Tears and heartbreak as flight ban keeps farang-Thai families apart

rooster59

Just now, richard_smith237 said:

Not a very smart comment....  I'm sure your teachers taught you 'brain into gear, mouth into neutral' or... you must have read the quote 'its better to remain silent and let people think you are an idiot than you speak out and remove all doubt'.....   this is one of those discussions !!!...  leave it for those less willing to express their galactic fookwittery !

Why not smart? Who the hell leaves their loved-ones in a pandemic? Am I right in guessing you're one of them b your comment?

• Sad 4

5 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

They left before it started

So, why not come back to Thailand asap to be with their families when they knew about the virus since January and how bad it was? They had nearly 3 months to come back to Thailand before things were shut down.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 4

1 minute ago, Mattd said:

Open your mind, people do not just leave for pleasure, they will be a lot of folks who work overseas, offshore etc. etc. that left to go to work, what are they supposed to do?

If I were them, I'd do whatever I could to be with my family during a time of a SERIOUS DEADLY VIRUS situation. People knew about it's seriousness since January. The flights didn't stop until end of March or early April. That's 3 whole months to get back to your family. They could've asked for leave from work or if not, just left their work and hopped on the plane. What is more important, their family or work. In your scenario above it's clearly not their family.

• Sad 7

I worked with hundreds of people in Alaska that were on 3 or 5 or 12 month contracts.  This is before good internet, skype, and all that in the 90's. 

So obviously they did not get to see their families at all during that time

At least nowadays they have facetime or skype.

Count your blessings, things will get better, and keep on keepin on

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Aussieroaming said:

Sorry to hear about that. Will Australia let you leave if Thailand opens up? And what international airlines are flying out of Australia with the country locked down? I'm locked out from seeing my wife since Jan, as others on the forum are, but no children due though. All the best to you in your circumstance.

Under a defence contract so even after the boarders open, still have to wait for government restrictions to be lifted

9 minutes ago, ChiangMaiThai said:

Don Mega takes the prize as the most obnoxious TV troll in a long while.

I don't think that Don Mega is a troll..however unpopular his views might be.

As other folks have said-this is an "opinion" style forum and we can't all be Mr Popular.

My view is that families being separated for long periods of time is not a good thing tho' it is surprising how resilient people can be in a crisis-it's a feature of the human condition.

Hopefully things will start getting sorted out soon.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Why do some people. like you. have to try and make others feel far worse than they already are? They came here for advice or an ear and you and a couple of others have to keep driving the nail in deeper.

Who came here for "advice"? The OP posted a news article which I and everyone else is discussing and offering our opinions about it. This is called "free speech". We are not in North Korea where there's no free speech. I think you'd be better in North Korea if you don't like free speech and opinions.

Edited by bbi1
  • Like 2
  • Sad 5