Drug touted by Trump to treat COVID-19 linked to higher death risk - study

rooster59

10 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

Do I think Trump woke up one day and decided hydroxychloroquine would help people with covid-19 infections?

yes.  that is exactly what i believe to be the case. 

i suspect he read some mention of the drug on the ticker at the bottom of the screen during fox&friends, and it stuck in his head.  i suspect he went with it, because it's the longest drug name he'd heard so far, so it must be tremendously great.  i suspect during briefings with his experts for the next week, his response to every subject was to inquire about chlor-aquine.  i suspect it aroused a tremendous interest in clor-ox, and other great disinfectants.  and finally, i suspect that is the reason why, on national television, he directed the "experts" to "look into" disinfecting the lungs, like with a cleaning.

Fair enough. I would expect such a belief from an adamant Trump-hater. You have many friends on this forum that will back you up.

15 minutes ago, tropo said:

They should report on it. Nothing wrong with that. It's their obvious bias in the headline that is off putting. I won't read a report with such a headline. I hope you enjoyed it. This thread headline talks about a drug touted by Trump.... BBC took it a step further by calling it a "Trump Drug".

It’s the ‘Trump Drug’ because Trump endorsed it from the WH.

And quite frankly, if it were not the ‘Trump Drug’ you and the other Trump supporting members here would not be going out of your way to defend it against ever mounting scientific evidence that it is ineffective agains COVID-19 and dangerous.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

43 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

How do you actually know that he is taking it ?

Have you seen him drop some of these tablets, or could it be that he is using his words to get his guinea pigs to try it, if it doesn't work, well I am sure he will say, it works fine on him.

Just remember this guy knew what was coming around the corner when he said it was nothing more than a flu, then later he flipped and said, yeh, I knew it was bad, but I was just trying to be a cheerleader because I didn't want people to panic.

In my opinion, people look at leaders with the titles as President or Prime Ministers as some kind of saviours, personally, they are nothing more that real estate agents wearing suits, oh that's right Humpty Trumpty has a background in that doesn't he.

Everyone should do their own research, and think outside the square, especially doctors.

For 4 years there has been an agenda to remove Trump - before he took office. Just using adjectives such as "humpty Trumpty" puts you straight into the box. If you'd said that earlier in your speech I could have saved time and stopped reading.

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, tropo said:

They should report on it. Nothing wrong with that. It's their obvious bias in the headline that is off putting. I won't read a report with such a headline. I hope you enjoyed it. This thread headline talks about a drug touted by Trump.... BBC took it a step further by calling it a "Trump Drug".

"Trump, Medic-in-Chief".... better so?

Edited by Opl
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

Did you manage to keep a straight face when typing 'ALL of his information comes from a distinguished team of experts in all fields of medicine. He hears from the best of the best and has them at his fingertips'?

I'm not sure what specific experts you are refering to but as far as every other expert is concerned, this drug is unproven at best, downright lethal at worse. 

P.S. Love your avatar. That's exactly how I picture you

How straight was your face when you dished up that other nonsense? You have your opinion, I have mine... There are 2 sides here, and we shall disagree.

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, tropo said:

For 4 years there has been an agenda to remove Trump - before he took office. Just using adjectives such as "humpty Trumpty" puts you straight into the box. If you'd said that earlier in your speech I could have saved time and stopped reading.

It’s an election year, to remove any doubt, I’m fully on board the effort to remove Trump.

I do however agree with you on the name calling bit, though I note it is a central plank in Trump’s own abusive comments to those he fears.

I myself take the view that Donald Trump, his name, his politics and his behavior is already an insult to decency, there is no need to alter his name or add anything to it. 

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, tropo said:

using that logic, slightly more than half the country can save time and ignore anything trump says.

why should the opposition care what trump says about "sleepy joe" or "crooked hillary", and why should any other member of the united nations be concerned about what trump has to say about "lil rocketman" and others.

• Like 1

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

It’s an election year, to remove any doubt, I fully on board the effort to remove Trump.

I do however agree with you on the name calling bit, though I note it is a central plank in Trump’s own abusive comments to those he fears.

I myself take the view that Donald Trump, his name, his politics and his behavior is already an insult to decency, there is no need to alter his name or add anything to it. 

Thank you for confirming the information that was clear from your submission. Are you here to convince Trump supporters of something, or just here to vent?

6 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

using that logic, slightly more than half the country can save time and ignore anything trump says.

why should the opposition care what trump says about "sleepy joe" or "crooked hillary", and why should any other member of the united nations be concerned about what trump has to say about "lil rocketman" and others.

I don't find it too difficult to leave out the name calling. In fact, it's one thing about Trump I really dislike. There are many other things too. Just because you support one of two parties doesn't mean you need to be onboard with everything they do or say. Both sides are imperfect and all we can do is choose the one that we THINK will do less harm.

Edited by tropo

28 minutes ago, Phil McCaverty said:

To a Trump supporter. Daily proving him to be a liar, snake oil salesman and mentally challenged. Very annoying.

OK, so the take away here is that you don't like Trump and his supporters, and I don't agree with most of what Trump haters say. So what? We are constantly annoyed at each other, and this sentiment is pervasive through the whole community. It's never going to change and shortly I will take a vacation from this thread and leave all the Trump haters alone so they can pat each other's backs and hate... I broke my rules by commenting in a politically charged thread. My bad.

BTW, I'm an Australian. LOLOL. I look at this from an outsider's perspective.

