class). If the customer is making the choice solely on price, they really shouldn't complain about higher density seating.

 

I generally do not recline my seat, for the very reasons its discussed in this thread; i.e. I don't want to impose on the space of the person seating behind me. However, if the person in front has reclined their seat, mine will have to go back too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reported flame post removed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

 

You are owning up to being prepared to escalate and 'create a situation' because a seat has been reclined.

 

(if that's what you mean by 'IT'S ON') in doing so you present yourself as being somewhat mentally unstable which I'm quite sure isn't true.

 

Regardless of whether or not you agree with someone reclining their seat, you are in public and would be protesting against someone else who is in the right (they have the right to recline their seat 'gently' on a flight).

 

I just don't get how such a 'first world problem' can get some so upset, people really can't be this thin skinned can they?

 

 

No the person that has created the "situation" is the one who has shoved his seat in your face.

 

This selfish, inconsiderate provocateur has to then accept there will be consequences.

 

As for your remote distance psychological evaluation I can assure you I am mentally perfectly stable. 

 

The person who is reclining the seat is not in the right, they are clearly in the wrong, they are selfish, inconsiderate and creating a 'situation' as you say.

 

It's polite, considerate and the right thing to do not to recline. To shove a seat in someone's face is not right. It's very wrong.

 

If there were an ashtray in the seat handle, it wouldn't be right to smoke, would it? Smoking next to someone would be a massive imposition and inconsiderate. Shoving your seat in someone's face is also a massive imposition and inconsiderate. 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Mayhem11 said:

 I hate flying but the rudeness of most of the flying public astounds me.

It's the rudeness and lack of consideration, everyone knows there's hardly any space for anyone.

 

Yet off they go and shove their seat in your face as if they had all space in the world. 

 

At your expense of course.

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 5/23/2020 at 12:26 AM, northsouthdevide said:

I notice there's a few fattist and Americanist comments on this thread... 

Apart from that,

Reclining your seat is perfectly normal on a long flight, and anyone who complains, has issues with social interaction, and / or never flown before. 

Just your bad luck to have been seated in front of them. 

It’s because a large majority of Americans are lunatics 🤷🏼‍♂️

Edited by MadMuhammad
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sundown, it's plain to see that your not a frequent traveler. I commute from from Bangkok to London, thats 11 return flights each year. So there is nothing i dislike more than to be sat in front of inconciderate passengers like you & your family. I don't suppose the passengers in front of you had their seats back, now you've more room than the poor people behind you.  This is 2020 & the "Golden Era of Flying" was about 40 yrs ago. I don't suppose it ever entered your mind that some body behind you might want to read a book, or catch up with work on their laptop. But cannot because of your lack of respect for fellow passengers. Stop moaning sunshine "your Bang out of order".

 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Searat7 said:

On a night flight it should be perfectly reasonable to recline your seat. At other times I do not recline seat unless the person in front of me does so which gives a claustrophobic feeling for me. The airlines are really to blame by putting seats so close together. 

Finally someone with sense.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fly Business Class then you'll get you're own little pod with no fat peasant and wretched offspring behind to annoy you .. 

failing that wait for 'em in the airport carpark and give them a hearty kicking .. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, kwak250 said:

I would have said so sorry and put the seat up until the meal came ,

Then I would have rammed it back full power and acted as though the seat broke.

The seat would remain "stuck" in the position for the rest of the flight.

Mind you that's probably just me!

Being rude to rude people just validates their rudeness, and makes one no better than the other.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...