Ex-US Marine arrested last month over Bangkok bomb scare, arrested again in Pattaya

rooster59

Sounds like the guy does have a mental issue. We forget sometimes what damage might be done to peoples minds whilst they are serving their country. Also you don’t know how the lockdown has perhaps unbalanced his mind further.

Sounds like he definitely needs help, but not here. He should be sent home where he can hopefully get the attention he needs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, whitewolfchefny said:

@Mung Bean, Unless You've Served In Any Armed Forces For Any Country. I Would Suggest You Keep Your Ignorance To Yourself. Clearly, He Has Issues. We All Should Just Wish Him Good Luck, And Hope He Receives The Help He Needs. 

Retired USMC Veteran

GR Edelstein

We all do wish him well, however the US Marine Corps made him like he is, they should sort him out. maybe you should volunteer? Not Thailand's responsibility, yours.

What do they say in the USMC? Never leave a man behind? Well they certainly left this poor sap behind.

Edited by Phil McCaverty

4 hours ago, Mung said:

he obviously either has mental issues, a vendetta against his homeland or both. Maybe something to do with his career as a marine, where he probably was used by his government to do some pretty heinous things to innocent people. 

or maybe he was a nutter before he joined the marines ... wanting to kill people isn't exactly a no-no for joining the marines ... 

4 hours ago, RtotheC said:

Probably PTSD. I've seen this kind of stuff before. He needs to go back to the states and get some psychiatric help.

I was thinking the same thing. Has he been in any military armed conflict abroad I wonder. Perhaps the US Embassy should look into this.

so many here want to kick folks when they are down.,  I will hold my judgement until all the facts are in, 

stress restrictions, orders /loss of freedom must effect former service personnel a lot more., always a reason

Everyone deserves basic medical assessment. 

Edited by flyingfox1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, crazykopite said:

That’s not the answer he needs to be placed in a secure environment where medical checks can be carried out . I have to presume that as a former marine he has issues throwing him in prison is not the answer 

Prison is where he has a secure environment and where medical checks can be done 24/7. And everybody else doesn't end up dead if he goes bonkers and makes use of all these guns that he allegedly owns. Btw, any of those weapons been located?

• Like 1

Wow. There are a lot of anti-American posts on here, which shows a decent level of ignorance. Congrats all. From my experience, everyone hates on Americans until the point where they really need us. This man obviously has mental and emotional issues and should get some genuine help. As to the anti-guns comments, well, not everyone can be a beta male.

Edited by AmericanSafety
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

6 hours ago, zyphodb said:

Do you really think that there's lots of English teachers left here then? Somehow I think they're going to be struggling even more than before to find any Native english Speakers. Not that the Gov. care they'd rather have Phillipinos, cost less, and I really don't think that they care about the lack of quality English teaching for the masses, all their children go abroad to school...

Aah so you think that this specimen nut case or similar unqualified workers from Native English speaking countries are better than well qualified English teachers from Phillippines or Africa? I really think that they should care about the quality of English teaching for the masses and not just skin colour, and employ well qualified Asians or Africans over unqualified Native English speaking riff raff looking to stay in Thailand to enjoy the gogo bars and beaches. Please pay attention to the word "well qualified" 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

obviously mentally ill.

lets hope he gets the help he needs.  

The help he needs is in the US. Not here.  
His family should be contacted via the US Embassy and someone should come get him.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RtotheC said:

Probably PTSD. I've seen this kind of stuff before. He needs to go back to the states and get some psychiatric help.

PTSD doesn't automatically make a person act like an a-hole. This guy sounds like the typical right-wing American gun nut ,and I would bet anything that he has never seen combat in order to get said PTSD. The states don't need it want him ,just throw him in the Thai monkey house and forget him.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, natway09 said:

What is it with Yanks & Guns ?   Get him outa here.......I don't want him on my flight, when there is one

It's our 2nd amendment right. Regardless if you like it or not. Whats up with Brits and knives? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Mens Mental health gets little support so, maybe look at it from where his mind is and it's not because of drugs ............but depression. 

I hope he gets the right help as medical help to keep him and others safe.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, SinCityGr8One said:
9 hours ago, natway09 said:

What is it with Yanks & Guns ?   Get him outa here.......I don't want him on my flight, when there is one

It's our 2nd amendment right. Regardless if you like it or not. Whats up with Brits and knives? 

A bit different from guns - that you choose this arguement highlights the lack of any other valid point you could make.

Knives are used for cooking. No one has the right to carry a knife around outside the home and any if caught, are arrested and charged (hopefully, unfortunately not always).

• Like 1