Former Miss Thailand is new weekend Covid-19 spokeswoman - "Dr Bum" brings glamor and expertise

rooster59

9 hours ago, oxforddon said:

That nickname is pronounced more like "Bam" than "Bum" by Thais .....

Or like "Bomb." My niece's husband has a niece in Kalasin with that nickname. 

9 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

I am not sure I'd want to go by the nickname "Dr Bum", especially not if I have become a spokesperson for the government and, thus, have a relatively high international profile, being featured in the English-language media.

And judging from the OP pics, "Dr Boob" probably was not an option. 

Well there was a recent P M who was called Poo

Just think of the possibilities for comedians around the world  :cheesy:

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, phkauf said:

Stupid nickname comments aside, She runs a Beauty Clinic!!! Isn't there anyone somewhat more qualified in public health, maybe a doctor that would ACTUALLY treat Wuhan Virus patients, available for this position? Thailand just continues to step in dog-poo every chance it gets. 

Heck they could get a qualified physician to give updates and put a Pretty in a bikini on the stage as well if this is what Anutin wants. 

But I guess we'll get more restrictions based on junk science and who the heck knows what else. Thailand is a laughing stock at this point, while Vietnam has taken the crisis seriously and now is back to full normal again. This while Vietnam's medical system is maybe 20 years behind Thailand. They do have far fewer beauty clinics and weight loss centers - probably because the women are naturally pretty.

If Thailand is laughing stock in this pandemic, what about your UK sweden USA where people die drom covid like valueless animal???

Be careful about what you are making fun of , seem like you are making fun of yourself. 

Edited by Ratchsima
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Ratchsima said:

You making fun of her name displaying your immaturity. You just support this long - time steryotype of farang in Thailand as loser.

These doctors you made fun of at least can save your life here in Thailand during covid19. You are not even on par with her level of expertise and importance. Know your low insignifican position here.

Be thanksful that you are here or els go back to 10% covid death rate country. go!!

Is she a doctor?  ????

15 hours ago, Grumpy John said:

After getting a diagnosis from the absolute hottest doctor ever at PhiChit a couple of months back. She doesn't rate a second look.... 

Linky please from the hospital website....Their dentists are pretty hot

https://sites.google.com/view/hosp-opd-service012d/ทนตแพทย

Edited by jimmyswale

21 hours ago, oxforddon said:

That nickname is pronounced more like "Bam" than "Bum" by Thais .....

My wife uses the nickname "Bum". She pronounces it as "Boom" Her brother has "Jum" as a nickname, he pronounces his as "Joom".

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ratchsima said:

If Thailand is laughing stock in this pandemic, what about your UK sweden USA where people die drom covid like valueless animal???

Be careful about what you are making fun of , seem like you are making fun of yourself. 

So you ACTUALLY believe the numbers, the government feeds you?

Congratulations you have a functioning blindfold and I have a used car to sell you!

Edited by The Barmbeker
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

So, given the posts above....

Is it BUM, BAM or BOOM?  Or some interesting combination of any of the three together?

Something like Boom Bam Bum?

I consulted with the Thai wife... After doing some checking, she came back with the opinion of the Thai pronunciation being closer "BOOM"!

Post removed.

English is the only acceptable language anywhere on ThaiVisa including Classifieds, except within the Thai language forum, where of course using Thai is allowed. Short Thai translation of technical terms is permitted in specialty forums.