Where/how to get rid of an old bed and mattress?

3STTW

We’ve decided to give the spare room a facelift and need to get rid of the old king size bed. I don’t have a car or truck big enough to move it so I'm wondering how to go about this?

Very little is ever really thrown away here. One mans junk is another mans treasure etc. So you just need to put the word out that it is free to anyone who can come and collect. 

Thanks for all the replies, we’re on a pretty secure estate so we don’t get anything in the way of through traffic. Sounds like the garbage truck will be the best option. The bed frame is melamine so I think the store room might be getting some new shelves!

51 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I just put it in the road, doesn't matter what it is.

Nothing is ever there the next day.

The local bins are at the end our street, it almost comical to watch when dumping old furniture next to the bin, stuff lasts minutes. 

Edited by recom273
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, 3STTW said:

Thanks for all the replies, we’re on a pretty secure estate so we don’t get anything in the way of through traffic. Sounds like the garbage truck will be the best option. The bed frame is melamine so I think the store room might be getting some new shelves!

You get security guards and road sweepers ........ same as me.

They're enough!

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Got a Thai wife or girlfriend? I wanted to get rid of a king sized mattress and she made a call and a truck arrived and it was gone!

I wonder if you could get rid of a Thai wife or girlfriend as easily? ????

9 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

Hire the garbage folks to remove it?  They normally make extra cash doing such things and perhaps they can sell it for a few baht instead of it ending in a vacant lot.

It may end up in a vacant lot with a desperate family...grateful to not have to sleep on the ground.

20 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Got a Thai wife or girlfriend? I wanted to get rid of a king sized mattress and she made a call and a truck arrived and it was gone!

Half of my Thai wives friends are so bloomin rich ,even if she told them we no longer wanted our old car ,they would not bother to collect it????

seriously i aint joking .