Chiang Mai: Next destination for JC Airlines

geovalin

While many carriers around the globe have gone bankrupt or are struggling financially, there is one airline company in Cambodia that is currently expanding its reach amid the COVID-19 pandemic. TTR Weekly reported yesterday that JC Airlines will soon fly direct to Chiang Mai, one of Thailand’s most popular tourist destinations.

Currently, there are no direct flights between Cambodia and Chiang Mai. People from Cambodia who want to visit Chiang Mai need to go through a Bangkok layover before arriving at the popular northern Thailand city. JC Airlines will reportedly start flying to Chiang Mai on July 3.

According to the company, JC Airlines will fly from Phnom Penh to Chiang Mai and back two times a week. However, the company did not mention the type of aircraft that will service the route, but it would likely be an Airbus A320 jetliner because JC Airlines operates a fleet of A320 aircraft.

read more https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50725785/chiang-mai-next-destination-for-jc-airlines/

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wpcoe said:

What are the odds that Thailand will be open to incoming international passengers by July 3?

Maybe JC Airlines has "inside" information we are not "privy" to! The airline has 5 A320-200 aircraft (as at August 2019). Albeit only 2 flights a week, it is nice to see direct flights to Chiang Mai from Phnom Penh. Pity there are no flights planned from Siem Reap, however Air Asia's "Fly Thru" service from SRP via DMK to CNX is good.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, phantomfiddler said:

I like it, put your faith in J.C. Airlines ? Don,t we always ?

i have never flown with them, but I have flown from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap with Bassaka Air, another Cambodian airline which is not a budget one. It was excellent on an A320-200 Airbus with cabin service.

On 5/24/2020 at 8:43 PM, wpcoe said:

What are the odds that Thailand will be open to incoming international passengers by July 3?

16 hours ago, AgMech Cowboy said:

90%

I'll take those odds.  I've got a flight booked to Thailand in early July and would be quite happy if you're correct.

Yesterday, I tried to book a return ticket with Air Asia (Fly-Thru) Siem Reap - Chiang Mai for NOVEMBER 2020. The booking format was available but when I "hit" the search button "nothing". Whether the airline's online booking system was down or not knowing when international flights could start - I have no idea!! Still, plenty of time to try later.