Ex-US Marine arrested last month over Bangkok bomb scare, arrested again in Pattaya

rooster59

17 minutes ago, SupermarineS6B said:

Look at some of the comments on here ...... you should be ashamed of yourselves if that was possible... The man's an ex Marine who's spent time in the middle east and who's got God knows what problems caused by his service. Most of the K*&^s on here couldn't pass urine nevermind Marine training, so cut the bloke some slack and if you can help him or know someone that can then do so.....  Thailand's become a nasty little place full of K&^%s and i'm not only talking about the fools in charge......   

Fair point - I commented on the first story (bomb threat) that this guy was clearly unwell and needed help.

He was apparently assessed by a psychologist. Unfortunately the psychologist failed him, he was a Vet, the US has failed him. I'm not surprised the Thai Police failed him.

I wonder if the alarm bells with be heeded by someone in a position to help or if he'll be let free and the next time we hear of him, its cost either him or someone else their life.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, SupermarineS6B said:

Look at some of the comments on here ...... you should be ashamed of yourselves if that was possible... The man's an ex Marine who's spent time in the middle east and who's got God knows what problems caused by his service. Most of the K*&^s on here couldn't pass urine nevermind Marine training, so cut the bloke some slack and if you can help him or know someone that can then do so.....  Thailand's become a nasty little place full of K&^%s and i'm not only talking about the fools in charge......   

First of all how do you know that his problems were caused by his service? But even if it was , does his service provide him with immunity, and shouldn't he be back in the states under the care of the Veterans Administration? 

24 minutes ago, sirineou said:

First of all how do you know that his problems were caused by his service? But even if it was , does his service provide him with immunity, and shouldn't he be back in the states under the care of the Veterans Administration? 

It is actually known from his FB on first incident that he is and that this is caused by PTSD. He is asked to come home but does not want himself.
Only way to get him back is by deporting him I guess.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Fair point - I commented on the first story (bomb threat) that this guy was clearly unwell and needed help.

He was apparently assessed by a psychologist. Unfortunately the psychologist failed him, he was a Vet, the US has failed him. I'm not surprised the Thai Police failed him.

Has nothing to do with external parties failing him, it has everything to do with his individual rights to refuse taking his medicine and to refuse showing up for therapy.

Have done a internship with PTSD patients for a while in a Military hospital myself, it is so common (in general) for patients to stop taking their meds as soon they feel better, missing the point that the meds are the reason for feeling better. Only way to guarantee them being fine is by locking them up; impossible.

Can go in periods of totally fine to out of nowhere thinking they stand on a landmine again. 

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, SupermarineS6B said:

Wrong, the man's been trained for war and war's what's caused his problems and should be addressed by those that caused it and not inflicted on the civilian population who have no idea what this man's capable of...... Really the American Embassy and the Thai Police should collaborate to get this man re-patriated before he picks up a weapon and does a copy cat shopping mall massacre..... or something worse....

Yes that is not how law works, thank god. You also shoot without mandate because a person is bad? No.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Yes that is not how law works, thank god. You also shoot without mandate because a person is bad? No.

Law ? What are you talking about ?  The man's a trained soldier with a problem that should be addressed by people with more understanding than Thailand could possibly offer him..... Thai Police, US Embassy, then back home...... Might not be the best solution in his mind but unfortunately the problem has to go back to where it was created.....  Then fixed if possible.....

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, SupermarineS6B said:

Law ? What are you talking about ?  The man's a trained soldier with a problem that should be addressed by people with more understanding than Thailand could possibly offer him..... Thai Police, US Embassy, then back home...... Might not be the best solution in his mind but unfortunately the problem has to go back to where it was created.....  Then fixed if possible.....

Do you really not understand how it works in reality and with law? I can explain it to you, i can not help you understand it.
It is like you are whining over more taliban, you were not allowed to take out. Same thing, you can't sacrifice Freedom rights over a potential risk. 
If he ends up shooting people, it is a afforded and calculated risk. Shootings happen, murders happen. You might as well lock up alcoholics who did DUI then.

