Pattaya: Police on the case of alleged theft of donation money on Jomtien Beach

rooster59

Pattaya: Police on the case of alleged theft of donation money on Jomtien Beach

Image2-109.jpg

Image: 77kaoded

Thai media reported that the Pattaya police were so far unable to make progress in the case of a man who allegedly ran off with 10,000 baht being handed out to a queue of needy people in Jomtien earlier in the week.

There is no CCTV evidence and the foreigner - described by 77kaoded as a farang - has neither come forward to file a complaint or been traced.

Chief Pol Col Khemmarin Phitsamai has put Pol Capt Dork-rak Sarot in charge of investigations.

Witnesses have been interviewed but what actually transpired is still uncertain. A musician had earlier alerted the media to the story with a Facebook post suggesting that recipients were getting 1,000 baht donations each and a long line had formed.

Pol Col Khemmarin asked the foreigner to come forward to explain and for the suspect to turn himself in whether guilty or not to establish what happened.

Some have suggested that one man stole the money but then four or five others ran after him demanding their cut.

Source: 77kaoded

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-05-23

When I first heard this story, saying 10000 baht was stolen, and saw the video of a queue nearly the length of the beach, I was thinking the donor had a stack of 100 x 100 baht notes. You know, just enough to allow 100 families to buy some rice and veggies.

He only had 10 x 1000 baht notes? For just the first 10 lucky people? No wonder they decided to make a grab at it.

Or, he had already been handing them out, and only 10000 was left? He was out there with a stack of 1000's? Maybe that's why he isn't showing up now.

Why should the foreigner 'turn himself in'?

When I understand correctly he handed donations of his own money to people in need, but was robbed of his donation money.  If he doesn't file a complaint, why is there even an investigation?

Or am I missing something?

5 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

Why should the foreigner 'turn himself in'?

When I understand correctly he handed donations of his own money to people in need, but was robbed of his donation money.  If he doesn't file a complaint, why is there even an investigation?

Or am I missing something?

Fair point.... the guy shrugged, said 'oh well' and walked off thanking his blessings that he wasn't whacked over the head with a bit of 4x2 instead.

• Like 1