BANGKOK
rooster59

Covid plus lack of democracy ‘spells disaster’ for Thailand

Award this man the bravery award of the century. A true patriot. Yes the silken suit crew all born destroyers. Anti farang monsters. Hell bent on destroying the economy and the lower end citizens lives. Happiness to who ? 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

Well spoken words and in my eyes some kind of a solution if it ever happens . But to celabrate something that didn't bring any change in 6 years is a bit over the top i think . 

Not over the top done nothing but steal

Not sure democracy is a great idea for a population that already demonstrates an inability to manage money responsibly. Would probably end up like Greece, the home of democracy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Surasak said:

Only one minister among the [UK] cabinet is a qualified scientist

I was rather stumped as to who that might be.  Lots of people with legal degrees or backgrounds in PPE.  I had to look it up:  The Rt. Hon. Thérèse Coffey MP.

The next question then, who on earth is she?

• Haha 1

if you kill the economy over LESS DEATHS in 4 months for a virus that kills less people on the roads DAILY ...

reality is:  everybody will & must get over with this virus, that is called HERD immunity

but if the "shepard of the country" is dumb as rocks

• Sad 1

Colour coded face mask to match the rest of his attire you couldn’t make it up could you

• Like 1

8 hours ago, lovinglife said:

If only Professor Anusorn were PM. Wise words. 

Very true as nothing has changed for Thai working people in fact worse and as usual rich get richer and the workers on the streets in food lines no doubt. 

4 hours ago, billd766 said:

Did you read the title of the thread? Did you understand that the article was all about Thailand and written by a Thai? 

Did you understand that back in 2019 that there was an election and that the results were fudged by the EC so that the current government could be elected (even though the PM wasn't)? Did you understand that the EC banned a political opposition party and that since the election they have been deliberately targeting the former leader of the FFP with any offence that they can make up and fly?

Do you understand that under previous civilian governments the senate was an elected body but under this one there was no election, no transparency and no accountability?

And you talk of bias.

As true as gold, ...but only a part of the senate was elected then (and now not at all, for the newcomers) while the Shins' party (when Poo Yingluck did her PM inpersonation) wanted it all elected BUT authorizing family members and married couples in both Parliament and Senate.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, rooster59 said:

The 2014 coup-makers led by then-Army chief Prayut Chan-o-cha vowed to implement changes that would halt corruption and heal the political divide.

typical promises made by any/all politicians when they want to get elected (I know, I know he was not elected) or they want to grab/steal the power ..... and absolutely no intention of implementing

• Like 2

imo covid exposed a lot more wrong in supposedly progressive 1st world countries, especially those that tax it's citizens to the extreme for societal benefit yet provide a substandard return for the funds..

Not my government, not my country.  Sure, I hope Thailand returns to the rule of law, and some form of democracy.  But for me, just want a fair Baht price, so I can live a good retirement here.

• Like 2

Just now, Isaan sailor said:

Not my government, not my country.  Sure, I hope Thailand returns to the rule of law, and some form of democracy.  But for me, just want a fair Baht price, so I can live a good retirement here.

am with you man

• Thanks 1