Edited by tropo

2 minutes ago, tropo said:

I don't find it too difficult to leave out the name calling. In fact, it's one thing about Trump I really dislike. There are many other things too. Just because you support one of two parties doesn't mean you need to be onboard with everything they do or say. Both sides are imperfect and all we can do is choose the one that we THINK will do the less harm.

some don't support either party.

i do agree, sometimes you choose the one that you THINK, at the time, is the lesser of two evils.  for that reason, i checked the box next to "trump" last election.  i was sadly misteaken.

and for that very reason, i must check the box marked "not trump" next election.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

typical big pharma studies to kill a product they cannot make big profits from and to push their miracle vaccine that does not exits but will make one company an instant TRILLION dollar business

Bill gates "saved" one company that never made vaccinations

they are skipping all basic animal trials

compare to hydroxychloroquine

1 pil is active in the body for 21 days 

but for the study:

how old were the patients ?

how many mg hydroxychloroquine was giving per day ?

how sick were the patients before getting it ? already on ventilator = marked TO DIE !

did patients have other chronic conditions ?

so, why does the government not pay for a study, outside BIG PHARMA's greedy reach into studies to see if works or not 

Hydrocloroquine, is manufactured and touted by big pharma and they are hoping to make vast amounts of money from it. Why do you think Trump is touting it?

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, tropo said:

Also the headline is plain factual.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tropo said:

OK, so the take away here is that you don't like Trump and his supporters, and I don't agree with most of what Trump haters say. So what? We are constantly annoyed at each other, and this sentiment is pervasive through the whole community. It's never going to change and shortly I will take vacation from this thread... I broke my rules by commenting in a politically charged thread. My bad.

BTW, I'm an Australian. LOLOL. I look at this from an outsider's perspective.

I'm a Brit and can assure you that it's not just those on this forum that think that Trump is a liar, snake oil salesman and mentally challenged. Most of the world thinks the same. 

We Brits knew all those things long before he was president. We remember how he acted and spoke when he built a golf course in Scotland.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Phil McCaverty said:

I'm a Brit and can assure you that it's not just those on this forum that think that Trump is a liar, snake oil salesman and mentally challenged. Most of the world thinks the same. 

We Brits knew all those things long before he was president. We remember how he acted and spoke when he built a golf course in Scotland.

To call a person that pulled off the impossible "mentally challenged" is ridiculous. A non-politician, businessman winning the presidency is a feat that will likely never be repeated. Didn't he beat 16 strong candidates? I don't understand a non-US citizens like you feeling so emotional about a sitting US president. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

You are allowed your own opinion. You're just not allowed your own facts.

So what you're saying is only your facts are allowed here? I suspected that's the way you feel. How about another comment about avatars and straight faces just to solidify your factual reporting?

Just now, tropo said:

To call a person that pulled off the impossible "mentally challenged" is ridiculous. A non-politician, businessman winning the presidency is a feat that will likely never be repeated. Didn't he beat 16 strong candidates? I don't understand a non-US citizens like you feeling so emotional about a sitting US president. 

I explained why, you just didn't want to hear it.

He did't receive the majority of votes in the US elections. If he'd pulled off the same feat on Brexit, Britain would still be in Europe.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tropo said:

trump has backed out of a nukular treaty that was working.  he's cancelled nukular arms limitations treaties.  the regime has announced we'll be leaving the open skies treaty.

and recent reports, i assume in news sources you don't approve of, are that our current regime is considering the resumption of nukular testing.

they should be emotional.

• Like 2

I explained why, you just didn't want to hear it.

He did't receive the majority of votes in the US elections. If he'd pulled off the same feat on Brexit, Britain would still be in Europe.

I heard it... you became emotional, and a Trump hater after some incident over a golf course. Don't be too concerned about the Electoral College voting system. It can happen in Australia too... called electorates, but the same deal. You get used to it.

8 minutes ago, tropo said:

So what you're saying is only your facts are allowed here? I suspected that's the way you feel. How about another comment about avatars and straight faces just to solidify your factual reporting?

What he's saying is that only facts are allowed here. Not "your facts" or "my facts", just facts. And certainly not extreme right wing rhetorical tub thumping.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

trump has backed out of a nukular treaty that was working.  he's cancelled nukular arms limitations treaties.  the regime has announced we'll be leaving the open skies treaty.

and recent reports, i assume in news sources you don't approve of, are that our current regime is considering the resumption of nukular testing.

they should be emotional.

There's no need to stress out because nothing can be changed until the next election unless you're planning impeachment #2.

The Democrats need to get their own house in order and try to win. They are doing exceptionally poorly right now.

What he's saying is that only facts are allowed here. Not "your facts" or "my facts", just facts. And certainly not extreme right wing rhetorical tub thumping.

I know exactly what he is saying. Are you now his spokesman, or are you just buddies?

1 minute ago, tropo said:

I heard it... you became emotional, and a Trump hater after some incident over a golf course. Don't be too concerned about the Electoral College voting system. It can happen in Australia too... called electorates, but the same deal. You get used to it.

Not emotional just in possession of the facts. Try it sometime. Try Googling "Trump builds a golf course in Scotland", Tales of broken promises, political bribery, skulduggery and lots and lots of thuggery.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, tropo said:

There's no need to stress out because nothing can be changed until the next election unless you're planning impeachment #2.

The Democrats need to get their own house in order and try to win. They are doing exceptionally poorly right now.

Whoo! Deflection alert! You really have studied Trump and his political methods.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

And quite frankly, if it were not the ‘Trump Drug’ you and the other Trump supporting members here would not be going out of your way to defend it against ever mounting scientific evidence that it is ineffective agains COVID-19 and dangerous.

"The Trump drug" what nonsense, your letting your political views cloud reality, Fauzi used to promote it, if you care to research the truth!

Trump is the most protected human on earth, bar none, does anyone actually believe he would be allowed to take something that was going to harm him?

• Confused 1