Former Miss Thailand is new weekend Covid-19 spokeswoman - "Dr Bum" brings glamor and expertise

rooster59

7 hours ago, phkauf said:

With a single digit new infection rate for almost two weeks, it's completely insane the country remains at a State of Emergency, businesses remain closed and highly restricted to operate, and peoples' livelihood's are destroyed. Come to my neighborhood to see all the empty stores on what was a thriving street - these are ALL local Thai shops that are closed for good. The owners lost all their investment, plus I'm sure a lot more to the loan sharks. While here you can see all the proud, but desperate people trying to find a way to make some money to pay for food and rent. This is in the center of Bangkok!

Yes the Thai Government is a laughing stock for needlessly destroying the economy, pushing scores of people into poverty to fight a virus, which if you believe their number, has killed fewer people than normally die in road accidents a typical weekend day.

Thailand gradually open up the economy with logic and cares.Dont you see the all departmeng store ,golf course, gym, restaurant etc. are coming back for business.

Yes, from the views of plain Jane average Joe lije you ,you can see the hardship of Thai people in daily life which is not a big picture.

But from the bird eyes view,Thai economy contract 1.8% on q1 . while US and Eeropr contract 4-5% contract, plus out-of-control virus crisis and people die like flies droping.

Forget about stupid pride, Thai people and doctors are not childish and stubborn enough to think about pride in this crisis like this. It is more of safety and surviving. I think prople in the west are the one with too much stupid pride and stubborn and that is why they are disastrous in this pandemic and you keep hearing the dumb theories and policies coming out from the west weekly like herd immunity, injecting of dettol to kill covid, people protesting stay at home policy. \What the hell are they thinking and doing over there???

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Ratchsima said:

Thailand gradually open up the economy with logic and cares.Dont you see the all departmeng store ,golf course, gym, restaurant etc. are coming back for business.

Yes, from the views of plain Jane average Joe lije you ,you can see the hardship of Thai people in daily life which is not a big picture.

But from the bird eyes view,Thai economy contract 1.8% on q1 . while US and Eeropr contract 4-5% contract, plus out-of-control virus crisis and people die like flies droping.

Forget about stupid pride, Thai people and doctors are not childish and stubborn enough to think about pride in this crisis like this. It is more of safety and surviving. I think prople in the west are the one with too much stupid pride and stubborn and that is why they are disastrous in this pandemic and you keep hearing the dumb theories and policies coming out from the west weekly like herd immunity, injecting of dettol to kill covid, people protesting stay at home policy. \What the hell are they thinking and doing over there???

The elites in the West have no skin in the game. They are globalized, and live wherever it's suits them fine, they have residences all over the globe and don't get homesick easily.   Like Peter Thiel bought a NZ passport. 

In their home countries, they are isolated from the plebs, much better isolated than the rich in Thailand. In the beginning, some of the elites did catch covid (Hanks, Prince Charles, Boris Johnson). This doesn't happen anymore. It's the expendable who die, a.k.a. the poor.

Thai elites mostly really want to live in Thailand. Of course,  there is a special case which we cannot talk about here. 

I forgot to mention that the Thai elites make their money mostly from the Thais and from Thailand. In this respect, they are not as globalized either. 

So they are interested in a functioning Thai state and economic system. 

13 hours ago, Ratchsima said:

If I understood anything that you wrote, I would respond. We have the Thai Educational system to thank for that.

• Like 1