BANGKOK
rooster59

Drug touted by Trump to treat COVID-19 linked to higher death risk - study

6 hours ago, Phil McCaverty said:

Hydrocloroquine, is manufactured and touted by big pharma and they are hoping to make vast amounts of money from it. Why do you think Trump is touting it?

it cost in generic form, less than 10$

effects & side effects know

what about vaccine ?  RNA / DNA from aborted foetus, animals, formaldehyde, aluminium, polysorbate, msg, etc...

17 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Still looking forward to those reports.

Trump touted it without any proof, ignoring medical advice.

I assume you have access to the internet and a search engine

I believe there are several posted on this thread which I haven't looked at

are you an able person

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, smedly said:

I assume you have access to the internet and a search engine

I believe there are several posted on this thread which I haven't looked at

are you an able person

You're not making any sense.

Trump touted it as a covid-19 medication, so the article is correct, as is the headline.

There is no research which concludes that hydroxychloroquine is an effective prophylaxis.

None of your points stick except as alternative facts.

Edited by stevenl
  • Like 2

He is not normal anyway, and the dose for genius is 25 times bigger... Make him swallow the biggest dose, he deserves it... Hopefully his republican sheep follow his stupid actions, so usa has a chance to become reasonably civilized again...

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

it cost in generic form, less than 10$

effects & side effects know

what about vaccine ?  RNA / DNA from aborted foetus, animals, formaldehyde, aluminium, polysorbate, msg, etc...

Its cost has quadrupled since Trump started touting it. The vaccine produced by Oxford University is made from the common cold virus. No RNA / DNA from aborted foetus, animals, formaldehyde, aluminium, polysorbate, msg, included. MSG? If it were in a vaccine, it would be completely harmless.

The only place that you would find that list of ingredients is in a McDonalds burger.

Oy vey!

Edited by Phil McCaverty
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, candide said:

It looks like Trumpers are changing their arguments. For weeks, they have been claiming HCQ benefits for treating the disease. Now that negative evidence is being accumulated, they switch to possible prevention benefits (which still remains a valid hypothesis).

We can expect a new wave of  posts trying to explain us that Trump has never touted this drug as a treatment, only for prevention! 😁

Happened already, see posts claiming the headline is incorrect since Trump was taking it as prevention.

10 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Happened already, see posts claiming the headline is incorrect since Trump was taking it as prevention.

I know. He's likely an 'early indicator' of the next wave. Instructions will soon follow.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, tropo said:

To call a person that pulled off the impossible "mentally challenged" is ridiculous. A non-politician, businessman winning the presidency is a feat that will likely never be repeated. Didn't he beat 16 strong candidates? I don't understand a non-US citizens like you feeling so emotional about a sitting US president. 

You have admitted you are an Australian and are being very emotional trying to defend Trump, admitting  that you wont read publications that attack him. Then you have the audacity to say that you do not understand why a non US citizen can feel so emotional.

Can you even remember what you previously posted?

Edited Typo.

Edited by Throatwobbler
  • Like 2

It's hilarious when you think about it. Hydroxychloroquine has been around for 65 years. It's even prescribed to pregnant women. Suddenly, after Trump touts it as a tool to fight the Chinese virus, we're finding out it's actually horrible? Pathetic. But funny as heck, too.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Crazy Alex said:

It's hilarious when you think about it. Hydroxychloroquine has been around for 65 years. It's even prescribed to pregnant women. Suddenly, after Trump touts it as a tool to fight the Chinese virus, we're finding out it's actually horrible? Pathetic. But funny as heck, too.

Out of 60.000 american patients with Lupus and/or rheumatoid illnesses only 20 tested positive for Covid 19. 

Some take it as long as 30 years.

Now this fact is not a study about prevention of Covid19 but a strong hint on how to prevent it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, johnnybangkok said:

As usual, you are missing the point. Whether hydroxychloroquine does/does not help with Covid (and the article we are discussing seems to say it doesn't) it is irresponsible for any prominant leader, never mind the leader of the free world to advocate it's use without proper scientific verification of it's effectiveness. We understand it can exacerbate problems for some with pre-existing conditions so to tout this as some sort of cure is not only irresponsible, it's downright negligent. 

Why can't Trump fans understand this? He has a responsibility to ALL Americans and needs to follow professional advice in matters he is neither qualified nor equiped to handle.  

I reject your assertion that there is only one point to be made and that the point must be the one you prefer. Furthermore, virtually any medication can exacerbate other conditions. If we followed your logic, we couldn't take any medications ever.

• Like 1