BANGKOK
rooster59

Tears and heartbreak as flight ban keeps farang-Thai families apart

A baiting troll post has been removed

3 minutes ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

Bbi1 must be a single old retired guy

Nope, I ain't a grey nomad and ain't single.

2 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

I left Thailand on 25th January for a 10 week rotation. My opposite was not able to fly in to relieve me after that 10 weeks.

How do you suggest I could have changed that scenario ? Not really after an answer from you, because you have no clue anyway...

To all the other guys/gals stuck overseas, keep smiling and lets hope we can get home soon..

Double shift = double money (or more).

I used to do that all the time, we did week on, week off ...... when our opposite number took a holiday ..... 3 weeks on.

Just now, BritManToo said:

I used to do that all the time, we did week on, week off ...... when our opposite number took a holiday ..... 3 weeks on.

I get paid 12 months of the year anyway, so makes no odds to me. I'll just be owed the extra time off...

28 million there’s not that many people in Australia 

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

I left Thailand on 25th January for a 10 week rotation. My opposite was not able to fly in to relieve me after that 10 weeks.

How do you suggest I could have changed that scenario ? Not really after an answer from you, because you have no clue anyway...

Um, the virus was already very serious on the 25th Jan. If I cared about my family I would've stayed right here with them. It's called "priorities" and what you really care about. If it was me I would say stuff work, I care more about my family than leaving them. But that's me. Others might have other priorities.

Edited by bbi1
  • Sad 5

Posted (edited)

No one seems to be asking the question, why were so many husbands not with their families when the lockdown began ?

How many left after lockdown because earning money was more important than being with their families.

If it teaches us anything, it's that you can't have your cake and eat it too.

Having scrolled down this page after posting, it looks like a few people have asked that question 🙂

Edited by berybert
  • Like 1
  • Sad 5

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Not that simple and clear cut anymore, offshore employers and employees are doing it hard, trust me.

I know of vessels in Saudi waters where the crew have been onboard for over 4 months now, equally their opposite numbers have been at home without pay for the same period, to date there is no sign of this changing, meanwhile the owners are getting screwed on charter rates, all in all not great.

2 minutes ago, fdbob said:

28 million there’s not that many people in Australia 

Yes..a bit of a gigantic rhetorical flourish there I'm afraid as the population is 24 million-give or take a few..

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, berybert said:

No one seems to be asking the question, why were so many husbands not with their families when the lockdown began ?

How many left after lockdown because earning money was more important than being with their families.

If it teaches us anything, it's that you can't have your cake and eat it too.

Bingo! It proves they didn't really care about their families and preferred chasing the all mighty dollar, which meant they had long periods away from their families anyway. Now they bitch like little kids they can't come back here and it's only been 2 months since flights have been cancelled, which if they had a 10 week contract they have been working all this time and been away from their families like any other time in the past.

Edited by bbi1
  • Sad 6