Tears and heartbreak as flight ban keeps farang-Thai families apart

rooster59

48 minutes ago, 473geo said:

Ok guys here is the unvarnished truth

60 million Thai people suffered the cancellation of their major holiday in April

A holiday where those apart from their families historically travel home to be with them for a week

So are you few hundred guys outside Thailand prepared to make a similar sacrifice to continue to keep Thailand safe?

The answer should be a resounding 'yes' right?

Please quit the 'justification' and whining, be happy your family are safe, partly due to the thoughtful sacrifice of many Thai people who did not get to visit their families

Thank you

No need to say thank you since nobody is expressing gratitude.

This is about living with your family, and not taking a holiday with them.

4 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

Songkran was postponed not cancelled.

It is a holiday (not yet announced) were by people will be able to travel home to be with their families.

In the grand scheme of "families separated" the postponement of Songkran (not cancelled) pales into insignificance compared to those families that cannot be together due to border closures.

Thankyou.

Troll post not biting Don

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, nchuckle said:

You seem to have difficulties in grasping principles. If 'fewer' (correct English) people entering reduces the chances of infection then it stands to reason Thais should also not be allowed to re enter ,unless you want to argue that a returning Thai carries less risk than a returning farang father/husband?

Refusing entry home to Thai citizens would result in massive repercussions worldwide..

You really think the Government are that stupid (I honestly believe it was discussed though).

4 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

Huge numbers of people are infected, and never know it.  In the studies were large numbers were tested, around the world, it was discovered the death-rate is comperable to seasonal-flu.  As well, we don't know how many Thais already were infected from the intial flood of Chinese from Wuhan during Chinese New Year, because they only "test" if you become seriously ill - making the death-rate look scary, as most people don't show symptoms at all, and more just have "a cold." 

But, assuming the quarantine were really needed, with regard to those returning being limited, how hard is it to secure a hotel-floor, or even an entire guestouse for a batch of returnees?

How would you hear about it if they did?  Would the Thai media broadcast their pleas? 

It's unlikely that a guesthouse would have  working cameras on every floor and working cameras on the entry/exits points of the guesthouse, also unlikely that a guesthouse would have an auditable key entry system for entry to guesthouse and auditable entry system for each room, hence the reason why if a hotel or hospital wants to provide this service they have to apply and then they are subject to inspection before approval is granted

You question the need for quarantine i point you again to 

If anyone is in doubt that quarantine is required or necessary suggest you read the following twitter post 

Since February, there have been 104 cases of people in state quarantine with #COVID19. During the last two weeks, 17 people who returned from abroad were found to be infected #Thailand

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1264056463640547328

33 minutes ago, Zikomat said:

If you are a husband - then why you will not be let back in case you are stuck outside Thailand at the moment? I am not talking about how you perceive yourself. How the Thai society sees you is what matters. And it sees you as a temporary stayer without any particular rights. 

This is the sad truth.  And many farangs are also not family orientated either.  It's what we have to live with.

Edited by mommysboy

1 minute ago, mommysboy said:

No need to say thank you since nobody is expressing gratitude.

This is about living with your family, and not taking a holiday with them.

Really

You would have to convince me with a little more detail on that one, like do all these people claiming they deserve entry have a Thai marriage certificate, yellow book, permanently reside in Thailand more than 10 months of the year? You surely do not consider an off shore worker who willing separates from his family for 3 months is badly inconvenienced?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Don Mega said:

they cry "My Family"  when the government denies entry for them to come get their end wet !!

Some of the men here are truly men. They came here to find a wife or found one while vacationing, and not here to find sex, as a lot of others do. They miss their wives and children, and want to be near them. Some "men" came here just to have with sex with "women" that are having it daily with whoever pays the rent. There is quite a difference, although you might not know that.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 473geo said:

Really

You would have to convince me with a little more detail on that one, like do all these people claiming they deserve entry have a Thai marriage certificate, yellow book, permanently reside in Thailand more than 10 months of the year? You surely do not consider an off shore worker who willing separates from his family for 3 months is badly inconvenienced?

If they had Permanent Residency, far play let em return.

But those that work abroad for extended periods of time and have their work schedules set to take advantage of the visa exempt entry/tourist visa allowances......... they deserve a pineapple up the coight....they are not tourists yet happily flaunt the rules to suit their agenda.

• Sad 2

3 minutes ago, Zikomat said:

May I ask you how many months a year do you spend with your wife (family)?

I see my wife and son 6 months... staggered through the year 

2 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Some of the men here are truly men. They came here to find a wife or found one while vacationing, and not here to find sex, as a lot of others do. They miss their wives and children, and want to be near them.

and they will be with them once again soon.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Zikomat said:

Why don't the wives of those stuck outside Thailand husbands start a petition to their government? Unlike their husbands - they are the rightful citizens of this country, they have a voice. And yet they are totally silent. As if they were quite satisfied with the situation. The money keeps coming but those annoying creatures are kept away.

