Tears and heartbreak as flight ban keeps farang-Thai families apart

rooster59

41 minutes ago, P100 said:

What do you expect from an incompetent military givernment? To have people's needs at heart?? With badmouth Anoutin taking every chance to bash foreigners in his endless hate?? They hate us so much that they even let their own Thai people suffer just to keep us, (according Anoutin) not showering dirty farangs away. They don't care about ripped apart families, they don't care about mamas and children struggeling to survive without their dads. But I know, soon they will open the borders. Unfortunately only for Chinese. To flood in and buy Thailand. Farangs will still have to wait until they can prove that they take showers regularly...

do you think the Thai government (like many others) restricting the entry to only citizens to be a  a bad thing ?

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, HenryC said:

If you don't work in Thailand, you'll never qualify for a PR. 

Most developed countries would recognise having a spouse or dependent in a country grounds for PR.

Work in Thailand is a requirement to qualify for a  PR................ I call boo <deleted> on that.

• Sad 2

5 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

do you think the Thai government (like many others) restricting the entry to only citizens to be a  a bad thing ?

For me a good thing is allowing Thai citizens, foreigners with marriage visa, retirement visa, visa based on having children to take care off, work permit.

Foreigners who have no valid reason at all to come to Thailand, should not been taking in consideration actually.

Case by case should be considered by the Thai embassies.

• Like 2

I know some who are struck in other countries one in cnx and can not leave to return to the uk.Others  wanting to get back to thailand asap.all not possible at the moment.Everyone is waiting to return,end of the year nov dec I think I will be able to return.I also have things I need to take care of in thailand.but I know I have to wait end of the year.

My friend has a bar in cnx from canada he also can not get back until all is clear.it is closed it may need some cleaning now but all this must wait until everyone is free to move around again

These days it's very easy to transfer money and then there is facetime or whatever to see the wife and sprogs as often as one pleases. I really don't think the Thai gov are going to read too much into tears and heartbreak and speed up any exceptions for these poor stranded farangs.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Mama Noodle said:

How does allowing non-Thai people married to a local with a family to return and quarantine just like the Thais are (and pay for it themselves) increasing the risk of spreading anything? 

They would be in quarantine. 

9 hours ago, Mama Noodle said:

How does allowing non-Thai people married to a local with a family to return and quarantine just like the Thais are (and pay for it themselves) increasing the risk of spreading anything? 

They would be in quarantine. 

Too many selfish inconsiderate people  with the "i alright jack" attitude in this world.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, BritManToo said:

"Tears and heartbreak as flight ban keeps farang-Thai families apart"

The tears will only happen if the white guy stops sending money!

Haha, asked my wife 10 times if she needs money during the previous three months. "No". And as I cannot fly to the Land Of Silliness, she is now flying to me. "Do you need me to pay your tickets?" I ask her. "No."

Luckily she has to be in isolation in my country for two weeks, so no need to go shopping or any other BS when she arrives here ????

Her parents also decline to take any money ????

After three months, I don't miss coming to Thailand anymore. I only travel there due to my family. Life here in Northern Europe is so much better than in Thailand I have to say, after spending 7 years 50/50 in Thailand.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Don Mega said:

many of these "foreigners" that call Thailand home are offshore oil and gas workers and their shifts are structured to allow them to exploit the visa exempt entry that Thailand immigration allows.

On paper they are nothing more than short term tourists.

Oh please.That option was shut down 3 years ago.You are way out of date

• Like 2

1 minute ago, somtumwrong said:

Luckily she has to be in isolation in my country for two weeks, so no need to go shopping or any other BS when she arrives here ????

Absolutely, imagine having to go out and actually do shopping. I am pleased for you that you don't have to suffer that ghastly ordeal.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Keyser Soze666 said:

Absolutely, imagine having to go out and actually do shopping. I am pleased for you that you don't have to suffer that ghastly ordeal.

