Drug touted by Trump to treat COVID-19 linked to higher death risk - study

rooster59

Just now, CGW said:

"The Trump drug" what nonsense, your letting your political views cloud reality, Fauzi used to promote it, if you care to research the truth!

Trump is the most protected human on earth, bar none, does anyone actually believe he would be allowed to take something that was going to harm him?

Have you got a shred of evidence that he actually has taken it?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Phil McCaverty said:

Have you got a shred of evidence that he actually has taken it?

nobody has because he's not taking it... all part of marketing stunt

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Shocked said:

Fake News. Liberal Anti-Trump BS. This drug as been used for 50 years. How funny. You sheep will believe anything. 

It cures all diseases (including ingrown toenails) and prolongs life indefinitely.

Edited by Opl
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, tropo said:

Thank you for confirming the information that was clear from your submission. Are you here to convince Trump supporters of something, or just here to vent?

‘Convince Trump supporters’.

What on earth are you on about?

I’m happy to call out their head shuffling as they try to stay on message with the stream of lies Trump feeds them.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, smedly said:

this article is misleading 

It deals specifically with those already infected and severely ill with CV-19 and shows that it offers nothing towards fighting the disease and puts patients already ill at higher risk - quite understandable

However - there are also some studies that show it helps to prevent infection and stops people getting very ill if taken with Zinc, I am not saying it does or doesn't but this why Trump is taking it - not as a treatment if already infected but to prevent infection

so the article headline is nonsense  

PS - it is worth looking into Vitamin D3 for those interested 

How can you say it helps prevent infection? Did someone conduct

a trial where some patients took the Q drug and others had placebo's

and then all exposed to the virus?

How many people, besides the president have taken it and how regularly?

Trump himself says he has been taken it for a week, "almost every day"

which in itself is an odd way to approach a course of medication.

• Like 1

HCQ probably is effective if given early enough with Zinc. It acts as an ionophore allowing the zinc into the cells. But there are concerns with it causing heart arrhythmia. 

For patients that are critical there will be better treatments found such as Leronlimab.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, tropo said:

I see the BBC is getting in on the anti-Trump agenda too. The drug been around for 65 years, when Trump was 8 years old. The BBC need a piece of him too. The article is not worth reading due to its obvious political bias. I don't read or view anything from CNN and some others, so I now have to add BBC to the list.

BBC should focus on their own domestic Covid-19 disaster - currently the worst in the world.

Aunty Beeb has been shedding readers and viewers like autumn leaves for years for its biased coverage of current events.

Less than half of Britons (44%) now say they trust the BBC to tell the truth despite its public charter to remain politically neutral. This is a fall of seven percentage points since October.

And the rest of the UK mass media isn't exactly covering itself with glory, with increasing numbers of people turning to social media and alternative online news channels.  

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/articles-reports/2019/12/16/do-britons-trust-press

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, rabas said:

No zinc.

Here are new papers begging these studies to include zinc. Why was it not included? Zinc's ability to fight coronavirus has been know for more than a decade.

June 1 (release date) suggests current studies add zinc

https://www.unboundmedicine.com/medline/citation/32335560/Improving_the_efficacy_of_Chloroquine_and_Hydroxychloroquine_against_SARS-CoV-2_may_require_Zinc_additives_-_A_better_synergy_for_future_COVID-19_clinical_trials.

April 6 2020
https://www.preprints.org/manuscript/202004.0124/v1

But granted, it's complicated.  SARS-CoV-2 may be different in ways that are not yet understood.

Oh thanks.  I knew someone on here would find a way to show that Mr Trump is not wrong (again).  Just another misunderstanding eh 

Edited by ThaiFelix
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Shocked said:

Fake News. Liberal Anti-Trump BS. This drug as been used for 50 years. How funny. You sheep will believe anything. 

Not for Covid. The jury is still out as to the drugs suitability for general use as protection against Covid infection. trump will have instant call out 24/7 for expert medical support, hardly surprising for him to claim he feels safe using the stuff.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mavideol said:

one has to wonder what (financial) interests he (or his allies) has on that specific product as he vehemently keeps pushing it forward

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/the-french-connection-trump-family-trusts-are-invested-in-hydroxychloroquine-maker/ar-BB12he2q?ocid=sf2

Rudy also has two million invested in a manufacturer as well.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, tropo said:

There's no need to stress out because nothing can be changed until the next election unless you're planning impeachment #2.

The Democrats need to get their own house in order and try to win. They are doing exceptionally poorly right now.

let's not stress out while mr. president tears up more treaties.

don't worry, the russians won't mind if we move nukular missiles to poland. should be no concern if our navy starts shooting down persian boats. not a chance that nato might get drawn into another war. unthinkable that one of our regime-change targets might strike back. america is far away surrounded by big oceans.  europe is a soft target.

i'm sure europe would just love another wave of immigration.

it's not the next six months that is most concerning.  it's the three months of lame-duck presidency where trump will need to cement his "legacy" that will be the most dangerous.

i gave the man-child the benefit of the doubt when i read that after his first nukular briefing, he asked "why do we have nukular bombs if we can't use them?"  i figured just anonymous sources trying to discredit him.  i figured he meant "why waste money on weapons we could never use?"  he's proven me wrong, with "torture works", and lung disinfectant.  he's dangerous.

Edited by ChouDoufu
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, earlinclaifornia said:

I think the interest, if any, is really small. The original news on this has been debunked, https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/trump-profit-hydroxychloroquine/

Edited by stevenl

3 hours ago, shy coconut said:

How can you say it helps prevent infection?

learn how to read 

I said there have been reports 

my main point was about the misleading headline and content of the article - if you get it then that is your problem

13 minutes ago, smedly said:

learn how to read 

I said there have been reports 

my main point was about the misleading headline and content of the article - if you get it then that is your problem

11 minutes ago, smedly said:

exactly my point, how has that got anything to do with Trump 

Still looking forward to those reports.

Trump touted it without any proof, ignoring medical advice.

Edited by stevenl
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, earlinclaifornia said:

what about the TOP man of health in bed with bill gates and sure to make billions if not TRILLIONS to make this magical vaccine ...

sars has a vaccine ? they had 18 years ?

mers has a vaccine ?

hiv has a vaccine ?

cancer has a vaccine ?

herpes has a vaccine ?