Yep!

14 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

It's unlikely that a guesthouse would have  working cameras on every floor and working cameras on the entry/exits points of the guesthouse, also unlikely that a guesthouse would have an auditable key entry system for entry to guesthouse and auditable entry system for each room, hence the reason why if a hotel or hospital wants to provide this service they have to apply and then they are subject to inspection before approval is granted

You question the need for quarantine i point you again to 

If anyone is in doubt that quarantine is required or necessary suggest you read the following twitter post 

Since February, there have been 104 cases of people in state quarantine with #COVID19. During the last two weeks, 17 people who returned from abroad were found to be infected #Thailand

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1264056463640547328

Just post guards at the points of egress.  Done.  Everyone outside the facility is now "safe."

They were "found to be infected" because they were Actually Tested.  This bug spreads like crazy, which is why every large-scale testing has shown much greater community spread than initially thought.  Thank goodness it is only harmful to a tiny percentage of the population. 

Can you imagine if it was H5N1 - having a 60% mortality-rate - with those virus-spikes (ACE2 receptor-adapted) on it - as was demonstrated in a published study? 

In mid March, I had to take our 3 month old Bangkok born Thai/US daughter to the US, without mom. Baby had her US passport before the Thai passport, so she was in the country on a VOA. Once we got the Thai passport, we tried everything to reverse this, including border runs. 

Our 15 months in the making K1, canceled interview has passed weeks ago.

We tried twice to get a Tourist visa to the US for mom. No consideration was given. We appealed to the US embassy for a hardship. The US embassy staff in Bangkok is probably the worst group of people to be forced to deal with. 

Its great having time with the baby, but since I am self employed, its virtually impossible to work. Then there is the full time job trying to keep mom sane being without her newborn, impossible! This is pure emotional distress for mom with no end in sight. 

The Thai embassy in the US has given a good response to try and get baby back to mom, we will see. If successful, we would be separated but I will be able to get back to work. 

This situation seems to needlessly drag on and on. I don't really know anyone that believes that all of this shut down and isolation is really worth the cost for all of the other disasters that have been created. I don't know anyone who believes that we are being told the truth. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

If they had Permanent Residency, far play let em return.

But those that work abroad for extended periods of time and have their work schedules set to take advantage of the visa exempt entry/tourist visa allowances......... they deserve a pineapple up the coight....they are not tourists yet happily flaunt the rules to suit their agenda.

How easy do you think it is to get Permanent Residency? Yes I agree with your point on differ the type of visa they travel on.Retirement,kids or retiered in the same boat.

27 minutes ago, 473geo said:

Sad attempt at justification,  'a lot' - how about the hundreds of thousands that did not travel home, not one of my 15 family members that usually make the journey home at songkran returned this year.

OK, hundreds of thousands did and those that did not will get the opportunity, it was not cancelled, it was postponed.

8 hours ago, Don Mega said:

You seriously think they should also ban Thai Nationals from returning home ?

Thailand is now "home" for many of these "foreigners". They are not 3 week tourists or casual visitors. Their wives and children are here, and in many cases probably paid for and built their homes here, so I think there should be a "special circumstances" committee set up to consider their cases - they seem to be able to set up a committee for just about everything here!

• Like 2

It's the same for me, can't get back to my Thai wife but the death rate here in the UK is still very high opposed to zero rate in Thailand, do all you guys really want to risk taking the virus to possibly give to your wives & kids? If it has to be October when we can all go back it's not years away it's only a few months, make the best of what you've got until things get back to a near normal way of life.

Stop moaning & thank God we are at least still alive.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mattd said:

OK, hundreds of thousands did and those that did not will get the opportunity, it was not cancelled, it was postponed.

Ok Matt (and Don) Songkran was postponed

Well if this means all is acceptable for the Thai people who missed their annual visit to their parents and family, may I suggest that all the whining farangs just postpone their visits to their family too

all sorted now?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, sambum said:

Thailand is now "home" for many of these "foreigners". They are not 3 week tourists or casual visitors. Their wives and children are here, and in many cases probably paid for and built their homes here, so I think there should be a "special circumstances" committee set up to consider their cases - they seem to be able to set up a committee for just about everything here!

They have built a home on somebody else's land. Not the brightest idea.

Edited by Zikomat
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ray richards said:

It's the same for me, can't get back to my Thai wife but the death rate here in the UK is still very high opposed to zero rate in Thailand, do all you guys really want to risk taking the virus to possibly give to your wives & kids? If it has to be October when we can all go back it's not years away it's only a few months, make the best of what you've got until things get back to a near normal way of life.

Stop moaning & thank God we are at least still alive.

With quantine, there is no risk. 

The death-rate is determined by the relative age and health-conditions of the various populations.  Older and/or more-obese/diabetic populations (Italy) are at greater risk of actually knowing they had the virus, and a fraction of those becoming seriously ill.