Ex-US Marine arrested last month over Bangkok bomb scare, arrested again in Pattaya

rooster59

Just now, Gandtee said:

'we actually did kick the "chit" out of Vietnam and more would have died, but we pulled out.' With the North Vietnamese at the front door and scrambling for the last helicopter. Not a lot to be proud of. A "super power" fighting a non developed country. Quite the contrary.

War isn't about being proud. We were helping the South Vietnamese. The US does stick their noses into things that aren't their fight, but America is a conglomeration of all countries, and we feel we have the need to help. Putting a "super power" in italics means? The United States is capable of destroying any country in a matter of hours, although that isn't a good thing to me either. If we didn't leave Vietnam, a lot more people would have died, and most of them Vietnamese and civilians.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, transam said:

But you ARE speaking English, though you have problems with the spelling, why is that....?

As for "kicking the chit out of the Brits", well, if it were the Vietnamese you may now be speaking a more difficult lingo......????

I just like to say if it wasn't for the French they would all be speaking English now!

5 hours ago, SupermarineS6B said:

Hey, it wasn't you, it was the French while we fighting five countries at once, ....... You just claimed the credit like everything else..... Strange how you didn't claim Vietnam as a victory though...... Yanks ? 

Fighting 5 countries....  LOL....  That's because England was the biggest bully out there trying to colonize every country they could....but it came to a halt when they met their match with the o'mighty USA!!!

Vietnam was a win, are they divided today?

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, transam said:

But you ARE speaking English, though you have problems with the spelling, why is that....?

As for "kicking the chit out of the Brits", well, if it were the Vietnamese you may now be speaking a more difficult lingo......????

Sorry for the 'fat finger', I guess I should have proof-read it before posting. Nice to see the grammar police are in full force. I bet you won a Spelling Bee when you went to one of those prestigious UK grade schools.

I don't think speaking Vietnamese would be much more difficult than speaking Thai and I speak Thai fluently every day,...  ????

40 minutes ago, dingdongrb said:

Sorry for the 'fat finger', I guess I should have proof-read it before posting. Nice to see the grammar police are in full force. I bet you won a Spelling Bee when you went to one of those prestigious UK grade schools.

I don't think speaking Vietnamese would be much more difficult than speaking Thai and I speak Thai fluently every day,...  ????

Sorry, you are wrong, I am English but I failed my English grammar exams.

As for grammar police, no again, it was a blanket pun as you USA folk leave out letters used in the English language, plus use a Z where we use an S....

But I do have a spell checker, as my spelling is questionable..????

I don't speak Thai, or USA English....Strange ol' world eh..????

• Like 1

Very impressed with the total lack of compassion for former military, suffering from PTSD. When it happens to someone you know or someone you love, you may change your mind. The United States treats these men like used toilet paper and then throws them away.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KhunFred said:

Very impressed with the total lack of compassion for former military, suffering from PTSD. When it happens to someone you know or someone you love, you may change your mind. The United States treats these men like used toilet paper and then throws them away.

Do you have any personal experience with the VA?  

3 hours ago, KhunFred said:

You are presuming he is suffering from PTSD. Whatever. He seems to have a mental problem and needs help.

• Like 1

On 5/26/2020 at 12:48 PM, dingdongrb said:

Fighting 5 countries....  LOL....  That's because England was the biggest bully out there trying to colonize every country they could....but it came to a halt when they met their match with the o'mighty USA!!!

Vietnam was a win, are they divided today?

vietnam was NOT A WIN......they pulled out koz they were losing ....losing too many men....

21 minutes ago, essox essox said:

vietnam was NOT A WIN......they pulled out koz they were losing ....losing too many men....

And because their population back home were recognizing the futility of the conflict and mourning the loss of so many of their loved ones in a senseless war. They were not fighting to defend the USA but because of their paranoia of communism. Many back home got rich on the backs of the cannon fodder.

• Like 1