Jump to content
BANGKOK
Hindy

Huai Yai

Recommended Posts

sorry if this info is a repeat,but any guys out there know anything about Huai Yai area?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

just General info ,looking to buy a house next year and i don't fancy the dark side .Maprachan seems too far out of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ten years ago I nearly bought a house at Huai Yai, so glad I didn't, there's not much in the way of shopping, restaurants and bars in that area. Instead I bought on the Dark Side, not far from the Elephant Village, plenty of restaurants and bars, also a couple of decent supermarkets like Tops at Khao Noi and Fresh on SCC road. I agree Mapbrachan is too far, but I'm only 15 minutes drive from Makro. Huai Yai felt a bit too isolated for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, giddyup said:

Ten years ago I nearly bought a house at Huai Yai, so glad I didn't, there's not much in the way of shopping, restaurants and bars in that area. Instead I bought on the Dark Side, not far from the Elephant Village, plenty of restaurants and bars, also a couple of decent supermarkets like Tops at Khao Noi and Fresh on SCC road. I agree Mapbrachan is too far, but I'm only 15 minutes drive from Makro. Huai Yai felt a bit too isolated for me.

Has  the SCC roadworks finally finished giddyup, and if so how does it look?

 

I've not been that neck of the woods for years, are the bars still pretty empty? How is the traffic? Generally has the area changed much in the last 5 years? Cheers.

 

PS: I ask as seriously thinking of moving that way next year after 20 years in bkk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Keyser Soze666 said:

Has  the SCC roadworks finally finished giddyup, and if so how does it look?

 

I've not been that neck of the woods for years, are the bars still pretty empty? How is the traffic? Generally has the area changed much in the last 5 years? Cheers.

 

PS: I ask as seriously thinking of moving that way next year after 20 years in bkk.

As you are in Bangkok, why not hop in your car and make a small trip and check these things out for yourself. Then you can answer all your questions personally..much more satisfying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, couchpotato said:

As you are in Bangkok, why not hop in your car and make a small trip and check these things out for yourself. Then you can answer all your questions personally..much more satisfying.

that's funny coming from couchpotato

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Huay Yai could be classed as the darkside being on the Eastside of Sukhumvit..Plenty bargain villas always for sale...that should be your answer..suits some but not others. If you are on a budget, checkout Chaiyapruk 2...good value properties and location, amenities a lot better than Huay Yai

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, couchpotato said:

As you are in Bangkok, why not hop in your car and make a small trip and check these things out for yourself. Then you can answer all your questions personally..much more satisfying.

Rent not buy, Couchie. never forget that. Now off you pop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Keyser Soze666 said:

Has  the SCC roadworks finally finished giddyup, and if so how does it look?

 

I've not been that neck of the woods for years, are the bars still pretty empty? How is the traffic? Generally has the area changed much in the last 5 years? Cheers.

 

PS: I ask as seriously thinking of moving that way next year after 20 years in bkk.

Yes, roadworks long finished, it's an easy run now. Never done it at peak hour mind. The bars are still closed at present.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, giddyup said:

Yes, roadworks long finished, it's an easy run now. Never done it at peak hour mind. The bars are still closed at present.

Ok thanks. Yes closed, but when the bars are opened is it still the same type of bars ie the outdoor ones dotted about with just a splattering of local farang, or is there anything a bit more upmarket now, ie a bit more trendy, air con etc?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Yes, roadworks long finished, it's an easy run now. Never done it at peak hour mind. The bars are still closed at present.

Trying to get towards Sukhumvit at rush hour down SSCC would be bad. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Trying to get towards Sukhumvit at rush hour down SSCC would be bad. 

Trying to get anywhere in Pattaya at rush hour is bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...