UK to introduce quarantine for international arrivals from June 8

rooster59

1 minute ago, ukrules said:
12 hours ago, rooster59 said:

self-isolate for 14 days and provide details of where they will be staying under the plans

That is not a quarantine. The plan will fail miserably and immediately.

Indeed; too little, too late from the incompetent Boris.

He and his master are one trick ponies, and they can't even get that right!

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

Will those who were vociferous in their condemnation of Sturgeon's support for Dr Catherine Calderwood be equally vociferous here?

As most of them are prominent government and Brexit supporters, somehow I doubt it!

Lol, what’s with the brexit infatuation? Are ye still in denial?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, twocatsmac said:

Lol, what’s with the brexit infatuation? Are ye still in denial?

It is a fact; those who condemned Sturgeon and Calderwood are vociferous Brexit supporters, and express that support at every opportunity.

So I suggest you direct your question to them.

Edited by 7by7
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

It is a fact; those who condemned Sturgeon and Calderwood are vociferous Brexit supporters, and express that support at every opportunity.

So I suggest you direct your question to them.

Ok, you couldn’t answer me so I’ll bell Farage later. 

Jeez man, move on for Christ sake. 

1 hour ago, 7by7 said:

Your evidence of this being? I can't find any.

Who rescues migrants in the Channel?

Map showing search and rescue areas

Those picked up in the UK zone will be taken to an English port and those in the French zone to a port in France

24 January 2019 UK starts returning migrants to France to 'deter' Channel boat crossings

Still happening.

21 May 2020 Home Office deporting migrants who cross Channel in small boats

Under the EU's Dublin Regulation, we currently have the right to transfer asylum seekers to their country of first entry to the EU if we can show that they made a claim in that country or any other EU member if they spent an amount of time there rather than merely passing through. 

Of course, from 1st January 2021 we will no longer be bound by any EU regulations and neither will any EU country in regards to us; so we will lose this right.

Yet another Brexit disadvantage labelled 'project fear' by Cummings and his crew when it was brought up in 2016!

Why don’t they stay in France when they arrive from wherever? Is it the fact that the UK offers them an easier life with  more free handouts? Latest figures show that Britain has only returned 6% of those illegal immigrants in 2019. 

• Sad 1

On 5/23/2020 at 8:42 PM, 7by7 said:

Indeed; too little, too late from the incompetent Boris.

He and his master are one trick ponies, and they can't even get that right!

Got any insight why HMG didn't previously implement the OP decision, nor, similar to Australia, no travel from airport to final destination but enforced stay at local hotels etc.

38 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Got any insight why HMG didn't previously implement the OP decision, nor, similar to Australia, no travel from airport to final destination but enforced stay at local hotels etc.

The UK government claim that there was no point introducing it until the numbers were in decline. Where the logic is in that, I've no idea.

• Like 1