Tears and heartbreak as flight ban keeps farang-Thai families apart

rooster59

8 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:
11 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Thus, my point: If Thai's can enter Thailand to return to their families, why can't foreigners (with families in Thailand).

How many countries would let those Thai families in now? Same same, but different countries. Don't blame Thailand for doing the same as western countries.

If living in a country that will, bring Thai family to your country.

Many. Had my Wife and I been living in the UK, she would be on ILR (or even have British Passport by now).

She would not be rejected entry into the UK. She would however, be told to quarantine at a private residence (i.e. home) or risk a £1000 fine.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Zikomat said:

So many times on the dating websites the Thai ladies present themselves with the phrase “I need somebody to take care of me”. And the rest ,who don’t use the language like that are just smart enough to hide their true intentions. For absolute most of them farangs are the way to solve their material problems and nothing else.

Again I ask myself - why don’t we hear anything about farangs’ wives demanding from the government to let their husbands back to the country? Looks like this is a personal problem of those husbands only. The situation would change in minutes if the international money transfer would be prohibited for some reason. 

I've seen those profiles and similar, avoid like the plague. Who would be dumb enough to meet one of those brazen gold diggers, actually plenty of dimwits around still 555

7 minutes ago, Zikomat said:

Again I ask myself - why don’t we hear anything about farangs’ wives demanding from the government to let their husbands back to the country? Looks like this is a personal problem of those husbands only. The situation would change in minutes if the international money transfer would be prohibited for some reason. 

Oh yes. maybe a real wake up call for some farang's 'stuck' on the outside.

1 hour ago, Don Mega said:
2 hours ago, HenryC said:

If you don't work in Thailand, you'll never qualify for a PR. 

Most developed countries would recognise having a spouse or dependent in a country grounds for PR.

Work in Thailand is a requirement to qualify for a  PR................ I call boo <deleted> on that.

In order to apply to become a Thai Permanent Resident, you must meet the following criteria:

• You must have had a Thai non-immigrant visa for at least three years prior to the submission of your application. Holders of multiple NON-Immigrant visas can not apply. You must have 3 consecutive yearly extensions in order to qualify.
  • You must be a holder of a non-immigrant visa at the time of submitting your application.
  • You must be able to meet one of these categories to apply for PR status in Thailand:
    • Investment category (minimum 3 – 10 Mil. Baht investment in Thailand)
    • Working/ Business category
    • Support a family or Humanity Reasons category: In this category, you must have a relationship with a Thai citizen or an alien who already posses a residence permit as a husband or wife; father or mother; or a guardian of a Thai child under 20 years of age.
    • Expert / academic category
    • Other categories as determined by Thai Immigration

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

Glad mine isn't that way.  Been together for years.  She is more often waiting for me to stop doing something else. 

If one's Thai wife isn't "being a wife," any more, that is sad.  Sometimes these things can be turned-around, though - just need to find things you like doing together.  She may discover the phone is less-fun than a bicycle ride or similar. 

A woman wanting a man to take care of her?  You mean, like it Always Was before feminist-theory wrecked Western civilization - leading to great misery, especially for the majority of women? 

My wife and I actually like spending time together - can be doing any silly thing - just sitting and chatting, to taking a walk, bike riding, visting some temple or park, etc.

I hope my wife would find another "husband" to support her if I died - but also hope that is a long way off.

Haha!

• Sad 1

confused.

if it is so "heart breaking" to be seperated from ones lovely Thai wife, why travel alone and leave your lovely Thai wife alone? Why just not "integrate" and stay permanent in your new country with your "lovely wife". Why so many farang travel up and down regularly to their "own" country? 

Anyway, if you can travel alone and stay alone in another country volunarely, dont make a problem when you are forced to be seperated a little bit longer. innvenient? sure. heartbreak? gimme a break. you can videochat and transfer money. u r adult, not a little lost baby crying for yr mummy. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, Keyser Soze666 said:
14 minutes ago, Zikomat said:

Oh yes. maybe a real wake up call for some farang's 'stuck' on the outside.

Yes, because "petitioning the govt for a redress of greviances" is so common here.  And if they did, who would report on it?  They'd have to drink rat-poison outside of some govt-ministry to make the news.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

Went out earlier for a couple hours.  Did you miss me?  I have been knocking out some work at the same time as posting here.  Walk and chew-gum much?

Well as log as all is ok in your married bliss, I was just a bit worried about you for a minute. I'm sure you will be spending the rest of the weekend with her rather than posting on here.

11 hours ago, Simon Snake said:

No-one, including g/fs/spouse et al, like continual conversations where the bulk of the convo is whining and complaining "its not fair blah blah".  They will seek more uplifting/fun alternatives locally.

Which illustrates the type of women you associate with -granted, there's plenty of them.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ukrules said:

This just shows how low a priority foreigners are for this government, they don't care at all.

Everyone who lives here without PR or Citizenship is a tourist, even if you've been here for decades. We already knew that though.

A glorified tourist.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, retsdon said:

It's a bit of a kicker. I went out on contract in January and was due to come back to Thailand in May. Now locked out until at least July. Got to work again in September, so at this rate I might not get to sleep in my own bed or see my own children again this year. 

Sure, there are worse things happen to people, and sooner or later those of us in this position will hopefully get home again, so it's not the end of the world. But some of the comments on this thread are pretty nasty and actually reveal more about the people making them than they do about the Covid situation itself. 

Just saying... 

If you think comments on this forum are nasty then you seriously need to get out more pal. I've been on this thread all day (nothing else to do) and I haven't seen a single comment that I would class as nasty.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Do any of you guys think I will be able to go back to Thailand???

I'm male 75 yr old with health problems heart & bladder cancer (now in remission).

I've got a lovely sincere relationship g/f for 7 yrs.

It's a big worry for me if because of my old age & poor health that I won't be able to go back.

Thanks

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ray richards said:

I'm male 75 yr old with health problems heart & bladder cancer (now in remission).

It's a big worry for me if because of my old age & poor health that I won't be able to go back.

Thanks

That's a tough one... Any chance your GF can visit you once things relax a little?

Edited by richard_smith237

15 minutes ago, ray richards said:

Thanks

Things will settle down Ray, concentrate on staying fit and healthy as you can, then at the least a VOA should be an option when flights resume, if you have plenty of cash you can make decisions from there as to how you manage to stay longer if you wish

• Like 1

11 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

There is nothing funny about families being separated.

Adults can cope (to an extent) but children don't understand why they aren't allowed to see their dad/mum !!

They might not understand but kids adjust quite quickly, what about the kids in the UK and elsewhere during WW2 who didn’t see their fathers for years and some never again plus those sent from the cities to live in the country.

Life goes on.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Instead of being a tight a&&. Why don't the the falangs stuck outside of Thailand buy their wife and family tickets to go to where the Falang is staying. Maybe because that same country has the SAME restrictions about non nationals entering the country. <deleted> get over your not allowed into Thailand cause it's the same all over the world. If you don't have a passport for that country you DONT GET IN. GET IT????

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, jimn said:

Before making statements like that you should check your facts. Yes only Thai repatriation flights incoming agreed. However there are a few carriers flying out of Bangkok. Take flights to the UK for example. Non stop EVA flys on a Sunday. KLM and Lufthansa fly most days to the UK 1 stop.

I didn't know that there are flights out so does that mean that British citizens etc can fly out anytime they want?

Edited by EricTh
  • Sad 1