BANGKOK
rooster59

Tears and heartbreak as flight ban keeps farang-Thai families apart

17 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

Tough but understandable move by the government. The Thais knew what they were dealing with and responded appropriately.

Yes, some foreigners would have respected the  self isolation requirements and yes some have legitimate reasons to return,  Unfortunately, there are alsoforeigners up to no good without  the financial means or health insurance to  take care of themselves. Some would not have respected the self isolation. Thailand did not have the means or resources to manage that exposure. Because of a few duds, everyone will suffer.  And please, no lectures on how  this is unfair when  we see in the forums the stories of how some farangs  play the system  and cheat. Sorry to the many people who  are suffering, but this is the  cost of tolerating scum who are often excused away as poor hard done folk. All it takes is a few selfish gits landing from  Italy, Russia, USA. UK to spread death and disease.

I have to agree about many foreigners that have gotten away with murder for years in Thailand. Perhaps its time for the Thai government to focus on the scum with severe measures. 500 baht fines are a joke. Make it hurt 50,000 baht fines to make it sink in . This bunch who's numbers are in the thousands need to be dealt with. It harms the foreigners who do not spend their days in bars , drunk on the streets and making themselves  a national disgrace.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

Second class is only an imaginary label, not a stamp. I’ve been here a long time now and the xenophobia is a bit annoying, but I would really like to at least have a PR which is ridiculously hard to have. I have family with kids and could not bear to be without them for more than a month at a time if necessary. 

19 minutes ago, mr mr said:

i  guess i would just rather not be stamped officially as a 2nd class citizen. i know where i stand here. to be honest i don't care much at all what they think of me.  

Maybe they just do not respect you.

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Russel said:

Maybe. But I'm still remind the covid19 certificate and health insurance. Anyway I'm not concern about the quarantine even if this would mean the death for tourism for the reasons we can easily imagine.

Then if they also put on the mandatory mask it will be the end. First because it's pointless to stop the virus, secondly, it is harmful to health because it reduces the supply of oxygen to the brain.

Moreover how can you think of walking outdoors with that thing on your face at 34/35 degrees centigrade?

You ever worn a mask ? Any mask including simple fabric ones ? Your statement of harmful for health is simply not true , and yes i do know what i'm talking about since i work in chemical industry and FFP2/3 masks are the least which we have to wear at some points . Many times its full gasmasks ( they are really annoying ) or oxygen bottles with masks ( and full suits also ) . When needed you do it in all temperatures and in means working , walking , climbing ... Full suits with bottles on your back are not fun , and in temperatures of 35c you can't do it more then 1h .

Walking , or even running/sports with simple masks , aren't the most pleasant thing , and yes your airflow is a bit more limited , but you certainly won't die from it , you just get tired/breathing heavier or sweating faster . In fact some people use it to increase their lungcapacity/red bloodcells , like a high altitude training ( sports training ) .

And for the working things against virus , you more then probably are wrong also . The mesh of simple masks are indeed way to large for a virus , so it can enter freely . That is , if a virus is completely on the lose . In that case the virus is probably very short lived ( well it doesn't live at all but thats beside the point ) . Most transmission is due to tiny droplets of saliva , which does contain the virus and also giving protection to the virus . These droplets are not 100% stopped by your own mask , but also these droplets can be stopped by other peoples mask . Compare it to pissing naked in a room with other people naked . No pants and everybody around you does get wet . If others wear the pants and you are pissing , well they still get wet . If you also wear the pants , only you are getting wet pants , and others do not get a drop .

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, garygooner said:

Let's hope non Thais will be allowed to return to their families in July. 

I really doubt that it's all countries in the world all at once in July.

It would be like in back in Jan to Mar if I remember correctly, certain countries were in the high risk countries like Italy, China, Iran, South Korea.

My bet is only certain countries are allowed in.

Edited by EricTh

2 hours ago, Russel said:

Then if they also put on the mandatory mask it will be the end. First because it's pointless to stop the virus, secondly, it is harmful to health because it reduces the supply of oxygen to the brain.

Moreover how can you think of walking outdoors with that thing on your face at 34/35 degrees centigrade?

And that's exactly why they don't let you in. Well done. 

You want to come and happily spread Covid19 to others.

Thais have to rely on their public hospitals. 

You, instead, will have private insurance,  get the best treatment,  and if things turn sour you probably get repatriated by air ambulance,  insurance pays. 

Just follow TVF, so many farangs don't believe in corona, don't care about others  - even their governments don't care. 

When 95% in the BTS started to wear masks, back in March, it was invariably farangs who were walking around with naked faces. 

They feel rules are not relevant. They don't even want to wear a mask - who would trust these people about quarantine?

They think they are smarter than Thais.  Just peruse TVF to see their racist superiority complex. 

These people are dumb and dangerous. 

Yes, Thailand wants their money. 

But the risks are just too high.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

11 minutes ago, jbinthai said:

EVA has 2 flights a day into Thailand via Taipei....just waiting..impatiently.  

You cannot fly EVA because you are not allowed to transfer in Taipei.

No foreigners are allowed to enter Taiwan,  not even as transit passengers.

Only Taiwanese and foreigners with residence in Taiwan. 

The Taiwanese government has stated they want to keep it this way until a vaccine is available.   

39 minutes ago, uhuh said:

The Taiwanese government has stated they want to keep it this way until a vaccine is available.   

Well, that's the other thing. Even if Thailand said we could come back, finding a plane to take us is a whole other problem. 

1 hour ago, uhuh said:

Yup, I finally gave up on EVA and requested a refund for ticket into Chiang Mai.  Between crazy current admission requirements and flight restrictions through Taipei with a 5/31 deadline to change ticket to a different date that is a total <deleted> shoot.  I have been away from my family since Jan 12th...

21 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

All it takes is a few selfish gits landing from  Italy, Russia, USA. UK to spread death and disease.

Nice trollish post, given away by the lack of mention of death and disease by way of instigator China.

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

Repatriation flights are on going now and non Thais have to arrange an approved hotel and coordinate through the Thai embassy in the host country. Here's one of the options becoming available but there's a huge backlog and you have to "pay to play " .

Screenshot_20200524_033345.jpg

Screenshot_20200524_033345.jpg

59 minutes ago, Greg O said:

Repatriation flights are on going now and non Thais have to arrange an approved hotel and coordinate through the Thai embassy in the host country. Here's one of the options becoming available but there's a huge backlog and you have to "pay to play " .

The entry restrictions were extended till June 30th denying entry to 99.99999% of Non Thai people.

"Under the Royal Thai Government’s emergency decree, foreigners are banned from entering the Kingdom of Thailand at all points with the exception of diplomats, cargo shipments, pilots, and foreigners with a work permit. This decree is in effect until June 30th,  and may be subject to an extension."

5 hours ago, Mitkof Island said:

Maybe they just do not respect you.

maybe your comment has nothing to do with this thread ?