95 years bedridden with non-imm visa

On 5/23/2020 at 9:03 AM, geovalin said:

My 95 years old friend is now bedridden.

Lets be honest, if one is living in Thailand without a partner, and they reach such a ripe old age (envy for a lot of us). They certainly should not be in Thailand, but should be making arrangements to spend their twilight years back in their home country.

Feel sorry for the chap as he is likely to fall through the cracks, but that is the one thing i'd be personally telling them if in your shoes, for the sake of their mental and physical health in the event they screw up somewhere on their visa's or monetary or health issues.

20 hours ago, Chris.B said:

Geovalin,

Form TM7 (one year extension application) states...

1. ผู้ขอจะต้องยื่นคาขออนุญาตด้วยตนเอง
APPLICANT MUST SUBMIT THE APPLICATION IN PERSON
เว้นแต่ ผู้ป่วยหรือผู้พิการที่ไม่สามารถมายื่นด้วยตนเองได้
WITH THE EXCEPTIONS OF HANDICAPPED PATIENTS OR PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES

"WITH THE EXCEPTIONS OF Sick Person OR HANDICAPPED PATIENTS OR PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES"

Not sure if you missed it or your reading skill is poor, but you missed out "sick person" clearly mentioned in the Thai version.

5 minutes ago, saakura said:

Not sure if you missed it or your reading skill is poor, but you missed out "sick person" clearly mentioned in the Thai version.

It is what is shown on the form in English not his translation of it.

Ask immigration about their translation of it.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, JimGant said:

But Joe's comment certainly implies such a service would be available from these agents.

You didn't imply an agent, he said anybody with their permission.

I do 3 extension applications each year on behalf of foreigners with disabilities.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JimGant said:

But Joe's comment certainly implies such a service would be available from these agents.

Did I miss something... didn’t recall an agent mentioned. I reckon

a persons friend could be a agent if he was a friend for fee...

On 5/23/2020 at 8:50 AM, jayboy said:

Agreed but this does not apply to the gentleman who is the subject of this thread who has made sure he has the financial resources, insurance cover and support network to allow him to spend his days in a country like Thailand. The concern is a minor practical one relating to Immigration Department administration which, as has been shown, can easily be sorted out.

There are however many other elderly expatriates who, whether through their own fecklessness or some other reason, are not in the same position.So your advice is very relevant to late middle aged expatriates of limited financial resources who have the chance to forestall disaster now.In most cases that means going home.Most however will not.

Spot on!

9 hours ago, paulgosal said:

What are the cost of using an Agent in Pattaya to do a 1 year Retirement Visa and which ones especially as I wont have the required funds in the Bank as Divorce in UK has totally drained and thai GF scammed and when I tried suing her through a English speaking friend (Farang) of a Pattaya Lawyer. He did not do the work nor refund me? I would love to mention his name but Thai laws may forbid this even though he is not Thai! Thanks

Make your own seperate post/topic for this ?

On 5/23/2020 at 3:05 PM, colinneil said:

Whats different about being bedridden here than anywhere else?

I have been bedridden here, got a lot better help/ treatment than i would have back in the UK.

DONT KNOCK SOMETHING YOU HAVE NOT EXPERIENCED.

Well said Colin.

• Like 1

On 5/25/2020 at 11:27 AM, Gandtee said:
On 5/23/2020 at 3:05 PM, colinneil said:

Whats different about being bedridden here than anywhere else?

I have been bedridden here, got a lot better help/ treatment than i would have back in the UK.

DONT KNOCK SOMETHING YOU HAVE NOT EXPERIENCED.

Well said Colin.

Your choice and good for you. Mine would be to be in my home country where I can communicate clearly with folks around me in plain clear English, colloquial or otherwise; function in a system that I'm familiar with, medical, legal, social or otherwise. My guess is that a lot of folks would want that too, given the best of circumstances. Emphasis on "best."

Edited by watthong

On 5/24/2020 at 6:29 PM, BritTim said:

There can be reasons to be in home country if you have family or close friends to look after you. Otherwise, Thailand is one of the very best places in the world to be as an elderly person in poor health. The idea of being in a UK care home makes me shudder.

Me too.