The casualties are desired more than giving up Freedom, just as they are afforded with so many things, including bootcamp and life itself.
Being unwilling to accept that is your personal issue, not this worlds neither this guys.

And if you still think to be right, then you can start explaining me how much you will love that new world, with no rights or law to protect your freedom.
Good news in that case, we do head towards that kind of world. Private contracting would suit you better than a uniform then.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, ChaiyaTH said:

It is actually known from his FB on first incident that he is and that this is caused by PTSD. He is asked to come home but does not want himself.
Only way to get him back is by deporting him I guess.

Thank you for that, I knew little other than what i read in this article. 

I guess legally  you are either "competent" and responsible for your behavior or "incompetent" and not responsible, at which case someone else must take charge of you until such time are deemed competent again. If indeed that person is suffering from PTSD that cause him to act in ways that are dangerous to himself and others,  he needs to be send back to the US where he can receive the treatment he needs.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Thank you for that, I knew little other than what i read in this article. 

I guess legally  you are either "competent" and responsible for your behavior or "incompetent" and not responsible, at which case someone else must take charge of you until such time are deemed competent again. If indeed that person is suffering from PTSD that cause him to act in ways that are dangerous to himself and others,  he needs to be send back to the US where he can receive the treatment he needs.  

Yes but that law is valid on US soil only. In Thailand it is Thai law and you know how that works out (law exists too but obviously poor executed or not at all).
In reality it is often hard to prove and justify that last resort measure, that a person is not accountable, if he keeps claiming he is, too.

Off topic but there is the story of the guy who did a small crime and thought to be smart escaping jail time, by declaring to be a bit crazy,
he turned out that convincing that he ended up for over a decade in a psych ward. Much longer than the maximum jail time. 

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Mung said:

he obviously either has mental issues, a vendetta against his homeland or both. Maybe something to do with his career as a marine, where he probably was used by his government to do some pretty heinous things to innocent people. 

you are a simpleton

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, natway09 said:

What is it with Yanks & Guns ?  

It's our tools for kicking the chit out of the Brits and running them out of our country. If that wadn't done then we would be speaking some form of utter nonsense English

Ex: A biscuit is a <deleted> cookie

...  ????

• Sad 3
  • Haha 2

Obviously some of these boys didn't do their English and American history lessons regarding the "Colonies" in America and the policies put in place by the English governors for the colonists to be armed and form militias to defend themselves. Where do they think the guns came from initially , yes that's right jolly old England...The mechanism was already in place.

We're just carrying on the family tradition. Gee I love this bar ..

18 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

So, bomb scares, tasers, threats of guns and damage to property - and still in Thailand.

My luck, I'd sneeze and get deported

Or slapped in quarantine and then deported. 

15 hours ago, Magenta408 said:

Some lengthy period of time in the Bangkok Hilton may be warranted.

If no one was injured I disagree.  No damage as yet and he would become further mentally unstable in that environment.  Send him home.  He is America's problem not Thailands.  If they don't handle it right they could make it worse.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Phil McCaverty said:

We all do wish him well, however the US Marine Corps made him like he is, they should sort him out. maybe you should volunteer? Not Thailand's responsibility, yours.

What do they say in the USMC? Never leave a man behind? Well they certainly left this poor sap behind.

It is possible combat caused his issues.  It is also possible he had them when he enlisted.  In either case leaving him behind isn't what happened.  Clearly he is not currently serving and they don't control  people's lives once they are out.  It is also possible he was seeing help for his mental issues in the states via the VA system and decided he wanted to go to Thailand.  He may have walked away from help that was being given.  Blaming a country or military branch is not warranted without more information.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, RocketDog said:

Or slapped in quarantine and then deported. 

Depends.  If he has mental issues that might make it worse.  This guy might need major help.  And just locking him up might make it a lot worse.