Trash bins overturned by dustmen

federicoP

In my area (Nai Harn), in the last days the garbage truck guys are overturning almost all the private garbage bins and lefting them capsized.

Of course they are also pouring a lot of garbage on the road

I suppose that they prefer to have less bins to discharge in the truck but, of course, nobody likes to have the garbage from neighbors in his bin, and to have to clean it from someone else's trash.

I think next Monday I will go to the Rawai city Hall to try to make a complaint......

Any similar experience in other areas of Phuket ?

• Confused 1

It's a pity you live in an area with one of the worst and most corrupt Or Bor Tor's on the island.

Before you complain, have you been paying your 360Bt per annum for rubbish collection to the Or Bor Tor? If not, you have nothing to complain about.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, federicoP said:

I think next Monday I will go to the Rawai city Hall to try to make a complaint......

will you also make a protest poster to hold onto after they laugh you out of the office ?

Yes, I have pictures and video, and I have paid my garbage tax (480 baht, to be precise).

I know that they will laugh, only wanted to know if in other areas there is this problem, and hope somebody else will move about this matter.
They laugh a bit less every time that one more person makes a complaint ......

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, federicoP said:

Yes, I have pictures and video, and I have paid my garbage tax (480 baht, to be precise).

I know that they will laugh, only wanted to know if in other areas there is this problem, and hope somebody else will move about this matter.
They laugh a bit less every time that one more person makes a complaint ......

480Bt. Wow! 33% more than I pay. Guess it was a low hanging fruit for some extra pocket money.

On 5/23/2020 at 4:20 PM, KarenBravo said:

480Bt. Wow! 33% more than I pay. Guess it was a low hanging fruit for some extra pocket money.

It's 480 baht in Rawai. I once phoned them after they hadn't been for a week or more and got the usual response "Truck broken". (I had the same response a year or so before.)

When I completed a new "rubbish collection" form a year or so ago, I noticed that they had put the price up from 360 to 480 baht, but the form stated quite clearly that they would come 3 times a week. That lasted for about a fortnight. Then they came twice a week for a month or so, then back to once a week. I went there to complain and one of the guys rang the driver and I was handed the phone and ended up negotiating how many days per week they would come! We settled on two. It has been like that for a year or so.

I know they always leave the top off my bin, but I thought that was so I could see that they'd been, or so it could dry out if there was any liquid inside.

Anyway, that's the last job I would want in this climate. I sometimes wonder if there's a time of year to leave a cash bonus out for them. In the UK, it was common practice to give the dustman a "Christmas bonus".

To give an update on the matter :

I went three times at Rawai City Hall with pictures showing the dustmen overturning the garbage bins and pouring trash on the road.
The conclusion has been that, since I am the only person that went to make a complaint, they will not overturn anymore my bin and my trash, but they will continue to do it for the other bins in my area (Soi Kok Yang)........

38 minutes ago, federicoP said:

To give an update on the matter :

I went three times at Rawai City Hall with pictures showing the dustmen overturning the garbage bins and pouring trash on the road.
The conclusion has been that, since I am the only person that went to make a complaint, they will not overturn anymore my bin and my trash, but they will continue to do it for the other bins in my area (Soi Kok Yang)........

Was any plausible reason given for  upturning the bins?

5 minutes ago, Dumbastheycome said:

Was any plausible reason given for  upturning the bins?

No, but my opinion is that they hope that, keeping the most of the bins overturned, the people from different houses use the same, and less, bins

4 hours ago, stevenl said:

Just noticed the same elsewhere.

Could it be to prevent the dustbins from being used by others?

It would be very hard to think that the dustmen may be worried for unauthorized use of the bin.....

The problem of the overturning is that at the bottom of the bins there is often some trash out of the bags, and in this way the trash remains on the road.
Who is cleaning it ?  In my area nobody, and sometimes it's me....... 

26 minutes ago, federicoP said:

It would be very hard to think that the dustmen may be worried for unauthorized use of the bin.....

<snip>

Not if they were told to do so after receiving complaints.