Jump to content
BANGKOK
roger101

TV Repair Updates please

Recommended Posts

I have Sony 48' TV which went bang this morning. I think it's a blown fuse. I'm looking for somebody to come and look at it and repair or give me a quote. As I dont have a car going to a shop is not really an option. And a 48" TV is not easy to carry. I looked on the forum but the most likely shop (from 4 years ago) which picks up isn't there any more.

I know I can replace it from somewhere between 10 and 15 thousand but if it is a simple repair I would much rather repair it than send it to a landfill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Numchai might be an option. They are on Sukhumvit near Little Walk. 

 

They have a decent service department and I have used them before with no drama. They do home visit assessments. Maybe a small charge for that - possibly waived if you go ahead with the repair. Not too sure, though, as was sometime back.  Worth a contact. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Depending how it went "bang" it could be fuse.............cheap repair..............if its the power supply figure 1500 baht all in...............if its the mainboard 2000 - 3000 baht all in

Ive just replaced a main board in my TCL bought it online from Bangkok 1300 baht

 

http://www.alaitv.com/index.php?lay=show&ac=cat_show_pro_detail&cid=102489&pid=1215992

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How old is it. I have had a few LGs repaired (boards gone) and it cost 5000 each time. You can buy a new 48in for not much more so maybe time to upgrade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, thaiflyer1 said:

Depending how it went "bang" it could be fuse.............cheap repair..............if its the power supply figure 1500 baht all in...............if its the mainboard 2000 - 3000 baht all in

Ive just replaced a main board in my TCL bought it online from Bangkok 1300 baht

 

http://www.alaitv.com/index.php?lay=show&ac=cat_show_pro_detail&cid=102489&pid=1215992

 

 

That is what they do lately , screw open change the mainboard and close again ,5 minutes work and 2600 baht and repair done ..... but this was at a Samsung repair service at Naklua Nua for my 40"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Henryford said:

I have had a few LGs repaired (boards gone) and it cost 5000 each time.

Exact same for me. I've bought Sony, Samsung, LG and TCL flat screen TV's and only the LG stopped with board failures and a quote of 5000 to repair. I just sent them to landfill and avoid LG ever since, pity really as they may have improved their product but more than once already was taking the proverbial.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/24/2020 at 2:58 AM, MJKT2014 said:

Exact same for me. I've bought Sony, Samsung, LG and TCL flat screen TV's and only the LG stopped with board failures and a quote of 5000 to repair. I just sent them to landfill and avoid LG ever since, pity really as they may have improved their product but more than once already was taking the proverbial.

Luck of the draw I think...I have 3 LG TV's in my home, two in bedrooms etc, all over 4 years old and the only thing I've bought is two universal Remote controls!

 

Washing Machine and Freezer also LG's no problems!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...