Ex-US Marine arrested last month over Bangkok bomb scare, arrested again in Pattaya

rooster59

31 minutes ago, robblok said:

Maybe but ask anyone what country is famous for his guns and you don't get the answer Thais but Americans. I know it puts our American members in the defensive but facts are facts. 

I've seen articles showing the number of gun deaths in Thailand per capita is double that of the USA, but no-one gives a rat's fart about Thailand. Totally off the world map. Same as the number of deaths due to insurgents in Thailand's south vastly outnumber those killed on 9/11, but no-one cares.

What's with this guy the bomb threat before now this 

How is he getting away with this 

Theres  me thinking  of my 90 days reporting miss the 90 days or fail to report on time for my annual retirement visa of the  the consequences 

Then read about this guy ?

The facts are:  If he was a U.S. Marine, then he is a trained killer.  If he was a combat veteran, then he could be suffering severe emotional disturbances.  If he was a mere misfit in the military, then he could have been discharged under "less than honorable conditions"; and is ineligible of US Veterans Administration services.  

It is prudent that the Kingdom of Thailand deport this individual forthwith; in the interests of public safety.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, robblok said:

Maybe but ask anyone what country is famous for his guns and you don't get the answer Thais but Americans. I know it puts our American members in the defensive but facts are facts. 

There are more hunters in the US than anywhere else. That is one reason there are so many guns.

23 hours ago, Funkymover said:

Mr McCamy was known to have been working as an English teacher in Chonburi .

American's teaching English must a bigger crime.  

Apparently due to lack of extreme dialect American English is preferred.

Personally nah den, si this absolute tek mik na dat yank speark moor reet than us English.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I've seen articles showing the number of gun deaths in Thailand per capita is double that of the USA, but no-one gives a rat's fart about Thailand. Totally off the world map. Same as the number of deaths due to insurgents in Thailand's south vastly outnumber those killed on 9/11, but no-one cares.

US 2017 - 4.46 per 100K people, Thailand 2016 - 4.45 per 100K people. Look similar to me.

[figures from Wikipedia]

7 minutes ago, mrfill said:
5 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

US 2017 - 4.46 per 100K people, Thailand 2016 - 4.45 per 100K people. Look similar to me.

[figures from Wikipedia]

The figures I saw on Wiki were for 2016, so it seems the US has caught up with Thailand. Must have been one or two of those mass shootings we read about.

On 5/23/2020 at 11:19 PM, Mace648 said:

PTSD doesn't automatically make a person act like an a-hole. This guy sounds like the typical right-wing American gun nut ,and I would bet anything that he has never seen combat in order to get said PTSD. The states don't need it want him ,just throw him in the Thai monkey house and forget him.

You couldn't be more wrong. Empathy is a thing, it doesn't hurt to show it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Wilson Smith said:

You couldn't be more wrong. Empathy is a thing, it doesn't hurt to show it.

Empathy can be learned, but if you're brought up by a narcissist to be a narcissist, you think your opinion means more than anyone's, and you're quick to assume the worst.

• Like 1

Quite a few posts about getting these American gun nuts out of Thailand.

First of all, he merely said he's "got lots of guns". Did they find these guns yet? How'd he get them into Thailand? Or, how's a guy with a teacher's salary go about buying them on the black market? I think it's more likely that many people, especially the mentally afflicted, spout off a lot of nonsense when in difficult situations.

Now, to address those deeply concerned about the gun nuts in Thailand. There was that guy in Korat. There was the school director who shot up the gold shop some months back. There's the guy here currently in the Thai Visa news, who shot his ex's new BF. And now currently on the One 31 news, the wife's hearing about a 16 year old loaded up on yaba, who went nuts on his family with a shotgun.

These people are all Thais. I believe the posters are in the wrong country, and looking at the wrong people, to be worrying about gun nuts.

11 hours ago, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

Quite a few posts about getting these American gun nuts out of Thailand.

