Heavy rains, thundershowers forecast for many parts of country

rooster59

Heavy rains, thundershowers forecast for many parts of country

By THE NATION

800_b29f68fc96935c5.jpg

The Thailand Meteorological Department on Saturday (May 23) forecast heavy rains in the South’s west coast, as a moderate southwest monsoon prevails across the Andaman Sea and Thailand while a low-pressure cell covers the Gulf of Tonkin.

Moderate wind waves in the Andaman Sea will be 1-2 metres high and more than two metres high during thundershowers. All ships have been urged to proceed with caution.

The weather forecast for the next 24 hours is as follows:

Northern region: Cloudy with thundershowers in 10 per cent of the areas; temperature lows of 24-27 degrees and highs of 36-39 degrees Celsius.

Northeastern region: Mostly cloudy with thundershowers in 60 per cent of the areas; temperature lows of 25-28 degrees and highs of 36-40 degrees Celsius.

Central region: Mostly cloudy with thundershowers in 10 per cent of the areas; temperature lows of 25-29 degrees, highs of 38-40 degrees Celsius.

Eastern region: Mostly cloudy with thundershowers in 60 per cent of the areas; temperature lows of 25-29 degrees, highs of 33-39 degrees Celsius; waves a metre high and 1-2 metres during thundershowers.

Southern region (east coast): Mostly cloudy with thundershowers in 40 per cent of the areas; temperature lows of 24-27 degrees, highs of 35-37 degrees Celsius; waves a metre high and 1-2 metres during thundershowers.

Southern region (west coast): Mostly cloudy with thundershowers in 60 per cent of the areas and isolated heavy rains; temperature lows of 25-28 degrees, highs of 31-33 degree Celsius; waves 1-2 metres high and over two metres during thundershowers.

Bangkok and surrounding areas: Mostly cloudy with thundershowers in 10 per cent of the areas; temperature lows of 28-29 degrees, highs of 36-39 degrees Celsius.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30388360

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-05-23

5 hours ago, Dumbastheycome said:

Oh I wish we were one of those many parts! No rain and daily temps  between  35..41C  last 22  days.

Hot and dry here in coastal Songkla

Zero rain from the SW monsoon as yet.

lots of promising cloud's here in Rayong Province, but very little rain,  When It does come, it's over in minutes,  Mind you, the grass in the garden is growing like crazy, I am having to cut it every 2 weeks instead of every 6 weeks. 

• Like 1

I am obliged  to amend my previous post!

For the last  4 days the skies provided  tempting promises.

This evening we have a steady rain after an initial deluge.

Yeehahhh !

I  can rejoice a  moment and ignore the  fact that  I will have to dust off the  lawnmower to subdue the rampant weed attempts to reclaim the land I  do not  own !????

The last time I remember having so many days of 37+ weather was about seven years ago. I suppose we're paying the price for a comparatively mild 'hot' season up until May began. Speaking about Kalsin Province. Others may have experienced different.

I think its Called an El Chan O Cha Cha season, and I believe it is caused by a Government full of hot air and ill winds.....but only time will tell or maybe only a Pra Wit with time pieces can tell. It comes between an El Nino and a La Nina....

I learned a long time ago that there are only 2 types of jobs a liar can have and never fear loosing the job, and those are:

1. Weatherman / Meteorologist

2. Politician

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pineapple01 said:

Isnt Centigrade the same as Celsius. Dont like these communist measure things. 

To make weather to a political thing just shows your brain ability. 

• Sad 1

20 hours ago, Dumbastheycome said:

Oh I wish we were one of those many parts! No rain and daily temps  between  35..41C  last 22  days.

I agree, all we had in Surin province was heavy clouds and a bit of wind.