Thank you. Almost makes me cry to encounter a fellow man who has gone through the nightmare of endless shopping malls and wasting precious time at yet another Thai market to eat yet another Thai dish tasting the same.. Women should have a lot of friends to go shopping and eating with. In the end, the wife does not even buy anything because "it would be a waste of money." What about waste of time? ????

1 hour ago, uhuh said:

So does Taiwan,  which so far is the only country that has successfully eradicated covid

If you mean, not recorded any new cases for a specific period, then look at Laos also.

40 days ....no new cases and no deaths at all from the virus.....

Yet still on Thailands list of dangerous countries.

Total control of borders wanted by Thailand, can be the only explanation. 

Edited by laosnative

2 minutes ago, somtumwrong said:

Thank you. Almost makes me cry to encounter a fellow man who has gone through the nightmare of endless shopping malls and wasting precious time at yet another Thai market to eat yet another Thai dish tasting the same.. Women should have a lot of friends to go shopping and eating with. In the end, the wife does not even buy anything because "it would be a waste of money." What about waste of time? ????

Agreed. The men here though usually only go as they have nothing else to do.

Why do people keep saying quarantines should be recommended ? The repatriation flights including mandatory quarantine on arrival program have been in effect since the scheduled flights were shutdown. Over and out ! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sead said:

possible to go inside thailand if you are covid resistant

Is that a question or a statement? If its a question the answer is NO. If its a statement you are wrong.

18 minutes ago, Odin Norway said:
1 hour ago, Don Mega said:

many of these "foreigners" that call Thailand home are offshore oil and gas workers and their shifts are structured to allow them to exploit the visa exempt entry that Thailand immigration allows.

On paper they are nothing more than short term tourists.

Oh please.That option was shut down 3 years ago.You are way out of date

Yes.  That 'crackdown, shut many guesthouses, etc, and put countless Thais out of work - for exactly no upside.   How DARE they spend their money here like that - sneaking in on visa-exempts (no Thai consulate on the oil rig).  Now they spend their considerable incomes in other countries, instead - where Thais cannot work.

Just more proof that govt-policies have NEVER been about what is good/best for Thais - so why would anyone conclude what is happening now is being done in their interest?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, EricTh said:

Currently, there are no flights out for anyone but there is flights in for Thai citizens only.

So Thailand should at least allow flights out at least until the Pandemic improves which will be a long time for certain countries.

My predictions are:

April, May, June - no flights in for all foreigners

July, Aug.  - flights in for low risk countries (at the moment is China and South Korea)

If your country is on the high risk list, you will have to wait a long time.

Before making statements like that you should check your facts. Yes only Thai repatriation flights incoming agreed. However there are a few carriers flying out of Bangkok. Take flights to the UK for example. Non stop EVA flys on a Sunday. KLM and Lufthansa fly most days to the UK 1 stop.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, connda said:

Breaking up families based on racial discrimination, racial hatred, and racial fear of all persons who are non-Thai is the norm.  A Thai-Foreign family as a human-right?

I'm not sure about this but throwing it out there....Have a UK mate who has been married to Thai for several years. Every time she visits UK she has to obtain a visa.

I'm Oz and have Thai partner several years. She has been to Oz many times on tourist visa. Even if I was married to her I can't just bring her along for a visit. I (she) would need a visa.

I like many live in Thailand. I doubt Au would allow Thai to enter even if married.

That of course excludes folk living in Au with Thai wife and have gone down the long and expensive marriage path for the Thai to obtain PR status.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, jimn said:

Before making statements like that you should check your facts. Yes only Thai repatriation flights incoming agreed. However there are a few carriers flying out of Bangkok. Take flights to the UK for example. Non stop EVA flys on a Sunday. KLM and Lufthansa fly most days to the UK 1 stop.

My Wifes Friend and Daughter came back from Switzerland 2 weeks ago ,cant be that tiresome because ive not heard her moaning about it, and moaning is her forte.