List universities accredited by Khurusapha

Hi everyone,

Last week I contacted Khurusapha because I'm planning to study (BA / Ma / PG) in order to get a teachers' license. I've got a degree in another field and obviously that isn't enough for a teacher's licence in Thailand. Khurusapha have send me an e-mail with a link to their e-accreditation website: http://e-accreditation.ocsc.go.th/acc/search/internew/maininter.html

There are only three Thai universities / colleges on the list:

1. Saint Theresa International College;

2. Assumption University;

3. Srinakharinwirot University.

I'm trying to apply for the Graduate Diploma Program in Teaching Profession at Saint Theresa but chances are I can't enroll there because they accept only 40 students per academic year. I'm searching for online universities, does anyone have recommendations? Khurusapha recommended Nottingham University by the way, but it's quite expensive.

I hope this list might help some people having the same question I had and I hope someone could give me a recommendation as well.

15 hours ago, dakineto said:

Just checked the list. According to that 808 universities/colleges are accredited in philippines, while only 257 in germany or 88 in france!??? 

I know, it's so weird right? My university in the Netherlands is also not accredited yet it's one of the biggest in the country. Meanwhile all crappy Philippine universities are on the list.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Michaeldegraaf said:

I know, it's so weird right? My university in the Netherlands is also not accredited yet it's one of the biggest in the country. Meanwhile all crappy Philippine universities are on the list.

A Diploma in teacher education should do the trick for you. Usually offered by a Filipino organization in Bangkok. Another plus is that you can pay in monthly installments.

Have you got your degree/BA translated into Thai and verified? 

It was approved by Kurusapa a few years ago, better you ask them before you enroll. 

http://www.saintrobertsgroup.com/DTE/

Edited by teacherclaire
  • Confused 1

23 hours ago, Michaeldegraaf said:

The Office of the Civil Service Commission which is the accrediting institution in Thailand, does't reckognize any Dutch educational institution providing bachelor degree education or higher other than the original research universities as mentioned in their list. While European countries already in 1999 agreed through the Bologna Declaration on comparability in the standards and quality of higher-education qualifications, the OCSC still doesn't consider the Dutch HBO (Higher Professional Education institutions) as accredited degree providers. The NUFFIC, asked by the Royal Dutch Embassy in Thailand, had a look into this back in 2011 but reported back that it's all up to the OCSC. 

16 hours ago, teacherclaire said:

A Diploma in teacher education should do the trick for you. Usually offered by a Filipino organization in Bangkok.

I'm not sure if this will work as the rules state:

(c) Have a degree in another field and a graduate diploma in teaching profession with 1 year of course study

and mentioned degree and graduate diploma still have to be accredited by the OCSC.

Edited by aidenai

Notice that the USA is not even on that list?  That is because there is no accreditation done by the US Federal Government.  Accreditation is done at the regional state level.  

This does not mean that Thailand will not accept degrees from the US, but they might ask for a letter of accreditation from WASC or some other regional body.  Despite it not being on any of the OCSC lists, they did accept my B.S. from the US along with my rather dodgy Philippine Graduate Diploma.

3 hours ago, otherstuff1957 said:

Notice that the USA is not even on that list?  That is because there is no accreditation done by the US Federal Government.  Accreditation is done at the regional state level.

For the accreditation of USA universities the World Almanac has to be used. I remember this from rules set by the TCT ages ago.

Edited by aidenai
  • Like 1

There is national accreditation in the US, but it is mainly used by the diploma mills...and is a curve ball to unsuspecting students, because regional accreditation is infinitely more credible.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...