Thailand reports three new coronavirus cases, no new deaths

rooster59

Thailand reports three new coronavirus cases, no new deaths

2020-05-23T045640Z_1_LYNXMPEG4M07H_RTROPTP_4_HEALTH-CORONAVIRUS-THAILAND.JPG

FILE PHOTO: Passengers embark from a train at a station, after the Thai government eased isolation measures, amid the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak, in Bangkok, Thailand May 18, 2020. REUTERS/Soe Zeya Tun

BANGKOK (Reuters) - Thailand on Saturday reported three new coronavirus cases and no new deaths, bringing the country's total to 3,040 confirmed cases and 56 fatalities since the outbreak started in January.

The new cases are two Thai nationals recently returned from overseas and under quarantine and a 49-year-old Italian man living in Phuket, said Panprapa Yongtrakul, a spokeswoman for the government's coronavirus task force.

There are 2,916 patients who have recovered and returned home since the outbreak started, Panprapa said.

(Reporting by Panu Wongcha-um. Editing by Kay Johnson)

reuters_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Reuters 2020-05-23

2 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

The teeter totter, of the daily numbers is like a heartbeat....wave up, wave down, wave up....when we get to a flatline do we take the country off of life support or what?

The life support machine is already plugged in...................

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

The life support machine is already plugged in...................

Guess we need to attach the stim pads to the frontal and rear lobes to see if there is any brain wave activity then with this group of government folks.  We already know that they are heartless.  Just wonder when Dr. Frankenstein put them together....

Where did the Italian in Phuket pick up his virus.  I thought Phuket had been cleared.....

• Like 2

Amazing, Thailand!

So, none of the people who have tested positive since the app went live must have used the app or we would be now hearing how many people have been notified that they were in the same places as the new positives, right?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, JCP108 said:

Amazing, Thailand!

So, none of the people who have tested positive since the app went live must have used the app or we would be now hearing how many people have been notified that they were in the same places as the new positives, right?

Two positives were already in quarantine (returnees). Don't know about the Italian in Puket though. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, JCP108 said:

Amazing, Thailand!

More than likely they have not visited those places that are requiring the app to be opened and registered on.  I know that out of all the places we ventured to yesterday here in Bangkok about half of them required the app to be opened, QR code scanned, the green button pushed, and then a person had to be shown the verified green button verification. Upon exiting you had to Scan the QR code again and push the red button thereby self checking yourself out of that location, and again it was checked. The Union Mall location also had a Photograph station where you had to walk in front of the screen and it scanned you.  Big brother is watching.  However, in several other small shopping locations there was nothing to scan or check-in on other than the temperature check and a sticker put on you.  The MRT and BTS also only check your temp and nothing more, while the Metro malls inside the MRT locations check your temp and then sticker you.  So this is all hit and miss, and if one pretty much stays out of those places that you register at you will not ever be on the radar, therefore if you are infected it will take a lot of leg work to determine where the fuk you caught it or whose path you crossed possibly infecting them...Random testing is what's needed, unless they are going to microchip all of us and put a satellite up to track all of our movements.  I know that last comment will bring out all of the conspiracy and tin foil hat wearers, so I am sorry.  Enjoy the weekend. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Andrew23 said:

Packed in trains with those masks like it changes smth. I still can't go to the gym and will be jailed for going to swim on the beach. How stupid the world is. 

I think you mean how stupid Thailand is!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Guderian said:

The Italian is asymptomatic, but he'd been working in Shanghai until returning to Phuket in March. In spite of being asymptomatic, he was found to be positive for C19 as he wanted to return to China on business and so went for a health check. The big question is, I guess, did he bring the virus with him from China in March, or did he pick it up from somebody in Phuket, and if so then from whom? And who else has that person possibly infected since then?

