well water pump loses prime

ifmu

Hi all 

another well water pump on off problem . i read that long thread about well water .. but it had one problem not there ..

i lost the pump prime , no water in house and i had to re prime the pump  add water in top then cap back on and turn on pump ..it re charged house water and was quiet .. then normal operation .. 

to me losing the prime means either intake/suction side of pump either water ran out or check valve in suction side leaks 

before this the house supply had air bubbles in lines toilet tank was the obvious air sympton ..... i tried to bleed off the air from pump covers and it worked for a day  .. no air coming from water taps and pump would work as correctly  ..  ... 

tomorrow when sun is up i will install a shutoff valve before and after the pump and test further ..oh an i will look down into well ....

thanks for reading 

Describe the "well" - -  how deep, what is the normal water level and what is it now in the dry session, what pump style - - the crystal ball is a bit clouded up today ????

• Like 1

Had the same problem with our deep well water pump. Checked the pump, replaced the bottom valve on the pipes, had the 15 metre long pipes out of the well 3 or 4 times, problem reoccurred. Finally got a good, professional company in. They sealed (glued) all joints from the pump to the valve, no problems since. They even gave a 12 month warranty on the pipework.

It came back to the Thai custom of saving time and money by not properly sealing all joints with pvc glue.