90 day report by pc or mobile

I read that some people have no problem doing 90 day report online whilst others find it impossible. I intend to try to do mine online but wondered if there is any difference between doing by pc or mobile. Have people had more success by using pc or using mobile?

I understand that 90-day reporting has been temporarily suspended. I had intended to go ahead and report online, but missed the window of time for online reporting, 7-14 days prior to the 90-day target. I hope that when the requirement is reinstated that I will be able to do so online. Generally, if one misses that online window of time, its necessary to actually go to immigration and do so in person, which in Bangkok is a PIA as Changwattana is so difficult to get to and always an all day event even for the smallest of tasks. Anyone heard anything of late with regard to the 90-day repot coming back online and date eligablity? 

Just done mine via pc with no problems except after it was approved I opened the next appointment which then wouldn't print using their print key so had to print screen to Microsoft word to print. Never had that problem before!

3 hours ago, berrec said:

My 2 cents worth of my experiences with both the Mobile App (iPhone and Android) and the Web browser portal.

And I understand lots of users have had success with the Mobile App.

I tried the mobile App version a number of times and it often got into a situation of an error state and hung indefinitely at the same point. 

The most common problem is once its hung there was no escape from the error state it was left in.

The messages thrown up are often cryptic and in some cases are internal module process errors that the average non IT person reads are double dutch. 

Trying to contact the Website developers is like p###ing in the wind!

The mobile App version and the Web portal are not identical in their data input requirements they are slightly different if you fill in all the fields.

The mobile App version seems to be more sensitive to network related issues, user data entry syntax errors and data input delay timeouts.

The Mobile App database user input entry from the above conditions appears to have some shortcomings in recovery design; it just gives up and throws up its hands and hangs the session. 

it lacks checkpoint recovery where the Mobile App backend Database server and logic should endeavour to clean up and position you back at the last viable input point in the form to continue on.

I did some network analysis from my cable modem router and found "pathpings" (network utility to measure lost network packets in detail) to the 90 day report immigration Website; it was flooded with lots of loss packets at one node in the network. 

I did the same network tests over my G4 True Celular carrier and they were clean.

Now for the good news; assuming your existing visa information is entered into the Immigration Database correctly before you start the 90 Day online report.

And you successfully applied for and got the return authorization email notification for 90 day online reporting; I applied mid week and with in 1 hour had the authorization email.

1)  Don't do your 90 day online reporting until you are less than 7 days out from you due date of reporting; it will not get processed outside that date and may hang?

2) Turn off PC's WiFi to your device if possible and connect to the Website visa your phone's cellular carrier's G3/G4; this minimizes network throttling, congestion and / or cable network errors.

You can hotspot from your PC into your smartphone G3/G4 (WiFi off) to get access to cellular. 

You can do all this on your smartphone via the Google browser on your phone if you don't have a PC.

It's just so much easier to see overall what's going on with the form on a PC screen.

3) Go to online web portal https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online/online/tm47/TM47Action.do use Google Chrome Web browser.

3) Download the User Guide; take careful note of the all the information and format required for the online form. 

Fill out on a sheet of blank paper all the information required so you have the correct data input ready when you go online, review closely the required format and the content as requested in the user guide.....this is really critical!

4) Now you're ready; tick the *I have read and fully understand the above terms and conditions and agree to accept them  

Now click Accept and your on your way......

I have found this method successful after so many Mobile app failures; my approval email came back within minutes along with my next 90 day report notification. 

What I also found was once my Web browser session was successful, the mobile app version that was hung for weeks 24 hours later after my successful Web browser submission it was operational again where I could review my 90 reporting status through the Mobile app. (I did not use the Mobile App other then for reviewing my 90 day reporting status)

My suspicion is that there are different paths to the final 90 reporting database repository between the mobile app and Web browser session.

It looked like some cleanup processes are activated against the mobile App after midnight of the successfully Web browser portal 90 Day reporting.

Up until I had successfully reported via the Web browser portal my mobile App version was hung for many weeks; unusable.  

As I said, I have found this method worked for me faultlessly; hope it helps...... 

Cheers and good luck

..wow!..thnx a lot for that..10/10 and an Elephant stamp for you young man..for me the DriveThru is a treat and convenient..but i will do online once all this gets ironed out.

Never used the mobile app, but the 90-day report website works fine for me.

Some users get errors when using the website, so I attached an on-line 90-day report Troubleshooting Guideline which I complied and which addresses most of the issues you might encounter when using the website as well as how to tackle them. 

The file also contains the direct link to the website (as well as to the mobile app.

Hope this helps.

90-day reporting website trouble-shooting.txt

4 hours ago, Cat Boy said:

I understand that 90-day reporting has been temporarily suspended. I had intended to go ahead and report online, but missed the window of time for online reporting, 7-14 days prior to the 90-day target. I hope that when the requirement is reinstated that I will be able to do so online. Generally, if one misses that online window of time, its necessary to actually go to immigration and do so in person, which in Bangkok is a PIA as Changwattana is so difficult to get to and always an all day event even for the smallest of tasks. Anyone heard anything of late with regard to the 90-day repot coming back online and date eligablity? 

I did mine on the mobile app a few weeks back ,astounded it worked (didn't before) and got my receipt the next day via email (another shock). it was sent 4 days prior to due date.

I thought i would take a punt, Because i did not want to get caught up in the  melee at Immigration around 31/7.

4 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

I thought there was an amnesty till the 31st July.

That's correct and it is not required to do your 90-day report during the Amnesty-period (till 31 July).

But if you can do it on-line, it is recommended to do so as it is not sure that you would be able to do your NEXT 90-day report on-line, if you let the present due date slip.  And that would force you to do that next one either in person or by mail.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Cat Boy said:

The window for the 90 days report online changed a while ago. It's now from the due date and 15 days before, counting from the due date.