Woman arrested for allegedly poisoning son, 2, and fraud

rooster59

Woman arrested for allegedly poisoning son, 2, and fraud

By THE NATION

800_8db37141510d663.jpg

A woman has been arrested for allegedly poisoning her two-year-old son and fraud for seeking donations online to treat her son’s illness.

Supatcha Sutthiphol, director-general of the Department of Children and Youth, Ministry of Social Development and Human Security, said that police from the Crime Suppression Division had arrested a 29-year-old woman on May 18 for fraud and severely wounding a child at her house in Bangkok’s Don Muang district.

“The suspect had admitted her two-year-old boy at a hospital, claiming he had an allergic reaction to seafood,” she said. “Doctors found no allergy, but detected traces of a corrosive chemical in the mouth, stomach and intestines of the boy who was vomiting violently.”

640_bd8ggbd6f78bbjbbgh6ki.jpg

Supatcha Sutthiphol, director-general of the Department of Children and Youth

Hospital staff checked their records and found that the woman had previously brought a four-year-old girl to the hospital, claiming it was her daughter and was ill with similar symptoms as the boy. When the girl eventually passed away, officials found that the woman was not her real mother as the girl’s birth certificate listed another couple as her biological parents.

“Hospital staff therefore asked to see the boy’s birth certificate, which listed the suspect as the mother but there was no father's name,” added Supatcha. “They requested the woman to take a DNA test but she declined, so they called police to place her in custody until they can verify her relationship with the boy.”

“Preliminary investigation revealed that the woman had changed her name four times in the past and had posted on social media asking for money to treat her sick child,” said Supatcha. “The boy, who is now stable, will remain in the department’s care for at least six months.”

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30388372

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-05-23

• Sad 5

Not that unusual, there's even an official name: "Munchausen by proxy".  

I had a friend who was a nurse in a children's hospital and they would get at least one case a week.  It would really tick her off that 90% of the time, the mothers wouldn't be prosecuted,  just required to attend mandatory counseling. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

I just read a separate article in another news journal saying that she had recently done the same thing, making a fortune in the process, to a little girl who died soon after being poisoned. It is difficult to imagine how anyone could be so callous as to basically murder little children for money. In my opinion she should receive the harshest punishment possible ????

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, giddyup said:

Not sure if this could be called Munchausen. It seems this woman was deliberately poisoning the children so she could appeal to the public for donations. Looks like an out and out scam at the expense of the poor little kids. She's an evil monster.

Correct, this women needs to be taken off the streets, especially as she has some previous history of doing something similar.

4 hours ago, dddave said:

Not that unusual, there's even an official name: "Munchausen by proxy".  

I had a friend who was a nurse in a children's hospital and they would get at least one case a week.  It would really tick her off that 90% of the time, the mothers wouldn't be prosecuted,  just required to attend mandatory counseling. 

MSBP is now known as factitious disorder.  

Just now, Bender Rodriguez said:

sick people, specially in this country

no morals, lack of empathy, sociopaths ...

is it the crazy hot weather, the pollution, the msg in everything ...

Any day of the week you can probably find the same levels of evil in just about any western country. Just have a look at the USA's record of serial killers, and Europe and the UK don't fare any better.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ChipButty said:

On the Thai news it said she had donations sent to her around 6 million Baht and she was looking to adopt 2 more kids,  

I heard 20M. Ha. I thought to myself, 'second time? yeah she's rotten.

3 hours ago, giddyup said:

But this isn't Munchausen.

Not enough information to know one way or the other.  Plenty to suggest it could well be, but she needs a clinical diagnosis.  Doubt she would have the resources to get examined herself and the state won't do it, so we'll probably never know.