BANGKOK
geovalin

95 years bedridden with non-imm visa

If he has a family, his family can do the extension with a doc's certificate. If he does not have any family, a care taker can do it with a doctor's certificate.

30 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It does not have to be a caretaker. It can be anybody with his permission.

Some of us use an agent (the legit variety) to make sure our t's are crossed, and are oriented correctly on the forms -- then accompany us to Immigration. But I've yet to see any of these agents advertise an invalid (accent on third syllable) service. But Joe's comment certainly implies such a service would be available from these agents. Need to confirm, as that would give me and the wife some peace of mind.

Edited by JimGant

@geovalin

If he has staff to take care of him. There shouldn't be a problem in putting him on a wheelchair and driving him to immigration office.

• Sad 3

Maybe it would be a good idea to contact his embassy you mentioned France maybe they could help or offer assistance. Anyone who reaches his age is nearing the top of the stairway to heaven I wish him well even if he goes on overstay they the IO are not going to throw him in prison allow him to enjoy his last months living out his life without the worry of ha I gotta to renew a stamp in his passport 

I always used an agent to renew a retirement extension. I never stepped foot inside immigration in Jomtien. Went to the agent's premises, dropped off required documents, picked up passport (with extension) the next day.

What are the cost of using an Agent in Pattaya to do a 1 year Retirement Visa and which ones especially as I wont have the required funds in the Bank as Divorce in UK has totally drained and thai GF scammed and when I tried suing her through a English speaking friend (Farang) of a Pattaya Lawyer. He did not do the work nor refund me? I would love to mention his name but Thai laws may forbid this even though he is not Thai! Thanks

Edited by paulgosal

I am sure that the exception to apply in person can be waived under the circumstances

BUT one year extensions based on retirement are not part of the amnesty !!

Please take note everybody they still must be done on time.

An agent would fix this in a heartbeat

Good Luck to the Gentlman

16 minutes ago, toolpush said:

I always used an agent to renew a retirement extension. I never stepped foot inside immigration in Jomtien. Went to the agent's premises, dropped off required documents, picked up passport (with extension) the next day.

"dropped off required documents"

In my case they are documents obtain at the Austrian Consulate Pattaya.

If an agent can do that for me, I will gladly use his services, if I have to go by myself and bring the documents to the agent, I can than as well bring the documents to Immigration.

23 minutes ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

why knows what the government will do, more months of lockdown, extension of amnesty possible ?

Amnesty or whatever people call them is NOT applicable to yearly extensions.  @ubonjoe has given him spot on advice 

• Like 1

Aren't there agents for these kind of cases? Pretty sure any visa extension can be handled by an agent...all depends whether you have the money, or are willing to pay for it.

1 hour ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

why knows what the government will do, more months of lockdown, extension of amnesty possible ?

If the borders still aren't open in July or beyond that, or, more likely, the criteria needed to travel is still stringent, I expect an extension of the amnesty, but probably only for 1-2 more months rather than 3. I don't see this crisis continuing beyond that, particularly when we are already seeing reports of countries about to open up limited travel in June, and airlines resuming normal services in July.

However, the OP isn't affected either way, since he needs an extension of stay, not a visa extension.