First of all, he merely said he's "got lots of guns". Did they find these guns yet? How'd he get them into Thailand? Or, how's a guy with a teacher's salary go about buying them on the black market? I think it's more likely that many people, especially the mentally afflicted, spout off a lot of nonsense when in difficult situations.

Now, to address those deeply concerned about the gun nuts in Thailand. There was that guy in Korat. There was the school director who shot up the gold shop some months back. There's the guy here currently in the Thai Visa news, who shot his ex's new BF. And now currently on the One 31 news, the wife's hearing about a 16 year old loaded up on yaba, who went nuts on his family with a shotgun.

These people are all Thais. I believe the posters are in the wrong country, and looking at the wrong people, to be worrying about gun nuts.

I think it was that the 16 year old killed his father, the father apparently shot and killed family members and 16 year old shot the father dead, but the news could be updated, but when I red it, this was what happened.

On 5/24/2020 at 5:00 AM, dingdongrb said:

It's our tools for kicking the chit out of the Brits and running them out of our country. If that wadn't done then we would be speaking some form of utter nonsense English

Ex: A biscuit is a <deleted> cookie

...  ????

Hey, it wasn't you, it was the French while we fighting five countries at once, ....... You just claimed the credit like everything else..... Strange how you didn't claim Vietnam as a victory though...... Yanks ? 

On 5/24/2020 at 5:00 AM, dingdongrb said:

It's our tools for kicking the chit out of the Brits and running them out of our country. If that wadn't done then we would be speaking some form of utter nonsense English

Ex: A biscuit is a <deleted> cookie

...  ????

But you ARE speaking English, though you have problems with the spelling, why is that....?

As for "kicking the chit out of the Brits", well, if it were the Vietnamese you may now be speaking a more difficult lingo......????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, transam said:

But you ARE speaking English, though you have problems with the spelling, why is that....?

As for "kicking the chit out of the Brits", well, if it were the Vietnamese you may now be speaking a more difficult lingo......????

We actually did kick the "chit" out of Vietnam and more would have died, but we pulled out............The human costs of the long conflict were harsh for all involved. Not until 1995 did Vietnam release its official estimate of war dead: as many as 2 million civilians on both sides and some 1.1 million North Vietnamese and Viet Cong fighters. The U.S. military has estimated that between 200,000 and 250,000 South Vietnamese soldiers died in the war. In 1982 the Vietnam Veterans Memorial was dedicated in Washington, D.C., inscribed with the names of 57,939 members of U.S. armed forces who had died or were missing as a result of the war. Over the following years, additions to the list have brought the total past 58,200. (At least 100 names on the memorial are those of servicemen who were actually Canadian citizens.) Among other countries that fought for South Vietnam on a smaller scale, South Korea suffered more than 4,000 dead, Thailand about 350, Australia more than 500, and New Zealand some three dozen.

9 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

We actually did kick the "chit" out of Vietnam and more would have died, but we pulled out............The human costs of the long conflict were harsh for all involved. Not until 1995 did Vietnam release its official estimate of war dead: as many as 2 million civilians on both sides and some 1.1 million North Vietnamese and Viet Cong fighters. The U.S. military has estimated that between 200,000 and 250,000 South Vietnamese soldiers died in the war. In 1982 the Vietnam Veterans Memorial was dedicated in Washington, D.C., inscribed with the names of 57,939 members of U.S. armed forces who had died or were missing as a result of the war. Over the following years, additions to the list have brought the total past 58,200. (At least 100 names on the memorial are those of servicemen who were actually Canadian citizens.) Among other countries that fought for South Vietnam on a smaller scale, South Korea suffered more than 4,000 dead, Thailand about 350, Australia more than 500, and New Zealand some three dozen.

'we actually did kick the "chit" out of Vietnam and more would have died, but we pulled out.' With the North Vietnamese at the front door and scrambling for the last helicopter. Not a lot to be proud of. A "super power" fighting a non developed country. Quite the contrary. Your Memorial Day highlights the futility of aggression.  

Edited by Gandtee
Additional words.