The other question is: how reliable was the test? False positives are not unusual.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

Random testing is what's needed, unless they are going to microchip all of us and put a satellite up to track all of our movements.

you need something like "5G" SPEED to do this live tracking of a whole population

mhhhh, when is the roll out again, NOW you say ? AIS starting the bidding

government happy as this will bring in billions for the elite

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Guderian said:

The Italian is asymptomatic, but he'd been working in Shanghai until returning to Phuket in March. In spite of being asymptomatic, he was found to be positive for C19 as he wanted to return to China on business and so went for a health check. The big question is, I guess, did he bring the virus with him from China in March, or did he pick it up from somebody in Phuket, and if so then from whom? And who else has that person possibly infected since then?

Guderian my sentiments exactly if that is the case in how the Italian was diagnosed.  Many questions arise though such as did he come here asymptomatic and is the carrier that could infect many or is he asymptomatic because he had it in China but it was only a mild case, or was he infected and never showed any symptoms from someone in Phuket.  Was he ever connected to another Phuket case, to many unanswered questions that his case brings..... 

9 minutes ago, Guderian said:

I am sure there are hundreds of asymptomatic people walking around, it's impossible to find all of them. And it shows this virus is much less dangerous than what the media say.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Krataiboy said:

The other question is: how reliable was the test? False positives are not unusual.

You just do not get listed as confirmed based upon one test Krataiboy, there is a process that must be completed before the Thai Health officials will even list you as infected.  Look at those cases from I believe Surin  weeks back which were said to be positive but had not undergone additional tests.  However someone put out the word they were infected only to find out after additional testing by those in Bangkok that they were negative....

11 minutes ago, Guderian said:

"...so he went for a health check."

This explains why it's mostly foreigners who are tested positive. Are foreigner tested more?

30 minutes ago, Boomer6969 said:

Oooh excrement! Yet another outbreak, 3 more months of domestic travel restrictions..

3 more months , of no beer bars ,  paradise .

Keep the faith, isloate ..

Edited by elliss

13 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

You just do not get listed as confirmed based upon one test Krataiboy, there is a process that must be completed before the Thai Health officials will even list you as infected.  Look at those cases from I believe Surin  weeks back which were said to be positive but had not undergone additional tests.  However someone put out the word they were infected only to find out after additional testing by those in Bangkok that they were negative....

Thanks. Good to know they are not relying on one, possibly faulty, test.

Edited by Krataiboy

40 minutes ago, Guderian said:

I think he must have caught it in Phuket, the virus would not still be active in him from March when he returned from China?

This along with the German a couple of days ago both were only discovered because they themselves pro actively went for a health check and subsequently got positive results, not through any active government testing initiative. It seems to me that foreigners here are being responsible when they have doubts and are going for a test. I hope Thai's are doing the same thing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Andrew23 said:

How stupid the world is.

No - how stupid Thailand is! No such nonsense here in Cambodia. Face masks not mandatory and many people, including myself, do not wear them any more. How can you enjoy a nice chilled Cambodian beer in a bar or pub wearing a mask????

11 minutes ago, Burma Bill said:

No - how stupid Thailand is! No such nonsense here in Cambodia. Face masks not mandatory and many people, including myself, do not wear them any more. How can you enjoy a nice chilled Cambodian beer in a bar or pub wearing a mask????

Easy just add mask over the face after installed Image result for beer hat with face mask gif

• Haha 2

I'm going with the somtam theory to explain the amazingly low numbers here. The hot climate theory is confounded by the recent infections in Brazil, Indian, Iran, and Saudi Arabia. Some other hot countries also have significantly higher rates than here. 

32 minutes ago, Yorkshire Tea said:

Or ethnicity, or the chinese supplied covid cure keeping their holiday destination clean ????

It must have been all the spitting the Wuhanese did around the Chinese New Year her in Thailand, must have had some strong antibodies that spread into the air and created a Dome above Thailand.  That's it we are under the Dome, it is no wonder the borders are closed it's a glass shield.....