Jump to content
BANGKOK
Sundown

Reclining seat on a flight

Recommended Posts

27 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Even coach on those A340-600's was luxurious as the plane needed so much fuel (4-burner), they could only take maybe 70% passenger load tops and even the coach seat pitch was around 36".

 

The downside was LAX.

What's wrong with LAX?

 

How many airports can boast being in continuous operation for over 100 years?

 

Pretty tough to beat the terrace in the post remodel Star Alliance lounge...

 

Using the "Mobile Pass" app on touchdown and breezing through immigration is pretty nice as well...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/24/2020 at 9:03 PM, Logosone said:

No the person that has created the "situation" is the one who has shoved his seat in your face.

 

This selfish, inconsiderate provocateur has to then accept there will be consequences.

 

As for your remote distance psychological evaluation I can assure you I am mentally perfectly stable. 

 

The person who is reclining the seat is not in the right, they are clearly in the wrong, they are selfish, inconsiderate and creating a 'situation' as you say.

 

It's polite, considerate and the right thing to do not to recline. To shove a seat in someone's face is not right. It's very wrong.

 

If there were an ashtray in the seat handle, it wouldn't be right to smoke, would it? Smoking next to someone would be a massive imposition and inconsiderate. Shoving your seat in someone's face is also a massive imposition and inconsiderate. 

 

 

 

i suggest you turn to wearing a mask, it may help your anger issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

What's wrong with LAX?

 

How many airports can boast being in continuous operation for over 100 years?

 

Pretty tough to beat the terrace in the post remodel Star Alliance lounge...

 

Using the "Mobile Pass" app on touchdown and breezing through immigration is pretty nice as well...

Imm at lax is not nice if are not a citizen. it ranks up there with thailand the way you get treated. San diego was fine.

Edited by Sujo
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sujo said:

Imm at lax is not nice if are not a citizen.

 

Most non-citizens skip immigration....

 

In any event, my wife (generally) seems to breeze through without any issue, and considering you don't have to have to go through immigration to exit the country, how bad is it really?

 

Where do you go where it's better? 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Sujo said:

Imm at lax is not nice if are not a citizen. it ranks up there with thailand the way you get treated. San diego was fine.

 

in more than 20 years of coming and going to thailand i've never had any problem, or had any reason to complain about, thai immigration or any immigration officer. i have always found IOs to be efficient and polite. the longest i've ever had to queue is about 40 minutes, usually much less.

 

in my experience the people who i have seen having issues are those who dont have their documentation prepared and/or in order, or have an 'attitude'.

Edited by samsensam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, samsensam said:

 

in more than 20 years of coming and going to thailand i've never had any problem, or had any reason to complain about, thai immigration or any immigration officer. i have always found IOs to be efficient and polite. the longest i've ever had to queue is about 40 minutes, usually much less.

 

in my experience the people who i have seen having issues are those who dont have their documentation prepared and/or in order, or have an 'attitude'.

 

My experience is similar.  Had an a-hole or two in 20 years but have always found Thai immigration polite.

 

San Diego? Hilarious 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, samsensam said:

in more than 20 years of coming and going to thailand i've never had any problem, or had any reason to complain about, thai immigration or any immigration officer. i have always found IOs to be efficient and polite. the longest i've ever had to queue is about 40 minutes, usually much less.

The first time I came to LOS the female immigration officer was a bit off but I put it down to her not expecting to lay eyes on me that day.  Call it shock and awe, if you will.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Yellowtail said:
10 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Even coach on those A340-600's was luxurious as the plane needed so much fuel (4-burner), they could only take maybe 70% passenger load tops and even the coach seat pitch was around 36".

 

The downside was LAX.

What's wrong with LAX?

 

How many airports can boast being in continuous operation for over 100 years?

 

Pretty tough to beat the terrace in the post remodel Star Alliance lounge...

 

Using the "Mobile Pass" app on touchdown and breezing through immigration is pretty nice as well...

History? This was when THAI were actually servicing the route and the Tom Bradley building that was host to all the airline lounges was going through a 14-month refurbishment and was totally closed. A nightmare from Immigration and Customs all the way through to getting your onward flight outta that hole regardless of class of ticket.

 

Meanwhile, about seven months ago...

LAX figured out how to make itself an even worse airport

https://www.latimes.com/opinion/story/2019-10-08/lax-bans-curbside-uber-lyft-taxi-pickups

 

LAX was and still is a dog.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

History? This was when THAI were actually servicing the route and the Tom Bradley building that was host to all the airline lounges was going through a 14-month refurbishment and was totally closed.

 

I remember the construction, but I don't remember Bradly every being completely closed, and I travel to the US several times a year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/24/2020 at 7:23 PM, alex8912 said:

Pure silliness. Everyone could and should recline and most planes are less than 6 inches. Where do you get this notion from that no one should recline ?  You are a catalyst of these instances in flights not the recliner 

Indeed. As another has said it's the airlines who make the problem squeezing  more and more seats in. But it's also customer choice to fly economy rather than pay for premium economy or business. As long as seats are built to recline people are going to recline. Why not make longhaul cattle class even worse ( for me anyway) and fit seats that don't recline? Shorthaul European budget operator Ryanair do just that. Bearable when the average flight time is under 1 HR. 30 mins and the price is so cheap. Covid may well change all this anyway.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...