Drug touted by Trump to treat COVID-19 linked to higher death risk - study

rooster59

6 hours ago, Phil McCaverty said:

Hydrocloroquine, is manufactured and touted by big pharma and they are hoping to make vast amounts of money from it. Why do you think Trump is touting it?

it cost in generic form, less than 10$

effects & side effects know

what about vaccine ?  RNA / DNA from aborted foetus, animals, formaldehyde, aluminium, polysorbate, msg, etc...

17 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Still looking forward to those reports.

Trump touted it without any proof, ignoring medical advice.

I assume you have access to the internet and a search engine

I believe there are several posted on this thread which I haven't looked at

are you an able person

26 minutes ago, smedly said:

I assume you have access to the internet and a search engine

I believe there are several posted on this thread which I haven't looked at

are you an able person

You're not making any sense.

Trump touted it as a covid-19 medication, so the article is correct, as is the headline.

There is no research which concludes that hydroxychloroquine is an effective prophylaxis.

None of your points stick except as alternative facts.

Edited by stevenl
  • Like 2

He is not normal anyway, and the dose for genius is 25 times bigger... Make him swallow the biggest dose, he deserves it... Hopefully his republican sheep follow his stupid actions, so usa has a chance to become reasonably civilized again...

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

it cost in generic form, less than 10$

effects & side effects know

what about vaccine ?  RNA / DNA from aborted foetus, animals, formaldehyde, aluminium, polysorbate, msg, etc...

Its cost has quadrupled since Trump started touting it. The vaccine produced by Oxford University is made from the common cold virus. No RNA / DNA from aborted foetus, animals, formaldehyde, aluminium, polysorbate, msg, included. MSG? If it were in a vaccine, it would be completely harmless.

The only place that you would find that list of ingredients is in a McDonalds burger.

Oy vey!

Edited by Phil McCaverty
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, candide said:

It looks like Trumpers are changing their arguments. For weeks, they have been claiming HCQ benefits for treating the disease. Now that negative evidence is being accumulated, they switch to possible prevention benefits (which still remains a valid hypothesis).

We can expect a new wave of  posts trying to explain us that Trump has never touted this drug as a treatment, only for prevention! ????

Happened already, see posts claiming the headline is incorrect since Trump was taking it as prevention.

10 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Happened already, see posts claiming the headline is incorrect since Trump was taking it as prevention.

I know. He's likely an 'early indicator' of the next wave. Instructions will soon follow.

8 hours ago, tropo said:

To call a person that pulled off the impossible "mentally challenged" is ridiculous. A non-politician, businessman winning the presidency is a feat that will likely never be repeated. Didn't he beat 16 strong candidates? I don't understand a non-US citizens like you feeling so emotional about a sitting US president. 

You have admitted you are an Australian and are being very emotional trying to defend Trump, admitting  that you wont read publications that attack him. Then you have the audacity to say that you do not understand why a non US citizen can feel so emotional.

Can you even remember what you previously posted?

Edited Typo.

Edited by Throatwobbler
  • Like 2

It's hilarious when you think about it. Hydroxychloroquine has been around for 65 years. It's even prescribed to pregnant women. Suddenly, after Trump touts it as a tool to fight the Chinese virus, we're finding out it's actually horrible? Pathetic. But funny as heck, too.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, johnnybangkok said:

As usual, you are missing the point. Whether hydroxychloroquine does/does not help with Covid (and the article we are discussing seems to say it doesn't) it is irresponsible for any prominant leader, never mind the leader of the free world to advocate it's use without proper scientific verification of it's effectiveness. We understand it can exacerbate problems for some with pre-existing conditions so to tout this as some sort of cure is not only irresponsible, it's downright negligent. 

Why can't Trump fans understand this? He has a responsibility to ALL Americans and needs to follow professional advice in matters he is neither qualified nor equiped to handle.  

I reject your assertion that there is only one point to be made and that the point must be the one you prefer. Furthermore, virtually any medication can exacerbate other conditions. If we followed your logic, we couldn't take any medications ever.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Crazy Alex said:

It's hilarious when you think about it. Hydroxychloroquine has been around for 65 years. It's even prescribed to pregnant women. Suddenly, after Trump touts it as a tool to fight the Chinese virus, we're finding out it's actually horrible? Pathetic. But funny as heck, too.

So:  millions of people - without malaria - should take the risk of this drug's heavy side effects and so deliberately chose to worsen their health condition betting to avoid COVID-19 infection.. a benefit that is not even guaranteed - is that Trump's deal?

1 minute ago, Opl said:

So:  millions of people - without malaria - should take the risk of this drug's heavy side effects and so deliberately chose to worsen their health condition betting to avoid COVID-19 infection.. a benefit that is not even guaranteed - is that Trump's deal?

I don't recall that being said or implied. Please enlighten me.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, jordanmarcinkus said:

Remember last November when Trump had an unscheduled medical checkup?

Trump says he's in 'very good' health after unscheduled medical checkup

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/nov/17/donald-trump-visits-hospital-for-unscheduled-two-hour-medical-checkup

It's now May and he still hasn't finished his regular yearly checkup.

6 months on, Trump hasn't completed his physical. The White House won't say why.

It’s been more than six months since President Donald Trump claimed to have started his annual physical at Walter Reed hospital but the White House is declining to explain why he has yet to complete the yearly doctor’s examination...

A president’s annual physical typically occurs at the beginning of a new year... It is uncommon for a president to complete a routine physical exam months apart and in multiple stages.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-house/white-house-remains-mum-questions-about-trump-s-annual-physical-n1213266

How likely is it that his physician would approve of his taking this medication? Especially given that his last medical checkup already showed signs of heart disease.

Seriously, this sounds like quite a conspiracy you've uncovered. I am satisfied with Trump and his doctors handling his health care and have found no reason to question these health care professionals.

1 minute ago, Crazy Alex said:

Seriously, this sounds like quite a conspiracy you've uncovered. I am satisfied with Trump and his doctors handling his health care and have found no reason to question these health care professionals.

You don't seem to have much reason to question anything when it comes to Trump.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Crazy Alex said:

OK, so Trump is taking a medication for which the FDA has not approved its purpose. Now what, especially many doctors agree it is helpful?

How about he just shuts up and stops telling a nation that it's helpful in preventing/curing covid? He can do what he wants to himself (which he obviously does with his fast food diet) but when he puts others at risk that's where the problem is. Why can't you see that?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

How about he just shuts up and stops telling a nation that it's helpful in preventing/curing covid? He can do what he wants to himself (which he obviously does with his fast food diet) but when he puts others at risk that's where the problem is. Why can't you see that?

Why can't you see we have the First Amendment and everyone has freedom of speech? Your desire for him to shut up is completely meaningless, without merit, against one of the most important founding principles and quite frankly very childish.

Now, tell me how Trump taking any medication puts others at risk. Here, let me answer for you. It doesn't. Not only do we have freedom of speech, we have the freedom of choice. That includes whether or not to ______________________________.

Edited by Crazy Alex

26 minutes ago, rabas said:

Millions of people around the world (millions) take chloroquine - without malaria -  some take it for years, not stop, because it prevents malaria. It is  a prophylactic.

And it has nothing to do with Trump.

As the risk of getting malaria while living in the US or Europe... is very low if not null, and if this drug is'nt proven effective against COVID-19, the side effects overwhelm the benefits... So Trump touting the "miracle drug", a "gift from God".. a "game changer"...is encouraging his followers to bet at their own risks ( "what do you have to lose?")    

Edited by Opl
  • Like 2